OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about this too. Maybe if CRSR was covered up that could be a factor. Same if he was laying underneath his cousin GR, could produce more heat.
already stated this....I put a link in that post as well when it came up....
IIRC from the AR, CRsr had significant blockage in his heart, well on the road to a future heart attack. Since his circulatory system was already impaired, maybe this hastened the stages of his death symptoms.
This is definitely one of the questions I had.

DR was found by her brother on the floor. He was so scared or traumatized he slowly backed out of the trailer and left the newborn crying. SO, I say it's a safe bet DR was awake, unless she slept on the floor. With CR being shot 9 times in extremity, torso and head I'd say it is a safe bet he was awake. Chris Jr was supposedly found between the wall and bed so it's probably safe to say he was awake before being shot. To accuse multiple LE agencies of committing some sort of conspiracy to protect the guilty seems kind of out there to me. But, that's all my opinion. The lack of outrage by the accused for being innocent and locked up without bail is telling to me.

DR was found by her brother on the floor. He was so scared or traumatized he slowly backed out of the trailer and left the newborn crying. SO, I say it's a safe bet DR was awake, unless she slept on the floor. With CR being shot 9 times in extremity, torso and head I'd say it is a safe bet he was awake. Chris Jr was supposedly found between the wall and bed so it's probably safe to say he was awake before being shot. To accuse multiple LE agencies of committing some sort of conspiracy to protect the guilty seems kind of out there to me. But, that's all my opinion. The lack of outrage by the accused for being innocent and locked up without bail is telling to me.
No LE conspiracy because I have the highest respect for Charles Reader, he did the right thing calling BCI plus he didn’t let FWs wealth intimidate him. You didn’t read what I wrote JMO theirs more to the story than what Mike DeWine said that they were all asleep!

JM finding her on the floor was not mentioned. It was his wife that said he saw her feet and heard the baby crying, I think, and he back out of the house or something to that effect. That was quickly deleted from the news site it was on for whatever reason.
Although it has to be considered unsubstantiated at this point, I have read numerous places that he found her in bed with a pillow over her face. This was supposed to have been posted by a close relative of JM....

Your right but think about it a new born baby has to feed every 3 hours JMO Dana and Hannah probably would had heard a pen drop that night

To accuse multiple LE agencies of committing some sort of conspiracy to protect the guilty seems kind of out there to me.

Johnny, you have a great point there about the mother's hearing like a hawk.

Who accused multiple LE agencies of committing...to protect the guilty? Their actions protect the case. They said they want to get the person or persons who did this and prosecute them. ONE SLIP in these kinds of cases, and, the people who did the crime walks. Sometimes they will retract or omit things to weed out false leads with real leads. Sometimes they will leave something out and during an interview a person will slip with some kind of clue to where it wasn't in the media and it's right dead on and they can then place that person into a category of possible suspect due to having knowledge of the crime. That is one example of many why they would omit things or take things off the media pages as fast as the source leaks it out.

The DNA.... and in this phase, I think I read the prosecution will scrutinize collection and analyzing processes and if there was ONE thing out of place that could lead to a case dismissal or the DNA evidence that could place the suspects at the crime scene out of being admissible in court and then the whole case is heard on circumstantial evidence and they can walk that way too.

LE has to be extremely careful even at this stage of the game. NO clue with trial, and, sentencing phases but every "I" must be dotted and every "t" must be crossed.

Johnny, you have a great point there about the mother's hearing like a hawk.

Who accused multiple LE agencies of committing...to protect the guilty? Their actions protect the case. They said they want to get the person or persons who did this and prosecute them. ONE SLIP in these kinds of cases, and, the people who did the crime walks. Sometimes they will retract or omit things to weed out false leads with real leads. Sometimes they will leave something out and during an interview a person will slip with some kind of clue to where it wasn't in the media and it's right dead on and they can then place that person into a category of possible suspect due to having knowledge of the crime. That is one example of many why they would omit things or take things off the media pages as fast as the source leaks it out.

The DNA.... and in this phase, I think I read the prosecution will scrutinize collection and analyzing processes and if there was ONE thing out of place that could lead to a case dismissal or the DNA evidence that could place the suspects at the crime scene out of being admissible in court and then the whole case is heard on circumstantial evidence and they can walk that way too.

LE has to be extremely careful even at this stage of the game. NO clue with trial, and, sentencing phases but every "I" must be dotted and every "t" must be crossed.

This Motion sounds exactly like what your talking about. I wonder what DNA evidence they have?

WAVERLY, Ohio — Defense attorneys for one of the suspects in the Pike County massacre want to know how DNA evidence was tested in the case.
Attorney Richard Nash Jr. filed a motion Monday seeking information on DNA testing in the state's case against George Wagner IV.

As part of the discovery, Nash is seeking the case file, laboratory protocols, evidence chain of custody and durrent disposition, software used for DNA testing, data files, documentation of corrective actions for discrepancies and errors, information on lab personnel and more information.

Will, there be separate threads for the trails? Are the trails random or is there a method in the timing of each trail? Do you think anyone will be offered a deal?

They could have killed everyone and just waited for DR to get home. Unless of course DR is the type of mom to check in on everyone before she sat down to mess around on her facebook acct. Wasn't CRj between his bed and the wall? It would indicate he was awake or or the noise woke him up.

Do we know the bedroom layouts in DR's trailer? Who's comes first?
Not likely. Too risky. You kill everyone then go to DR, kill HMR and CRJR and just sit there and wait for DR to get home? No way!!

Besides Dana worked late that night and was talking to people online and through text around midnight or so

This Motion sounds exactly like what your talking about. I wonder what DNA evidence they have?
That is the exact motion I'm talking about. Someone had questioned it earlier. It fit with what I was saying about being super careful about everything about the way the conduct a case. MOO I really don't care how long this case has taken....as painful as it is for those personally involved and my heart does go out to them.... so long as they have done everything in scrutinizing detail to make sure they got it right. They have ONE shot at a trail for this. ONE if they blow it and the W's are guilty (on the premise that one is innocent until proven guilty which is what state law does say) Four....to six very dangerous people walk and that is scary. We need justice for W and G and we need to make sure that the streets are safe to prevent this from occurring again. (It will, just not by the W's doing it. I hope you understand what I am saying there). There are four children that now have missed out on normal lives because of this. YES big people are affected too, however, four children....beautiful beautiful children. Beautiful people.

Will, there be separate threads for the trails? Are the trails random or is there a method in the timing of each trail? Do you think anyone will be offered a deal?

Fred's lawyer wants the trial as soon as possible so I think her's will be first. Rita Newcomb didn't waive her right to a speedy trial so I think her's will be close to Fred's. They can't do the trials at the same time but they could be done close together.

As for the Wagner 4's trials, they have all waived their right to a speedy trial and Judge Deering has not put a time limit on Motion hearings so expect an incredibly long haul. Angela's attorney has asked for a change of venue and the others could follow suit. I don't know if Judge Deering would still be the Judge in a change of venue.

I do speculate maybe the prosecutors will decide the order of the Wagner's trials based on how the order of the trials might affect each case. They see George 3 as the mastermind so maybe they will think it's more strategic to do his trial first, or to do his last. Maybe putting Angela's first would pressure someone to cop a plea and deny her involvement.

Because this is 8 murders I don't assume that a plea deal (LWOP) would be offered to someone who decides to confess and roll on the others, especially if the prosecution has an airtight case.

However, if this is only a circumstantial case then the prosecutors might think it's worth it to give one Wagner LWOP in order to have him/her testify against the others.

No Wagner will confess and roll unless one of them has an emotional breakdown and does it in a moment of weakness. You can be so afraid of, not just the death penalty but also of living out your life segregated on death row, that you decide to seek a plea deal.
.........My 2 Cents........

Last edited:
Fred's lawyer wants the trial as soon as possible so I think her's will be first. Rita Newcomb didn't waive her right to a speedy trial so I think her's will be close to Fred's. They can't do the trials at the same time but they could be done close together.

As for the Wagner 4's trials, they have all waived their right to a speedy trial and Judge Deering has not put a time limit on Motion hearings so expect an incredibly long haul. Angela's attorney has asked for a change of venue and the others could follow suit. I don't know if Judge Deering would still be the Judge in a change of venue.

I do speculate maybe the prosecutors will decide the order of the Wagner's trials based on how the order of the trials might affect each case. They see George 3 as the mastermind so maybe they will think it's more strategic to do his trial first, or to do his last. Maybe putting Angela's first would pressure someone to cop a plea and deny her involvement.

Because this is 8 murders I don't assume that a plea deal (LWOP) would be offered to someone who decides to confess and roll on the others, especially if the prosecution has an airtight case.

However, if this is only a circumstantial case then the prosecutors might think it's worth it to give one Wagner LWOP in order to have him/her testify against the others.

No Wagner will confess and roll unless one of them has an emotional breakdown and does it in a moment of weakness. You can be so afraid of, not just the death penalty but also of living out your life segregated on death row, that you decide to seek a plea deal.
.........My 2 Cents........

Maybe we could have a trial thread for the 2 grandmas first, then see how it goes for the other 4. I'm thinking of asking whether we can add a second Media & Timelines thread just to handle evidence and trial documents for all the cases.

Maybe we could have a trial thread for the 2 grandmas first, then see how it goes for the other 4. I'm thinking of asking whether we can add a second Media & Timelines thread just to handle evidence and trial documents for all the cases.

Yes! Start with the grandmas and there is just too much information to not have a 2nd M&T thread. How would posters get that kind of thing going?

I had thought about a thread to post just the MSM articles (with descriptions and dates) that were written before the arrests for posters who weren't following the case from the beginning. Those articles give alot of basic information and answer alot of common questions people ask about the case.

Last edited:
Why, exactly? What if they chose to enact revenge on DeWine, Reader, or the children? Just curious.
They had plenty of time to get revenge. They knew a grand jury had been meeting prior to their arrest’s.

<modsnipped- websleuths does not condone violence>

Last edited by a moderator:
They had plenty of time to get revenge. They knew a grand jury had been meeting prior to their arrest’s.

<modsnipped>

No. Sitting in jail not seeing each other, not having control, and not being able to stop thinking about the Rhodens and HG, is the best thing that could happen to them right now--- it's where the families need them to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly think there is more to it than custody. If that where the case then they could have just offed Hanna. Girls go missing all the time and disappearances are much harder to solve than murders. I would guess that money was a big motivating factor. I think George 3 saw that Chris SR was doing much better then himself. Plus i've heard through the local rumor mill that Rhoden SR had quite a bit of cash stashed back upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Chris SR seemed like a very smart and frugal man. My grandpa always said that its better to be rich and act poor than be poor and act rich. I think the Rhodens were very wealthy. Even Chris Jr was rumored to flash thick wads of cash at school and around town.

I honestly think there is more to it than custody. If that where the case then they could have just offed Hanna. Girls go missing all the time and disappearances are much harder to solve than murders. I would guess that money was a big motivating factor. I think George 3 saw that Chris SR was doing much better then himself. Plus i've heard through the local rumor mill that Rhoden SR had quite a bit of cash stashed back upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Chris SR seemed like a very smart and frugal man. My grandpa always said that its better to be rich and act poor than be poor and act rich. I think the Rhodens were very wealthy. Even Chris Jr was rumored to flash thick wads of cash at school and around town.

The local rumor mill is very flawed. MOO :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member