Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like the fashion star daughter has lost her endorsements for her youtube channel as well, about 5 companies pulled all of her merch and products

bet she isn't very happy with mummy and daddy, that was her dream job being a youtube star with her own products

A lot of her dream job was set up by her dad's marketing skill and involvement.

There's nothing special about what she was doing. She just had a dad with a name that could open doors and provide financing for her "dream".

Hype, hype, hype

Whoa.... the dentistry professor story gets worse.

HE had a 3+ decade career at USC!! From student to lab director to chair of the periodontology department.

You can't make this stuff up....

USC’s central role in college admissions scandal brings anger and dismay

I wonder how he got in contact with Rick Singer. Seems like this particular dad wouldn't be in the same "elite" social circles with connections to college-admissions con-men. He's more of a little folk like the rest of us...and an academic himself! What was he thinking?!?!

jmo

Whoa.... the dentistry professor story gets worse.

HE had a 3+ decade career at USC!! From student to lab director to chair of the periodontology department.

You can't make this stuff up....

USC’s central role in college admissions scandal brings anger and dismay

And this little tidbit from the article:

"Defendant Mossimo Giannulli, a fashion designer married to Loughlin, traveled to Augusta, Ga., home of the Masters golf tournament, with USC’s athletic director, according to the affidavit. It is unclear whether he was speaking of the current athletic director, Lynn Swann, or his predecessor, Pat Haden."

Loughlin and Gianulli sure worked hard at this fraud scheme. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them goes to prison for this

There's nothing special about what she was doing. She just had a dad with a name that could open doors and provide financing for her "dream".

Hype, hype, hype

Exactly. She was born with great looks and rich, well connected parents. A huge head start without even trying.

I might be off base, but I don't think Lopez was referring to Trump, though I suppose he could have been. I thought he was comparing the elite fudging documents for the benefit of their kids' future to people in the country illegally faking documents for the purpose of providing a better life for their kids or parents in bad school districts lying about their address so their kids can attend a better school.

I thought Lopez was saying people shouldn't throw rocks at the little people for doing the same things the elite do for their families.

jmo

Will Hallmark fire Lori Loughlin after indictment? Company responds to college admissions scam

Exactly. She was born with great looks and rich, well connected parents. A huge head start without even trying.

I guess going to community college would not have been "trendy" enough. Seriously! What is wrong with community college? Nothing!

There is something so wrong about this situation. Snobbery. Lack of ethics. And the fact that this girl is so clueless, that her own Mother paid for her to get into USC, because she couldn't get there on merit!

Hype, hype, hype

There is plenty of irony and comments from all over about this case. Some of the very people wagging their fingers and chiming in apparently have not googled the definition of hypocrisy lately. In watching The View yesterday Megan McCain was all in. IMO if it were not for her Father she would not be sitting on that stage to pass judgement on others.

JMO

There is plenty of irony and comments from all over about this case. Some of the very people wagging their fingers and chiming in apparently have not googled the definition of hypocrisy lately. In watching The View yesterday Megan McCain was all in. IMO if it were not for her Father she would not be sitting on that stage to pass judgement on others.

JMO

In her defense:

Giannulli knocked Arizona State University as an example of a college the couple wouldn't want their daughters to attend.

McCain noted that the McCain Institute for International Leadership is housed at ASU, acknowledging that "not everything is about my family, I know. I read my tweets; I know what you guys are saying."

"I’m very proud to have my family’s name attached to ASU. It is an incredible, incredible, incredible college," she said before throwing some shade. "Aunt Becky’s husband – whoever the hell you are. I had no idea who you were until yesterday, sorry – your kid probably wouldn’t have even been good enough to get into ASU."

"To Aunt Becky's husband who talked (expletive) about ASU -- The @McCainInstitute for International Leadership does incredible work w/ students in cooperation with ASU and I guarantee those students involved will go on to do great things in the world and didn't have to lie to get there," McCain tweeted.

'The View': Meghan McCain slams 'Aunt Becky’s husband' for dissing ASU in bribery case

Geez...

Lori Loughlin's Daughter Olivia Jade Says Fashion Designer Father 'Faked His Way' Through College

During an interview with the Zach Sang Show posted on March 8, Olivia Jade, 19, said that she looks to her dad – who created the fashion line Mossimo – for “inspiration.”

“He didn’t come from a lot so it’s cool to see that he built it all himself,” she said. “He, like, built his whole entire brand and he wasn’t actually, like, I don’t know if I’m supposed to say this, ever enrolled in college. But he, like, faked his way through it and then he started his whole business with tuition money that his parents thought was going to college. That’s, like, such a different time. I don’t know if I was supposed to say that, but it’s okay.”

These film companies that are piling on and saying they are "pulling the plug" on projects in production involving these "stars" are forgetting to mention that they are covered seven ways to sunrise with contractual morals clauses. Also not mentioning that almost all Production Companies carry "Completion" insurance policies to cover these problems.

JMO

UniFi Completion Guarantors - Film and TV Bond Company

From my understanding there were coaches involved who accepted the bribes. Seems if they were still in their position they are getting fired pretty quickly. UT fired their tennis coach and I think I read someone else was let go too.
Geez...

Lori Loughlin's Daughter Olivia Jade Says Fashion Designer Father 'Faked His Way' Through College

During an interview with the Zach Sang Show posted on March 8, Olivia Jade, 19, said that she looks to her dad – who created the fashion line Mossimo – for “inspiration.”

“He didn’t come from a lot so it’s cool to see that he built it all himself,” she said. “He, like, built his whole entire brand and he wasn’t actually, like, I don’t know if I’m supposed to say this, ever enrolled in college. But he, like, faked his way through it and then he started his whole business with tuition money that his parents thought was going to college. That’s, like, such a different time. I don’t know if I was supposed to say that, but it’s okay.”

I guess what, like, bothers me, you know, about this whole thing, is like, these "influencers" that people, like, supposedly look up to and stuff, you know, can't speak in complete sentences, you know? But it's okay.:rolleyes:

looks like the fashion star daughter has lost her endorsements for her youtube channel as well, about 5 companies pulled all of her merch and products

bet she isn't very happy with mummy and daddy, that was her dream job being a youtube star with her own products

Which honestly, IMO she has every right to be (mad at her folks). Her parents pushed their wishes for her to go to college on her when Olivia was very clear she couldn't care less about going. She was fine doing her YouTube thing. And now because of her parents' pushiness she has lost her dream career.

Sure she may have gotten that career due to dad's money and connections, but there is nothing illegal about that. Lots of parents would spend any money they can on their kids this way, and pull some strings with business buddies if there were strings to pull. That doesn't just happen for the uber rich - I know someone who became a mail carrier because of strings her dad pulled.

Loughlin/Giannulli raised their daughters to become what many would consider spoiled brats. The thing is, that honestly doesn't matter, because there's nothing illegal about turning your kids into spoiled brats.

What bugs me is that no matter how spoiled Olivia may be, she had her YouTube dream and was doing well with it apparently (I'd never heard of her, but that doesn't mean much LOL) and she could have easily built it up over the years and become a brand in her own right. Which is what she seemed to want to do.
Her parents not just forced their wants ('go to college') on her, they ruined all of that for her. Now what the heck is she going to do? She's not going to get into any colleges even if she wanted to, and the rest of it has vaporized. And she's only 19, with a lot of years left to go.

All MOO and JMO

I guess going to community college would not have been "trendy" enough. Seriously! What is wrong with community college? Nothing!

There is something so wrong about this situation. Snobbery. Lack of ethics. And the fact that this girl is so clueless, that her own Mother paid for her to get into USC, because she couldn't get there on merit!

She didn't even want to go to college. Her parents forced her.

Last edited:
Ok just dropping in as I haven't really followed, other than the headlines of the famous people involved.

But shouldn't they really be going all in on these huge money driven institutions and the individuals that were accepting bribes.

It seems that its easy to sensationalize people doing unethical things to get their kids in prestigious universities.

But shouldn't the focus be on the root of the problem?

And IMO its the people that were willing to do unethical things and take money to allow these situations to take place!

All MOO

I think they are. Some have lost their jobs and I think all involved here have been indicted.
If others are involved in related schemes, I would hope that is being investigated also by the schools and the FBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes