CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #49 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Tippy Lynn!

A couple things:

I would like to know who initiated the October 2017 (2018?) 're-connect' over the fundraiser?

If KK is to be believed, she found out about KB and Baby K around August, 2018 - and PF started 'soliciting' her sometime in September 2018.

He didn't waste much time, did he?

I would like to know how they worked on it too. By phone, FB, long distance or was she in Colorado etc.? Or was it just at a one-day fundraiser somewhere... The way I read it they worked on one together sounding as if they were in the grass roots efforts to organize one which would involve more contact...

That would make sense. No matter what, the discoloration in the hay, as well as subsequent hits by a cadaver dog, support KK’s account that PF kept Kelsey’s body there.

It’ll be interesting to see what the lab results say.
Yes the dog hits are key.

I got a lab puppy that is from a breeder that provides dogs to the secret service for bomb detection and HSA for electronic (hard drive) detection. I am training her for field trials, but it is so amazing what they can detect.

We play hide and seek with bird scented items and it is amazing. Even in a sealed waterproof ammo container there is still enough residual scent she will find it hidden in the house. She will even choose between our 3 deep freezes and point which one has the birds in it (yes we move them about to not condition her.)
I have toyed with joining SAR because she just needs a job and I can not keep her busy enough to stay out of mischief.

Off topic

I wonder what assets he currently has?

I presume some cattle?

other livestock?

Truck?

I'm guessing the land is in SF name?

I'm not sure he has too many assets?

I would wonder too what if anything is left for assets which may mean they hope the civil case may bring some facts is the reason? No idea. I think SF and more could be subpoenaed though and have no right to not testify? Civil cases usually move fast than murder trials generally with their two year range don't they? It may very well explain why they are trying to get it dismissed although they would probably attempt that regardless.

I do worry about that as some opinions by people that know far more than I do have said they don't have the standing, Baby K does. Yet there may be different types of actions that can be looked at that they can file if dismissed?

I hope they don't dismiss the civil case but I do worry about it.

Same here! Some highlights here and there every 4-6 months (to cover the whites) but overall blonde as can be. I used to be called ToeHead as a child and now that I work in Home Health, one of my elderly patients calls me Miss Scandinavian every morning when she greets me. There IS such a thing as natural blonds over the age of 18 but probably just not very many of us!

Yep. Me too. Toe head tilt the age of 12. Now I am a mixture of blonde/white hairs. Lol. And why do we care how she looks on the outside? Actually, she's very pretty I think. A pretty MONSTER that is!

• KK told FBI she and PF met each other at a dude ranch in 2006.
  • KK and CL married.
  • CL stated KK and PF dated in college and the two were involved in a sexual relationship during at least 2016 and possibly into 2017.
April 29, 2016 - Friday
  • KK filed for divorce from CL
June 27, 2016 - Monday
  • Idaho court records - KK/CL final Judgement and Decree occurred on June 27, 2016
January 1, 2017 - Sunday
  • Around New Years Day 2017, PF took KB’s gun because the couple was arguing about finances and KB said “maybe I would be better off dead.” And pointed the gun to her head.
October 2017 (going by tweets - unsure if 2017 or 2018)
  • Slater says KK & PF reconnected in Oct. 2017 talking about a fundraiser.
March 2018
  • KK came out to Colorado in March 2018 and started a intimate relationship with PF at that time. KK says she didn’t know about KB or Baby K.
May 2018
  • KB purchase home - 2 bedroom, 1 bath Duplex/Townhouse
Summer of 2018
  • Arrest Affidavit - KK and CL divorced (married for 8 years and still share a home in Idaho together raising their 2 children) - (Idaho court records - KK/CL final Judgement and Decree occurred on June 27, 2016)
August 2018
  • KK told police she didn't know about KB and the Baby K until 5 months after they started seeing each other. (which would be around this time if going by March 2018)
  • KB admitted herself in an anxiety and depression clinic for 2 weeks. Slater said the clinic KB went to a center for anxiety and depression treatments. KB was there in August of 2018. The clinic is the Nedley Clinic in CA. It doesn’t address drug/alcohol issues. The clinic told CB that KB didn’t check in there in November.
September 1 - November 22, 2018
  • PF asked KK to kill KB on three separate occasions during this time period.
Like hell she didn't know about KB. She carried a torch for him since 2006. I think they've rode the hobby horse since then. He just wouldn't commit. So she married who would have her, got divorced thinking PF would be ready to settle down by then. PF being PF roped Kelsey in, and had a baby. KK is enraged at KB. For having a baby with PF.
PF still doesn't want to settle down,but wants his possession (Baby K)
So together they hatch a plan, rub off on,and encourage each other.
She claims to be scared, blah blah blah.
She tells numerous people Except LE, FBI.
MOO

Something that never crossed my mind until just now. So PF and KK reconnected in whatever, like 2018 or some such right and before that a bit on a fundraiser before "reconnecting". Didn't Chad say something about 2016 she was cheating with PF on him? This would be when KB first showed on the scene in Colorado wouldn't it?

From the little we know, they were both rodeo circuit which is a circuit. He was her "first love". So I am now thinking I am having a bit of trouble believing this was the first encounter on the circuit after so many years. At least in even passing or recognizing each other and probably talking (KK and PF). How often did KB attend with him in her early days in Colorado? If, as relationships typically go, you do more of that in the "dating" phase/early on, involving yourself in the other's interests... And KK never knew about her...? Or knew she was with PF?

Just my thoughts here and I've thought this all along, in 2006 KKL was 16 PF was 19, no parental supervision at the dude ranch they met at. KKL fell in love with PF and PF was working at this ranch and found someone to calm his banging hormones down. KKL had to return to high school PF went off to Farrier school or possibly attempted college, I have no clue, but I don't think the Kenney parents would have been supportive of KKL choice at the moment. A hidden love affair through the rodeo circuit that her friends helped conceal through the years. These friends have hid things for her for a very long time if this is the case.

I honestly believe KKL and PF have always seen each other through the circuit and hid their relationship. When did KKL meet Chad and when did PF meet the girl who interviewed? I read somewhere and wish I could link it but can't find it at the moment that PF visioned her in a wedding dress and pressed for a Thanksgiving Wedding. What's up with him and Thanksgiving? Is that when KK split with PF to be with Chad?

I'm wondering if every time PF tried to start a new relationship if KK caught wind of it she'd show up to cause chaos. I know some women who have been like that.
Such a mess, I'm tired of guessing, continued prayer they find Kelsey's remains soon.

Edit/Add I forgot one thing, when PF found KB that's when KK left CL

Edit/correct KKL's age to 32 so scratch the above ugh! I used KB's age

Last edited:
I don't know how it is in Colorado but I know in other states it has happened that a civil case can bring out information that a criminal case cannot. There are often depositions and testimony that in criminal cases is not always allowed. I do not think he has the option either of not testifying as he does in the criminal trial, etc. I watched one once where the civil trial helped bring a murder case that had never been able to be brought because the defendant told an entirely different story in sworn testimony than he told in the criminal case when questioned by authorities. It provides sworn testimony that can be used in the other case and help, and especially if a contradictory story is told.

It though can also hinder the criminal case--I think there is the ability to subpoena an officer, etc. as it relates to the civil case and jump the gun on the criminal case with facts that are not out there yet or things like that, cause more prejudice to a jury pool who may hear he was found guilty in the civil trial.

They cannot question PF as he is lawyered up in the criminal case but he would not have the same protections in the civil case I don't think. It could be helpful or cause damage.

I certainly do not know and am no expert whatsoever but this is based on what I have both seen personally and been advised. I don't want anyone taking my word for it though, just based on seeing some things--it would be a great question for an expert to weigh in on.

I wondered when it was first filed if there may be some reason for it as there is no rush... Except for the fact that they may want to file it while he still may have some assets which he likely will not once convicted.
Maybe they filed the civil suit to force him to testify asap and not necessarily for any assets he might have.

Like hell she didn't know about KB. She carried a torch for him since 2006. I think they've rode the hobby horse since then. He just wouldn't commit. So she married who would have her, got divorced thinking PF would be ready to settle down by then. PF being PF roped Kelsey in, and had a baby. KK is enraged at KB. For having a baby with PF.
PF still doesn't want to settle down,but wants his possession (Baby K)
So together they hatch a plan, rub off on,and encourage each other.
She claims to be scared, blah blah blah.
She tells numerous people Except LE, FBI.
MOO

I certainly cannot disagree with this because there is as much that points to this as anything. The ex made it sound as if this broke up the marriage. Is it possible, exactly, that here was her chance in her opinion and here came KB and there went her plans... And PF was probably playing both and definitely from that point on...

Just my thoughts here and I've thought this all along, in 2006 KKL was 16 PF was 19, no parental supervision at the dude ranch they met at. KKL fell in love with PF and PF was working at this ranch and found someone to calm his banging hormones down. KKL had to return to high school PF went off to Farrier school or possibly attempted college, I have no clue, but I don't think the Kenney parents would have been supportive of KKL choice at the moment. A hidden love affair through the rodeo circuit that her friends helped conceal through the years. These friends have hid things for her for a very long time if this is the case.

I honestly believe KKL and PF have always seen each other through the circuit and hid their relationship. When did KKL meet Chad and when did PF meet the girl who interviewed? I read somewhere and wish I could link it but can't find it at the moment that PF visioned her in a wedding dress and pressed for a Thanksgiving Wedding. What's up with him and Thanksgiving? Is that when KK split with PF to be with Chad?

I'm wondering if every time PF tried to start a new relationship if KK caught wind of it she'd show up to cause chaos. I know some women who have been like that.
Such a mess, I'm tired of guessing, continued prayer they find Kelsey's remains soon.

Edit/Add I forgot one thing, when PF found KB that's when KK left CL

While I agree with all of these points and there is much to support the thoughts, aren't PF and KK both 32? I don't think he is older. He was than KB.

I would like to know how they worked on it too. By phone, FB, long distance or was she in Colorado etc.? Or was it just at a one-day fundraiser somewhere... The way I read it they worked on one together sounding as if they were in the grass roots efforts to organize one which would involve more contact...

Probably set up with the help of KK's friends, I wonder who all was involved in this organization?

Yes the dog hits are key.

I got a lab puppy that is from a breeder that provides dogs to the secret service for bomb detection and HSA for electronic (hard drive) detection. I am training her for field trials, but it is so amazing what they can detect.

We play hide and seek with bird scented items and it is amazing. Even in a sealed waterproof ammo container there is still enough residual scent she will find it hidden in the house. She will even choose between our 3 deep freezes and point which one has the birds in it (yes we move them about to not condition her.)
I have toyed with joining SAR because she just needs a job and I can not keep her busy enough to stay out of mischief.

I loved working with dogs in my younger days I helped train some attack on command shepherds with a friend. The bonding and intelligence just amazed me. Her hubs was a truck driver and came home one day while she was at work and couldn't get in his own house..lol She was at work so I went over opened the door and was greeted to a wagging tail and hand kisses. When he got out of his car to come in I was protected and had to let the dog know it was ok. Once the dog saw her hubs and I said it was ok everything was fine. I've since owed 2 labs, what a great breed!

I don't know how it is in Colorado but I know in other states it has happened that a civil case can bring out information that a criminal case cannot. There are often depositions and testimony that in criminal cases is not always allowed. I do not think he has the option either of not testifying as he does in the criminal trial, etc. I watched one once where the civil trial helped bring a murder case that had never been able to be brought because the defendant told an entirely different story in sworn testimony than he told in the criminal case when questioned by authorities. It provides sworn testimony that can be used in the other case and help, and especially if a contradictory story is told.

It though can also hinder the criminal case--I think there is the ability to subpoena an officer, etc. as it relates to the civil case and jump the gun on the criminal case with facts that are not out there yet or things like that, cause more prejudice to a jury pool who may hear he was found guilty in the civil trial.

They cannot question PF as he is lawyered up in the criminal case but he would not have the same protections in the civil case I don't think. It could be helpful or cause damage.

I certainly do not know and am no expert whatsoever but this is based on what I have both seen personally and been advised. I don't want anyone taking my word for it though, just based on seeing some things--it would be a great question for an expert to weigh in on.

I wondered when it was first filed if there may be some reason for it as there is no rush... Except for the fact that they may want to file it while he still may have some assets which he likely will not once convicted.
This reminds me of the Jason Young case. Didn’t the wife’s family file for custody of their young daughter and got it, because he didn’t want to testify to anything during the custody hearings that could be used against him during a murder trial?

Yep. Me too. Toe head tilt the age of 12. Now I am a mixture of blonde/white hairs. Lol. And why do we care how she looks on the outside? Actually, she's very pretty I think. A pretty MONSTER that is!
A pretty face don't make no pretty heart
I learned that buddy from the start
You think I'm cute, a little bit shy
Mama, I ain't that kind of guy

Doctor Doctor, gimme the news
I got a bad case of lovin' you
No pill's gonna cure my ill
I got a bad case of lovin' you -- Robert Palmer

The talk of the dogs makes me wonder something I have thought of before but never brought up. In the JC case, they used electronic sniffing dogs. I don't think we know but I wonder if they used them here? They certainly found a lot of broken phones or screens on phones, tablets, etc. per the SWs at the Franch. If they did not use dogs, they did one he** of a search. Unless all were put away in the same drawer, etc.

At KB's may not have been necessary as a very small place but I wonder with regard to KK. Did they search her house? I can't remember.

This reminds me of the Jason Young case. Didn’t the wife’s family file for custody of their young daughter and got it, because he didn’t want to testify to anything during the custody hearings that could be used against him during a murder trial?

Interesting. And we have a custody case too as well as the civil case. The custody case is totally understandable but what a great thought. He as the father/only parent may have to answer some questions if he wants to fight the case...

It sure makes one wonder. PF does not seem the type to go fundraising unless for the donkeys and asked to... Yet I think CC and wife denied knowing KK, etc...

I thought possibly KK was involved (or could be involved) in some kind of fundraising activity and as part of her involvement, reached out to other volunteers and donations for the fundraiser - like PF might donate a farrier job. That would be an excuse, although a flimsy one, for her to reach out to PF.

They allegedly owned a horse together. PF and KB argued over money and CB understood PF's money issues to be the reason they hadn't gotten married. I suspect that the ownership of that horse was KK using her cash investment as an excuse to keep contact with PF - in short, using his need for money to 'buy' time with him.

I mean, this is the woman who had to drive to PF or meet him at a rodeo. Somehow he must have always had an excuse why he couldn't drive 800 miles to see her in Idaho - or even 400 miles to meet halfway. That should have been a red flag to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500