UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot of faith in Lord Matthews, so hoping he gets it right for Alesha next week.
Think I’ll be stepping out of this thread once sentence has been passed. This case has consumed my thoughts unlike any other before, so much so it’s actually made me question if I want to continue reading about such cases. The detachment I usually feel has completely evaporated and that is a horrible feeling . Indeed, having been a lurker on these forums for years, it was because of Alesha I joined . This thread has also been an outlet for me because my friends and family, who have little interest in true crime, tend to read it as a headline, utter how tragic it is, and swiftly move on. Anyway, I’ve rambled enough, roll on next Thursday.

I have a lot of faith in Lord Matthews, so hoping he gets it right for Alesha next week.
Think I’ll be stepping out of this thread once sentence has been passed. This case has consumed my thoughts unlike any other before, so much so it’s actually made me question if I want to continue reading about such cases. The detachment I usually feel has completely evaporated and that is a horrible feeling . Indeed, having been a lurker on these forums for years, it was because of Alesha I joined . This thread has also been an outlet for me because my friends and family, who have little interest in true crime, tend to read it as a headline, utter how tragic it is, and swiftly move on. Anyway, I’ve rambled enough, roll on next Thursday.

Same here. Hopefully we can have more answers soon so we can stop letting it consume our thoughts. I tend to ramble on a bit too.

This is awful. I'm angry on Genie's behalf. Imagine finding out all the horrific details about your child's murder in dribs and drabs this way:

“I didn’t find out exactly what had happened to Alesha until his first hearing on December 10 last year."

“I didn’t even know there was a second charge or anything about a knife. We knew she had been raped but we didn’t know the extent. They let me read that."

"I was handed the indictment five minutes before we went into court. It killed me. It absolutely destroyed me. They gave me five minutes’ notice then expected me to go into that courtroom with him. I wanted to rip his face off."

“We were still kept in the dark right up until the end of the trial. They were coming in and notifying us of the distressing stuff but weren’t preparing us for other things.

“They were saying, ‘We can’t tell you until it has come out in court’. They didn’t want me in for most of the trial. I told them I was going in either way. I felt they were hiding a lot from me."

“With the pathology evidence, they said they were going to show crime scene pictures which were distressing.

"I didn’t want to see that but family members were prepared to go in on my behalf. They said if any of my family members go in, they weren’t going to show the pictures.

"I felt like I was put in a position where I’d be jeopardising Alesha’s full case if I let any of my family go in there. I told them all to stay out.”

Alesha MacPhail mum says police 'could have stopped Aaron Campbell long ago'

Same here. Hopefully we can have more answers soon so we can stop letting it consume our thoughts. I tend to ramble on a bit too.

I look forward to your posts. Always give me pause for thought and of course we both want justice for Alesha. ( I steadfastfully refuse to abbreviate her name !) Again, roll on next Thursday.

Agree. I feel the same. My life is consumed by this, so much so i'm in work just now on websleuths.

I look forward to your posts. Always give me pause for thought and of course we both want justice for Alesha. ( I steadfastfully refuse to abbreviate her name !) Again, roll on next Thursday.
Thank you. I'm glad somebody does. It's nice, in a way to have found people with similar interests. I know what you mean, makes me feel bad when I autopilot type her initials in.

Thank you. I'm glad somebody does. It's nice, in a way to have found people with similar interests. I know what you mean, makes me feel bad when I autopilot type her initials in.

Yes. I’ve cried buckets over this little girl, had a week off work a few weeks ago and Alesha consumed every minute.... and I don’t undersatsnd why....having been an avid true crime reader since I was about 17 , I’ve read it all....but never, ever, has one little person touched me so much. I thought I was desensitised but she’s proved me very wrong .

Yes. I’ve cried buckets over this little girl, had a week off work a few weeks ago and Alesha consumed every minute.... and I don’t undersatsnd why....having been an avid true crime reader since I was about 17 , I’ve read it all....but never, ever, has one little person touched me so much. I thought I was desensitised but she’s proved me very wrong .

Its also the fact that a 16yr old local teen was responsible that i cant get my head around and makes the case even worse somehow. Senseless, unfathomable and no one can explain why.

I think maybe it's because in every photo you see she was such a beautiful,vibrant little soul,you can almost feel her joy for life,and the contrast of how brutally that wonderful,happy life was ended is just beyond comprehension,it just tugs at something deep inside that we can't quite shake off.
I think it also hit us all just how innocent and normal evil can look,it could sit with you over dinner and you would never know,and in our heart of hearts I think we all believed we would be able to tell if we met it,now our core belief that we would recognise a threat to our children is shaken beyond measure and it's terrifying.

Its also the fact that a 16yr old local teen was responsible that i cant get my head around and makes the case even worse somehow. Senseless, unfathomable and no one can explain why.

Yes and a very affluent teen, who was very spoilt and in his thinking untouchable. Age doesn’t discriminate , you’re either wired to kill or you’re not.

I think maybe it's because in every photo you see she was such a beautiful,vibrant little soul,you can almost feel her joy for life,and the contrast of how brutally that wonderful,happy life was ended is just beyond comprehension,it just tugs at something deep inside that we can't quite shake off.
I think it also hit us all just how innocent and normal evil can look,it could sit with you over dinner and you would never know,and in our heart of hearts I think we all believed we would be able to tell if we met it,now our core belief that we would recognise a threat to our children is shaken beyond measure and it's terrifying.

Yes, she was beautiful and time won’t be unkind to her. Agree, a very vibrant child who shone ( I’ve watched her uncles videos) maybe that’s the crux? I don’t really don’t know. Ultimately, I do think the manner of her death surpasses everything else.

Yeah I tweeted him asking if he would be interviewing AC or working with him and he said no plans. I’m not sure he’ll be able to work with him if he’s in prison or if he can just analyse from afar like on tv documentaries.
I'm going to a talk dr Wilson is giving locally followed by Q and A , on 30 th March, going to think carefully what I'm going to ask . I'm sure his knowledge and expertise in this field , not just this case but on a broader scale , will be fascinating. The how and why of cases like this continue to puzzle us so you'll understand why meeting and conversing with dr Wilson is something I'm looking forward to .

I'm going to a talk dr Wilson is giving locally followed by Q and A , on 30 th March, going to think carefully what I'm going to ask . I'm sure his knowledge and expertise in this field , not just this case but on a broader scale , will be fascinating. The how and why of cases like this continue to puzzle us so you'll understand why meeting and conversing with dr Wilson is something I'm looking forward to .

That's great. I really like watching him on TV. He's like the David Attenborough of criminology.

Something that came to mind is James Fallon's (the neuroscientist) studies on the brains of psychopaths. I can't find the full video of this but it's interesting to see what the difference in upbringing can have, on what you become.

Last edited:
Yes - he’ll be summoned to court for sentancing. He can’t choose unless of course he dies from now and then...

If that's true, then it's different from England where the offender can refuse to appear, and be sentenced in their absence. A recent example is Ian Stewart, the killer of Helen Bailey and her dog Boris.
I think this is wrong, and a convicted person should be brought into court for sentencing whether they like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa