Identified! WI - Clinton, 'River Guy' WhtMale 1207UMWI, 17-20, 'Venom' TShirt, Nov'95 - Carl Junior Isaacs

You'd think though if they announced his identification to the media it wouldn't be too long. Apparently the adult victim in the bear brooks murders got relatives matched through DNA in November and they are still working on verification. I will try to be patient!

A lot of it depends on which lab they're using. Some places are pretty backlogged.

They could use other means, like they did for Lyle, when each had fingerprints (yes, I'm aware they're not available in this case). I think dental records would work if both MP and UP have them. Some agencies in CA will use smiling pictures or talking videos to match up dentals as well. I would hope, for the family's sake, if other quicker means of ID were available they'd use them.

They could use other means, like they did for Lyle, when each had fingerprints (yes, I'm aware they're not available in this case). I think dental records would work if both MP and UP have them. Some agencies in CA will use smiling pictures or talking videos to match up dentals as well. I would hope, for the family's sake, if other quicker means of ID were available they'd use them.

Hypothetically, yes, but I don't know whether any of the alternate techniques apply in this case. In most states it's up to the medical examiner to determine what's adequate for an identification in a particular situation. It seems that with the improvements in DNA, more and more MEs are unwilling to accept alternates.

Glad this one got solved. Next question, was this a murder? And will releasing his name get some people to come forward with information.
His cause of death is listed as undetermined because there was no evidence of trauma and due to the remains being skeletal. That doesn't completely rule out homicide; however. Investigators are going by the position and the location he was found in regarding the theory of him dying in his sleep of natural causes like hyperthermia or a drug overdose.

From DNA Doe Project,
"The official cause and manner of death are undetermined. Investigators theorize the teen passed out or went to sleep and was over-come by hypothermia"

With his name being public I'm sure it may lead to some answers like why he was in the area (to attend a concert/event, visiting family, etc), how he was living, and possibly the last people he was with. If he was intoxicated and abandoned the last people/person he was with may have felt responsible and thus never spoke of it or that may be why he lacked a missing persons report (he still may be listed we don't know yet).

I'm really hoping for a name to be released as well. I know families don't have to release names. I'm so emotionally attached to this John Doe though because he reminds me of so many guys I know.
His name is to be released within a few days. His younger sibling just wrote an open letter to their common mother on reddit and it's heart-wrenching :(

I just read the letter. It makes me wonder how common this is in older teenagers being unreported. Whether it be denial or pure assumption that when your kid doesn't come home that they left of their own accord. Also if they are really close to being 18. Even maybe an altercation between parent and child where the parent out of anger says, "you leave and don't come back". Maybe guilt caused them to not report. Who knows?

I just read the letter. It makes me wonder how common this is in older teenagers being unreported. Whether it be denial or pure assumption that when your kid doesn't come home that they left of their own accord. Also if they are really close to being 18. Even maybe an altercation between parent and child where the parent out of anger says, "you leave and don't come back". Maybe guilt caused them to not report. Who knows?

Some abusive parents hurt their kids because they feel trapped, resentful, even furious at the very fact that they’re a parent. They often never wanted kids in the first place but were coerced, browbeat, or manipulated into parenthood by family who made childlessness seem unacceptable/immoral or partners who oopsed them. This especially for women in the past, who were often bullied into unwanted motherhood with awful horrible soul-destroying sayings like “it’s different when it’s your own”. No it darn well is not, not for everyone - child abuse statistics very, very clearly bear that out.

In this type of situation it’s entirely unsurprising that the abusive parent wouldn’t care what happened to the kid they never wanted in the first place. It might be wrong, it might be immoral - but it’s not surprising.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funeris antro
Back