Identified! WI - Clinton, 'River Guy' WhtMale 1207UMWI, 17-20, 'Venom' TShirt, Nov'95 - Carl Junior Isaacs

His name is to be released within a few days. His younger sibling just wrote an open letter to their common mother on reddit and it's heart-wrenching :(

I am both a moderator here and a volunteer for the DDP. Sometimes family members do post online. We advise them not to for their own
safety and protection.

However, we also see people making false claims in a lot of our Doe cases. These can jeopardize the investigation, distract and
burden resources, and do a great disservice to the family and their right to privacy.

I suggest you take these posts with a grain of salt and wait for the facts to emerge from the agency.

I am both a moderator here and a volunteer for the DDP. Sometimes family members do post online. We advise them not to for their own
safety and protection.

However, we also see people making false claims in a lot of our Doe cases. These can jeopardize the investigation, distract and
burden resources, and do a great disservice to the family and their right to privacy.

I suggest you take these posts with a grain of salt and wait for the facts to emerge from the agency.

Thanks for your wise words. I read something on the DDP website about his story, even his supposed name and him having a brother, who I can believe is devastated. It's very hard to ignore these kind of things. Somehow it get's to you.

Yeah, what's up with this case? Has the family decided to withhold the name? Seems like it.
For comparison in another case with a tentative identification, Marylse Honeychurch and her daughters Marie Vaughn and Sarah McWaters (formally known as the Bear Brook murder victims) were tentatively ID'd last fall but their names were not released until Jun 6th of this year.

Only thing with their case is it was a murder investigation as well. Maybe in Clinton doe's case they are investigating his circumstances or now know something more since his ID is known to them.

For comparison in another case with a tentative identification, Marylse Honeychurch and her daughters Marie Vaughn and Sarah McWaters (formally known as the Bear Brook murder victims) were tentatively ID'd last fall but their names were not released until Jun 6th of this year.

Only thing with their case is it was a murder investigation as well. Maybe in Clinton doe's case they are investigating his circumstances or now know something more since his ID is known to them.

I think you may be right about the circumstances. IIRC, it's believed he died of natural causes, like exposure, so they may not release his name if it's not part of an ongoing criminal investigation, like Lyle Stevik's family chose not to because of the circumstances.

I think you may be right about the circumstances. IIRC, it's believed he died of natural causes, like exposure, so they may not release his name if it's not part of an ongoing criminal investigation, like Lyle Stevik's family chose not to because of the circumstances.

But they’d take him out of NanUs? (When they got around to it, I guess....)

John Clinton Doe case slow moving

Article is from 8/8/19 (article from Aug this year)

JANESVILLE - The process to possibly identify a teen whose body was found in rural Rock County over two decades ago is moving slower than anticipated, according to the Rock County Sheriff's office.

Captain of Detectives Todd Christensen said Tuesday the sheriff's office is still working with out-of-state partners in making an identification match.

"The process didn't go as smoothly as we thought it would," he said.

In 1995, the body of a male, possibly 16 years old, was found along Turtle Creek outside Clinton in the Town of Bradford. The teen was not identified and has since been referred to as John Clinton Doe.

The sheriff's office had planned to review the case in May before the setbacks, according to Christensen.

"Some things were just not as conclusive as we had hoped," Christensen said, declining to comment on specifics of the case.

In February, the DNA Doe Project said it had tentatively identified the teen. The sheriff's office is working in conjunction with the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification.

When contacted Tuesday, DNA Doe Project Executive Director Margaret Press said the organization stood by its preliminary identification, but noted the sheriff's office needed to conduct an independent investigation into the case.

Press said the sheriff's office is still in the process of matching DNA from the 16-year-old with family members.

She added that identification through University of North Texas "takes many months."

A picture on the article of his reconstruction said "Submitted Photo New Look Investigations commissioned a sketch of a 16-year-old John Clinton Doe in order to submit to foster care homes." Is this a clue, that he was in the foster care system? The wording of the article (in bold) states 'the 16 year old', does this conform his age?

Thank you for posting that @aThousandYearsWide ! I just saw that article while looking up if there had been any news on this doe and came here to see if anyone posted it.

Am I understanding right that as far as law enforcement is concerned, he's still not technically identified yet? And that article was from August too. We could be looking at a much longer time still.

"Some things were just not as conclusive as we had hoped." I wonder what this means.

Well, at least this has prompted them to really forge ahead with this case.

Even if the ID is not confirmed (and I heed Carl's warning above in post #304), if the sibling's letter is even half true, that's really heart-breaking.

I would wonder why that person claimed the name would be released "in a few days" (as per his own post) when it sounds like LE has never been 100% confident. That is what makes me think it's not true. Unless he was never contacted by LE and only contact via DDP? MOO.

I would wonder why that person claimed the name would be released "in a few days" (as per his own post) when it sounds like LE has never been 100% confident. That is what makes me think it's not true. Unless he was never contacted by LE and only contact via DDP? MOO.
Pay no attention to that letter and the information in it, because it turned out to be a hoax. Margaret Press from the DDP also mentioned in a sub-comment that John Clinton Doe's name is not Henry.

I apologise for posting about the letter in the first place and causing all this. I guess the excitement about the then-recent ID of River Guy got the best of me :oops:

Thank you for posting that @aThousandYearsWide ! I just saw that article while looking up if there had been any news on this doe and came here to see if anyone posted it.

Am I understanding right that as far as law enforcement is concerned, he's still not technically identified yet? And that article was from August too. We could be looking at a much longer time still.

"Some things were just not as conclusive as we had hoped." I wonder what this means.

Well, at least this has prompted them to really forge ahead with this case.
You're welcome! I think with with a tentative identification the team has a DNA match linked to relatives through genealogy trees. To confirm they get a relatives DNA to compare and confirm. May be harder to confirm if the only living or willing to participate is a distant cousin or not direct sibling or parent. It mentioning they are also working with out of state partners which could also be slowing things down. I am no expert so don't take my word for it but that is what I am getting out of it. MOO

Like in Marlyse Honeychurch and her girls ID they were tentatively ID'd in fall 2018 but names released in summer 2019.

If the foster home comment in the pictures caption is an actual clue I can see it being more difficult working with his family if he was a foster child. Especially if he was born into foster care.

Was the confirmation of the boy not being named "Henry" on the DNADoeProject website?

I thought that Reddit comment was fishy at first but I didn't know. (Sorry, I'm new to this.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back