GUILTY DE - Sussex Co, 34, dismembered, *GRAPHIC* Mar 2019 - Tia Tucker - *ARREST*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
ME/C Case Number 2019-S-0149

Demographics
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino, Asian, Uncertain
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Year of Death: 2019
Estimated PMI: 2 Days
Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Found March 9, 2019
NamUs Case Created March 11, 2019
General Location -- Laurel, Delaware 19956
Sussex County

Circumstances of Recovery
Body dump location
Inventory of Remains
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered

Condition of Remains
Recognizable face

Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Piercing
Left ear: two lobe piercings and one cartilage piercing. Right ear: unknown piercings

Tattoo
Right upper arm shoulder area: black ink cross with wings with cursive "Jaida" approx 10cm x 10cm

Tattoo
Left upper chest breast area: black ink lines with red rose and cursive "R" or "K" approx 4cm x 8cm

Tattoo
Left side of neck behind ear: black and possibly blue ink (faded) possible bird or butterfly approx 2cm x 2cm

Tattoo
Right side of neck behind ear: black ink (faded) possible butterfly unclear design approx 3cm x 1cm

Tattoo
Back of neck: black or blue ink cursive "E" or "F" or "T" approx 2cm x 1cm
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

WARNING GRAPHIC PICS BELOW

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

LAUREL – Delaware State Police launched a death investigation this morning after a body of an adult was found deceased on the side of the roadway near Laurel.

According to state police spokeswoman Master Cpl. Melissa Jaffe, the investigation began around 7:24 a.m., as troopers were dispatched to S. Shell Bridge Road in the area of Broad Creek Estates for the report of a deceased person found on the side of the road.

The body was turned over to the Delaware Division of Forensic Science for an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death. The adult victim’s identity at present is unknown, Cpl. Jaffe said.
State police: Deceased body found near Laurel - Delaware State News

UPDATED 3-12-19 11:05am – Delaware State Police say the body that was found in the Laurel area on Saturday morning is an adult female. Police were called to South Shell Bridge Road near Broad Creek Estates just before 7:30 and found the woman’s body along the side of the roadway. Her body has been turned over to the Division of Forensic Science to determine the cause and manner of death and her identity. Police tell WGMD the woman’s death is suspicious and the investigation is continuing.

UPDATED: Investigation Continues After Woman’s Body Found on Laurel Area Roadside | WGMD

i kind of figured because namus said limbs missing, but she was dismembered :( I cant read the link because im not a subscriber. is that pic of the tattoo above a piece of skin? :(

Get Access

i kind of figured because namus said limbs missing, but she was dismembered :( I cant read the link because im not a subscriber. is that pic of the tattoo above a piece of skin? :(

Get Access

I can't access this either. Can anyone tell if her name given? I'm not finding other MSM updates anywhere.

Welcome JoliePeruko! We need a link to her name in a MSM article or an announcement from Law Enforcement for the mods to change the thread title and add her name.

Welcome JoliePeruko! We need a link to her name in a MSM article or an announcement from Law Enforcement for the mods to change the thread title and add her name.
It was on the Deleware State Police FB page but they took the post down. I didn’t sleuth her family even though that’s why the mod snipped my comment the NAMUS page is also gone. I can’t log in to Facebook so not sure if it was updated. I’ll just continue being an observer from now on, sorry.

It was on the Deleware State Police FB page but they took the post down.
I’ll just continue being an observer from now on, sorry.
RSBM.

No need to be sorry, we just are not allowed to post about social media comments here. It has to be something more official/verified info from a Main Stream Media source. If the police removed the comments, then perhaps they don't want that info out in the public yet. Hope you will join in again sometime.

:)

RSBM.

No need to be sorry, we just are not allowed to post about social media comments here. It has to be something more official/verified info from a Main Stream Media source. If the police removed the comments, then perhaps they don't want that info out in the public yet. Hope you will join in again sometime.

:)
Noted. Also, They removed the whole post that had her tattoos. Hopefully within the next day an article will be released and I can then link it! :)

WILMINGTON, Del. – The report on the dead woman found dumped by the side of the road Saturday in Delaware was as simple as it was horrendous.

"One or more limbs not recovered."

"One or both hands not recovered."

Those details, unconfirmed by state police, were put into a national system used to identify bodies by the Delaware Division of Forensic Science on Monday.

Police have said only that they found a woman's body Saturday morning along along a road near Bethel in southern Delaware. They are investigating the death as a homicide.

The News Journal found the details on the NamUs database, administered by a branch of the U.S. Department of Justice and managed by the University of North Texas Health Science Center. A NamUs manager confirmed an employee from the Delaware forensic division added that grisly information to its database Monday.

The information, originally public, was switched to private on Tuesday after the News Journal asked state police to confirm details.

The mutilated state of the body described in the database matches accounts by residents of the neighborhood where she was found and by emergency responders in Sussex County.

"Very limited information has been released due to the nature of this incident. The investigation is in its early stages and we do not want to provide information that could be detrimental to this case," a state police spokeswoman said in an email Tuesday.

Though she's unidentified, the database says her face was "recognizable."

'People are scared': Delaware neighborhood on edge after woman's dismembered body found

Noted. Also, They removed the whole post that had her tattoos. Hopefully within the next day an article will be released and I can then link it! :)

I don’t believe DSP shared the images of the tattoos on FB, unbelievably, as I was watching their page for an update. I shared the 3 less graphic photos & cropped as much as I could. Over 1,000 shares and one hour later my inbox was blown up with her name and link to her profile. I was also contacted by journalists asking for her name how I obtained the pictures. I didn’t share her name as I already passed that info to the detective but it did give me an opportunity to educate them about NamUs.

I believe the silence from LE is because of the rumored “serial killer”.

I used to think "serial killer" whenever I saw that a body was dismembered but after a few years of following cases here I have found that it is more likely to be someone who knew the victim and is trying to make it look like a serial killer. Especially when they leave the parts lying around in a place they will be found. Grace Packer's case is an example of this -- she was dismembered by her adopted mom's boyfriend and they left the parts scattered in a park area. The staging of a scene gives it away that someone is trying to make a murder look random. MOO.

Thanks Bombshell. Some quotes from the article:

The dismembered body dumped along a Sussex County road last weekend belonged to a 34-year-old Woodbridge High School graduate who grew up in Bridgeville.

Friends and family confirmed Tia Tucker was the woman state police said was shot to death and left along South Shell Bridge Road near Bethel, where she was discovered Saturday morning.

On Thursday, Tucker's mother, Yvonne Tucker, laid on the couch in her Seaford apartment, scrolling through her phone as cigarette smoke wafted from a nearby ashtray.

She offered an open invitation into her home but had no comment about her daughter or her death. Police told her not to share anything with the media, she said.

“All I want is her back,” she said as she started to weep.

3b680eda-16e5-48e5-bb1b-c7220600ef0c-file3-3.jpeg

RIP Tia

I don’t believe DSP shared the images of the tattoos on FB, unbelievably, as I was watching their page for an update. I shared the 3 less graphic photos & cropped as much as I could. Over 1,000 shares and one hour later my inbox was blown up with her name and link to her profile. I was also contacted by journalists asking for her name how I obtained the pictures. I didn’t share her name as I already passed that info to the detective but it did give me an opportunity to educate them about NamUs.

I believe the silence from LE is because of the rumored “serial killer”.

Serial killer... eh maybe? I live way across the Pacific Ocean so it’s been hard to find articles of other people murdered there . I hope justice will come sooner rather than later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back