CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that the fact that Joey called his bank on Thursday the 4th, and didn't alert the rep to fraud is the closest thing we have to proof that he was OK with the check Chase wrote and cashed that week. Plus the fact that Joey didn't alter any of his passwords.

But no, without Joey or an email or someone else vouching for this, we may never know with absolute certainty what the actual arrangement was.

I disagree that Joey, not submitting a fraud report on the 4th, means that he was fine with Chase having 76 blank checks to sign at will.

You don't 'alert' the bank rep to fraud. You have to submit a report and IT FREEZES YOUR ENTIRE ACCOUNT.

I don't believe that Joey wanted to freeze his business account, without discussing this check with Chase first.

Chase was probably owed money from that job. Maybe Joey wanted to clarify the situation before accusing Chase of fraud. That would bring in LE immediately. Why would Joey do that before discussing things with his long time friend?

As for the passwords, he didn't have much time to deal with any of that, it seems.

I'm just listening to Part 1 of today's testimony now, when Maline asks for the date of the jailhouse call Rodriguez says this is "a transcript from a call that occurred on October 11th 2014, prior to the defendant's arrest."

ETA I think it was the day after she was interviewed by detectives, so I'm wondering if they bugged the phones.

They did! It was in the search warrants, towards the end.

One question: How come CJ did NOT know she had a Quickbook account in her name, as alluded to by the Pros? That must also be another unlucky coincidence for CM.

Was this from back when she was doing the books for his business? Sorry... haven't listened yet, so no clue what you are talking about haha

Was this from back when she was doing the books for his business? Sorry... haven't listened yet, so no clue what you are talking about haha

The Pros asked her about using QB's/finances with CM and she said something about not using QB's. The Pros asked her/said there was an account in her name.

This was about WHY CJ opened a different bank account and STOPPED sharing one with CM. CM was overdrawn and owed a lot of bank fees, was her reply.

Last edited:
The Pros asked her about using QB's/finances with CM and she said something about not using QB's. The Pros said there was an account in her name.

oh ok, so not something that was from 2009/10? I don't know what the big deal would be about that to be honest? I use program's that are in my husbands name and vise versa all the time ... for years, sometimes because of how it's being purchased, they usually require the info 'match' the credit card or whatever way it's being paid for. (My husband hates that he get's notices in his email with Big Brother news haha)

ETA: CM's past employee.. Elva Fonseca testified that she used QB's when she worked for Chase. I am going to assume she is who Chase hired to replace what Cathy was doing. The timing seems to be right.

I think CJs testimony is more problematic for the defense than Taylor's. And I thought Taylor's was bad.

I think a lot will depend on what they can back up to 'verify' what Cathy has said. I'm saying this having not listened today, but I think that is what it will come down to. Do we even know if Cathy's testimony finished today? I can't believe no one tweeted about it today, I just checked Cathy's twitter and she didn't even post a summary :(

oh ok, so not something that was from 2009/10? I don't know what the big deal would be about that to be honest? I use program's that are in my husbands name and vise versa all the time ... for years, sometimes because of how it's being purchased, they usually require the info 'match' the credit card or whatever way it's being paid for. (My husband hates that he get's notices in his email with Big Brother news haha)

Not a big deal? CJ HAD to get her own account because of CM's overdrawn monies/owing banks/people.creditors. That is when she STOPPED banking (shared account) with him. Yep, no big deal.

I think a lot will depend on what they can back up to 'verify' what Cathy has said. I'm saying this having not listened today, but I think that is what it will come down to. Do we even know if Cathy's testimony finished today? I can't believe no one tweeted about it today, I just checked Cathy's twitter and she didn't even post a summary :(

The Pros just posted her phone transcript/CM cell records and proved it was the 28th, not the 4th, that CM attempted to "remind her" of the night. Come on now.

Not a big deal? CJ HAD to get her own account because of CM's overdrawn monies/owing banks/people.creditotrs. That is when she STOPPED banking (shared account) with him. Yep, no big deal.

Bank account or Quickbooks? you were talking about Quickbooks...

This was your original post...

The Pros asked her about using QB's/finances with CM and she said something about not using QB's. The Pros asked her/said there was an account in her name.

You EDITED YOUR POST and then replied to me as if I knew you edited it... geesh, not necessary to reply in that manner IMO

The Pros just posted her phone transcript/CM cell records and proved it was the 28th, not the 4th, that CM attempted to "remind her" of the night. Come on now.

Because Joey couldn't ever call on another night :rolleyes:

@missy1974 You know I respect you 100%. But CJ's testimony was NOT in any way helpful for CM. Was she supposed to be a character witness or assassin? She certainly assassinated his character 100% on that phone conversation.

I believe she WANTS to believe he could never have done what he has done.

You EDITED YOUR POST and then replied to me as if I knew you edited it... geesh, not necessary to reply in that manner IMO

Sorry, I should have added that they were talking about CJ/CM's finances. I apologize.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5m5 minutes ago
#McStay - Katherine Jarvis was on the stand the entire day. The jury heard a jailhouse recording when Jarvis visited Merritt. We heard a portion of this in a hearing earlier in the trial. All audio from today will be on our YouTube channel. (photo screenshot abc7 - 03/13/19)

D1qVlCZUgAAJw8d.png

Actually, I was talking about both. But, CJ NEVER knew she had a QB account, until the Pros showed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01