Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the public shame and lost opportunities will hurt them even more than the legal system. And many of these spoiled, privileged, entitled kids likely lack the resilience, fortitude, and mental toughness to deal with their worlds crashing down on them. I don't know how sad they truly are about potentially being kicked out of their colleges, but I think the public humiliation and shame will be very, very hard to deal. Especially for those who don't exactly have a lot of experience with handling adversity and not having every unpleasant situation "fixed" for them.

Being mediocre students at USC isn't going to do a damn thing for those girls' "careers". College is wholly irrelevant to ones popularity hawking makeup and clothing hauls and showing off their extreme wealth and privilege. She's famous because of all that (and her beauty).

None of her followers give one damn about college.

This is about prestige. At least in the case of these two girls.

But maybe in the case of other rich children who were admitted via fraud, it could be the case. Gives them an edge in business if they choose that route.

I don't see it as prestige, either.

I see it as business connections for the parents. If Olivia wasn't at USC would she still have been doing spring break with the daughter of the billionaire USC Chairman of the Board?

Olivia gloats on her video how she furnished her whole dorm room, fancy, fancy, overthetop... in a few days with her Amazon Prime connection......

My how life has changed with these spoiled rotten glitter gloaters.:mad:

One of my fondest college memories:

My Mom taking me in August 1979 a week before my freshman year started on a special trip to Kmart:rolleyes: to buy dorm items. I was soooooo happy!!

She bought me:
3 bathtowels, washcloths, and handtowels- 1 set in burnt orange
and 2 sets in green. One set!!!! of extra long twin sheets o_O. Footlocker trunk..from summer camp.. which she crafted elastic inside the lid to hold stuff...and the elastic was recycled from the waistbands of our old pants and underwear!! :confused:
Individual silverware, each piece on cardboard. Corelle pretty floral pattern groovy dishes set....

And my prize.....a single burner hotplate! which made my dorm room pretty hip.

She let me take our big fat dictionary which was my best friend to this day. :)

I am a proud BigTen grad, Summa *advertiser censored* Laude and my "key" is not that of Mr. Singer, but of Ms. Phi Beta Kappa. Yes, my gloat :cool:, Ms. Olivia.

Last edited:
Parents names are in this doc, one description after another of the frauds they committed:

Nationwide College Cheating Scam Complaint | University And College Admission | Test (Assessment)

edited to fix formatting

I'm going to detail some of these creeps:

Gordon Caplan
, a lawyer and a co-chairman of the international law firm Willkie Farr & Gallagher. He's been placed on "leave" from his firm.

"Caplan discussed getting his daughter’s ACT score, which was 22 on practice tests, into the 32 to 34 range, which might help her get into his alma mater, Cornell University.

Singer explained to Caplan that his daughter would have to be examined by a psychologist and deemed to have learning disabilities so she could have extra time to take the ACT.

Once granted an extended time test, Singer told Caplan, according to the government, then Caplan’s daughter would take the test and turn it in. Her proctor, who was in on the scheme, would then exam the test after Caplan’s daughter left, make corrections and fill it out so she received the score her father designed, according to the government’s charging documents.

“And it works?” Caplan asked.

“Every time,” Singer replied, laughing."

Greenwich lawyer indicted in college admissions scandal placed on leave by his New York law firm

How sick is that?

I don't see it as prestige, either.

I see it as business connections for the parents. If Olivia wasn't at USC would she still have been doing spring break with the daughter of the billionaire USC Chairman of the Board?

I don't think the founder of Mossimo needs those connections. These people have enough connections. Loughlin was clear enough about why she was insistent her kids go to college. It was for the experience. But I think bragging rights were as important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member