Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mossimo Gianulli is a southern California kid who attended USC but dropped out and never graduated..... hmmm
There is one video where Olivia says he took the money his parents gave him for tuition and pretended to go to college while using it to start his own business!

“He didn’t come from a lot, so it’s cool to see that he built it all himself,” the influencer shared. “He, like, built his whole entire brand and he wasn’t actually, like, I don’t know if I’m supposed to say this, ever enrolled in college.”

“But he, like, faked his way through it and then he started his whole business with tuition money that his parents thought was going to college,” she said. “That’s, like, such a different time. I don’t know if I was supposed to say that, but it’s OK.”

She also revealed that her parents had pushed her into attending the University of Southern California because neither of them had attended higher education.

“Mostly my parents wanted me to go because both of them didn’t go to college,” Olivia Jade said. “I’m so happy they made me go.”

“That sounds so terrible,” she backpedaled. “They didn’t make me. My sister goes to the same school and we are pretty much inseparable, so it was nice following in her footsteps in a little bit. I do like it.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/15/lori...de-said-father-faked-his-way-through-college/

So she commits a crime to make her crummy kids happy?

Now look what she's done to them. She's tainted their lives with the criminality of their parents. Both have been charged. Of course being billionaires they will get off scott free but her kids will always walk with that taint.

And she's exposed her kids as:

1. Mediocre and average and unable to get into college despite every academic advantage known to man since birth starting with the best prenatal nutrition and health care (which makes a difference to a developing mind). The best, stress free life from birth and from preschool on, money poured endlessly into their education.

Compared with what all the countless kids who don't have close to that butwho work so hard in school and study for tests with their parents or friends and simply persevere, fill out their own applications and get in, these kids from these families are losers. I'm sorry. And now everyone knows it. Way to make your kids happy!

2. They've also shone the spotlight on how vapid, entitled, ungrateful, superficial, spoiled and completely out of touch with the real world these creepy kids are.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted these yet. Olivia Jade for one has talked several times about how little she cares about education.

Start around 4:58. She's so gross:

Here's her barely sorry sorry video:

So spoiled. So narcissistic. All the rest of her videos are all about her and her partying and make up. Just gross. She makes money simply from being beautiful and rich. Trying on clothes (her "hauls"), applying makeup and just showing off how filthy rich she is.

And people love it. A million followers. Gross.

This wasn't for the happiness of the children. I'm quite sure it was for the further wealthy, powerful, and influential people associated with USC that could further the business interests of the two girls, as well as the business interests of the parents.

Olivia made it clear she really didn't care about going to school and if she did she'd prefer Arizona State just so she could party there. She isn't even pretending she wants to go into "fashion design" or "broadcasting", or "fashion merchandising" like some of these wealthy ingenues do. She knows her father is working behind the scenes to license her name and franchise her to major brands like Sephora, Treseme, Amazon and she just gets to play rich girl.

I think pushing the vapid Olivia to enroll in USC then allowing her to fly to Fiji the first week of classes tells me it was all for show and for the connections.

Last edited:
Of course being billionaires they will get off scott free but her kids will always walk with that taint.
BBM

No, Gitana: I think the point is that her parents want to be billionaires.

With the inexplicable valuation of Kylie Jenner's beauty product business at $1 BILLION, I think this family sees Olivia as the next Girl Internet Billionaire (c/o her parents who own the company).

Lori & Massimo are NOT billionaires. Their net worth is about $135 million. That's low level for the SoCal world they are in. I think all the major cast of Big Bang Theory are each worth more than that.

I think the Gianulli's are looking to make the Big connections to promote Olivia's vlog into the Billions, like Kylie. So they have to start getting her products out there in front of consumers : ie; the Palette that Sephora was selling, the Amazon videos. Then they have to have the big money connections to get backers to promote her. This is where the USC school connection comes in. Kris Jenner has been amazing and without scruples to go from promoting her favorite daughter in a sex tape to selling them in videos and product promotions - even the least motivated and least charismatic of her kids. And because she manages them, she is the ultimate success.

Lori and Massimo seem to be fully desirous of pandering their daughter out there for their own riches, too. Olivia seems easily pleased by the attention and the vapid playtime aspect of her useless vlog.

And don't for one minute think there aren't 1,000 other families out there trying to do exactly the same thing.

Last edited:
There is one video where Olivia says he took the money his parents gave him for tuition and pretended to go to college while using it to start his own business!

“He didn’t come from a lot, so it’s cool to see that he built it all himself,” the influencer shared. “He, like, built his whole entire brand and he wasn’t actually, like, I don’t know if I’m supposed to say this, ever enrolled in college.”

“But he, like, faked his way through it and then he started his whole business with tuition money that his parents thought was going to college,” she said. “That’s, like, such a different time. I don’t know if I was supposed to say that, but it’s OK.”

She also revealed that her parents had pushed her into attending the University of Southern California because neither of them had attended higher education.

“Mostly my parents wanted me to go because both of them didn’t go to college,” Olivia Jade said. “I’m so happy they made me go.”

“That sounds so terrible,” she backpedaled. “They didn’t make me. My sister goes to the same school and we are pretty much inseparable, so it was nice following in her footsteps in a little bit. I do like it.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/15/lori...de-said-father-faked-his-way-through-college/

Her father dropped out of USC in his third year. So he did attend college, he just didn't graduate.

If USC was in in it, they would just exercise their discretion as a private school and admit her.

It’s not surprising that she hangs out with Caruso’s daughter. These types of people will find each other in short order when they are at the same school. It’s completely possible that Caruso himself never met the Loughlin daughter.

I think USC simply looks the other way. Some admins likely suspected at least. Several coaches were indicted.

Last edited:
I had to go through community college first (which I loved) before transferring. I couldn't afford it otherwise.

I loved school. It was hard but I loved getting an education. Learning. Really looked up to my professors who were mostly so brilliant and even entertaining.

I remember a couple creepy girls somewhat like Olivia Jade mocking my earnestness. Laughing at me as if I was some teacher's pet kiss azz because I sat in the front and hung on every word of our professor who was brilliant and had so many interesting things to say. It felt like high school.

They sat languidly in the middle of class (because they had to be seen, and gossiped and twittered during class.

I worked during college. No spring break trips. Oh I partied with my friends when I could but college was serious and satisfying.

So all of this is astounding to me and disgusting. These people are disgusting.

"it's so hard to try in school when you don't care about anything you're learning"
Twitter
I know. I think that's why there is such a public disgust and backlash. It would be bad (and fraudulent) enough if they bribed and scammed to get into the hard to get into school of their dreams. Then put their heads down and went to class and took advantage of this amazing gift granted to them. (I don't in any way mean to imply that would be okay.) But there is this extra dig to this that the girl gets in, by pretending to be an elite rower (which is such a slap in the face to every dedicated, talent, hard working student athlete) and then does not give one f about being there. Just wants to tailgate and have the experience to party. The sense of entitlement is unreal.

And for the parents to go to these lengths like it was no big deal is eye-opening. It's like in their world you just pull out the checkbook and okay cool, this is the way you get your kid in. Done. Yay. The back of the car that brought Lori home from court had a Trojans license plate holder. o_O

I think they were obsessed with having the affluent, elite, attractive, perfect family image.

And then the other part that is just insane, and again why I think there is such backlash is that these are kids with EVERY opportunity and advantage right out of the gates. Money to pour into elite private schools, extracurricular activities, tutors, test prep, ability to take prestigious unpaid/low pay internships to boost their applications, recommendations letters written on their behalf by the Who's Who of USC/USA/World/Planet. Money donated. There is absolutely no excuse to resort to fraud. Like man, I'd almost understand it more coming from your average person's parent trying to give their kid half a chance up against these kids. (I wouldn't really, that wouldn't be okay either.) But these people doing it?? After all the resources they have? And then their kids don't even bother to study or show up to class. It's bad. And it resonates. You can get a lot of second chances in our culture, but this one really hit the wrong nerve.

BBM

No, Gitana: I think the point is that her parents want to be billionaires.

With the inexplicable valuation of Kylie Jenner's beauty product business at $1 BILLION, I think this family sees Olivia as the next Girl Internet Billionaire (c/o her parents who own the company).

Lori & Massimo are NOT billionaires. Their next worth is about $135 million. That's low level for the SoCal world they are in. I think all the major cast of Big Bang Theory are each worth more than that.

I think the Gianulli's are looking to make the Big connections to promote Olivia's vlog into the Billions, like Kylie. So they have to start getting her products out there in front of consumers : ie; the Palette that Sephora was selling, the Amazon videos. Then they have to have the big money connections to get backers to promote her. This is where the USC school connection comes in. Kris Jenner has been amazing and without scruples to go from promoting her favorite daughter in a sex tape to selling them in videos and product promotions - even the least motivated and least charismatic of her kids. And because she manages them, she is the ultimate success.

Lori and Massimo seem to be fully desirous of pandering their daughter out there for their own riches, too. Olivia seems easily pleased by the attention and the vapid playtime aspect of her useless vlog.

And don't for one minute think there aren't 1,000 other families out there trying to do exactly the same thing.

135 million means her kids never have to work a day in their lives. They don't need to grift their way into USC for her kids to make more money as "you tube influencers" or models.

I know. I think that's why there is such a public disgust and backlash. It would be bad (and fraudulent) enough if they bribed and scammed to get into the hard to get into school of their dreams. Then put their heads down and went to class and took advantage of this amazing gift granted to them. (I don't in any way mean to imply that would be okay.) But there is this extra dig to this that the girl gets in, by pretending to be an elite rower (which is such a slap in the face to every dedicated, talent, hard working student athlete) and then does not give one f about being there. Just wants to tailgate and have the experience to party. The sense of entitlement is unreal.

And for the parents to go to these lengths like it was no big deal is eye-opening. It's like in their world you just pull out the checkbook and okay cool, this is the way you get your kid in. Done. Yay. The back of the car that brought Lori home from court had a Trojans license plate holder. o_O

I think they were obsessed with having the affluent, elite, attractive, perfect family image.

And then the other part that is just insane, and again why I think there is such backlash is that these are kids with EVERY opportunity and advantage right out of the gates. Money to pour into elite private schools, extracurricular activities, tutors, test prep, ability to take prestigious unpaid/low pay internships to boost their applications, recommendations letters written on their behalf by the Who's Who of USC/USA/World/Planet. Money donated. There is absolutely no excuse to resort to fraud. Like man, I'd almost understand it more coming from your average person's parent trying to give their kid half a chance up against these kids. (I wouldn't really, that wouldn't be okay either.) But these people doing it?? After all the resources they have? And then their kids don't even bother to study or show up to class. It's bad. And it resonates. You can get a lot of second chances in our culture, but this one really hit the wrong nerve.

Yes!!! It's ridiculous. Great post. Sums it all up.

135 million means her kids never have to work a day in their lives. They don't need to grift their way into USC for her kids to make more money as "you tube influencers" or models.

Remember, the Gianulli's don't seem to have the resources to endow a major building - something like $20 million to endow to USC to get their kids enrolled. They have to do it like the rich-poor do: Fraud.

But its about the parents becoming billionaires. They cash in on her success.

You can never have too much money in Hollywood

This wasn't for the happiness of the children. I'm quite sure it was for the further wealthy, powerful, and influential people associated with USC that could further the business interests of the two girls, as well as the business interests of the parents.

Olivia made it clear she really didn't care about going to school and if she did she'd prefer Arizona State just so she could party there. She isn't even pretending she wants to go into "fashion design" or "broadcasting", or "fashion merchanidsing" like some of these wealthy ingenues do. She knows her father is working behind the scenes to license her name and franchise her to major brands like Sephora, Treseme, Amazon and she just gets to play rich girl.

I think pushing the vapid Olivia to enroll in USC then allowing her to fly to Fiji the first week of classes tells me it was all for show and for the connections.
You know, Lori Loughlin is quoted in so many interviews talking about her daughters in college that I swear I think this had to do as much with "image" than anything else. Social currency. Status to drop. The latest in thing to have. "Oh Olivia is going to USC. I'm so sad, it's so hard when your kids leave the nest for college." Fake cry. Blah blah blech. Real life desperate housewives.

And I actually do sadly feel like Lori Loughlin could end up as the next housewife on Bravo's Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. But who knows. She's pretty toxic right now.

I thought it was interesting that Felicity Huffman and her husband showed up at court again today looking pretty rough and channeling vagrants, I believe Page 6 called it. It's almost like they know to do the opposite of showing up looking polished, affluent, and arrogant. They are both pretty good actors. I'm sure they are distraught, but I'm so distrusting now I feel like they are being advised and it was intentional. Because today they had time to get ready. It's not like the feds - surprise! - showed up at their door again today with guns drawn. So this was the look they threw together. Am I wrong to not believe they were just too distressed to put brushes through their hair?

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/15/feli...089.975117333.1547771259-592266791.1547771259

What I meant was that she wasn't the one that started this. She certainly knew what was going on but i get the feeling she was just doing to it because mom and dad wanted her to.

Oh yeah. She said as much. She said on a radio show that her parents forced her to go to college.

https://theblast.com/lori-loughlin-daughter-olivia-jade-college-youtube/

(And look at how the interviewers kiss her azz so hard and tell her she's living a "real life" going to college where she simply filmed videos about the expensive dorm room furniture she bought and partying.

I can't take it.)

And I admit that she's getting the brunt of everything. The scapegoat if you will because she's so visible and we don't even know the names of the other creepy kids involved in this scandal. Except the Macys who don't appear to be "influencers" and Isabella, Olivia's sister who seems less visible a bit.

Who are the others?

You know, Lori Loughlin is quoted in so many interviews talking about her daughters in college that I swear I think this had to do as much with "image" than anything else. Social currency. Status to drop. The latest in thing to have. "Oh Olivia is going to USC. I'm so sad, it's so hard when your kids leave the nest for college." Fake cry. Blah blah blech. Real life desperate housewives.

And I actually do sadly feel like Lori Loughlin could end up as the next housewife on Bravo's Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. But who knows. She's pretty toxic right now.

I thought it was interesting that Felicity Huffman and her husband showed up at court again today looking pretty rough and channeling vagrants, I believe Page 6 called it. It's almost like they know to do the opposite of showing up looking polished, affluent, and arrogant. They are both pretty good actors. I'm sure they are distraught, but I'm so distrusting now I feel like they are being advised and it was intentional. Because today they had time to get ready. It's not like the feds - surprise! - showed up at their door again today with guns drawn. So this was the look they threw together. Am I wrong to not believe they were just too distressed to put brushes through their hair?

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/15/feli...089.975117333.1547771259-592266791.1547771259

I'm sure Felicity must have read the courtroom artist article that contrasted her look with Lori's and took it to heart. Looking more like remorseful mom than defiant Hollywood star.

Oh I doubt there was any tutoring after. Loughlin, for example, simply wanted her kids to have the collegr experience even though her kids herself weren't interested.

These are exceedingly wealthy people. Their kids had incredible private school educations. They had access to excellent tutors. All the money in the world for extracurricular activities like crew, diving, horseback riding, etc. Cost of which many families cannot afford but which look great on admissions applications.

And they could spend tens of thousands on expensive test prep.

And STILL with all that, they had to resort to criminal acvitity to get their kids into what's not close to even an Ivy League school.

The fact is, the kids weren't cut out for USC or any college. None of them. Because if after all that avvantage they still had to resort to criminal activity, these kids probably just aren't college material.

In the case of at least one -Olivia Jade- she was rarely there.

I believe they hired people to do the work for them. And they were probably fed answers for tests.

I mean Olivia Jade was on the 100 million dollar yacht of billionaire Rick Caruso, the elected chair of the USC Board of Trustees, when he scandal broke. She was partying with his daughter in the Bahamas for spring break when the scandal broke.

Olivia Jade & Her Friends Had To Literally Turn Their Yacht Around To Deal With The Cheating Scandal

The corruption involved in this is deep. None of these kids get through without more cheating I believe.
Ah, I just read your post. Yes! Same train of thought! How mediocre did these students have to be to not have a chance at these schools on their own. And to me, it's such a waste that it's hard to stomach. But whatever. Just make YouTube videos and hang out on a yacht. Whatever. But don't take an honest, hardworking kid's spot. Parents who are making every financial sacrifice, kids working multiple jobs. It's just wrong. You know, the check to the fake foundation and the tax write-off is bad enough. But these people didn't even blink that their "cover story" if asked by the IRS was that the donation was essentially for "education for underprivileged kids" - the very thing they were playing a role in denying.

Oh yeah. She said as much. She said on a radio show that her parents forced her to go to college.

https://theblast.com/lori-loughlin-daughter-olivia-jade-college-youtube/

(And look at how the interviewers kiss her azz so hard and tell her she's living a "real life" going to college where she simply filmed videos about the expensive dorm room furniture she bought and partying.

I can't take it.)

And I admit that she's getting the brunt of everything. The scapegoat if you will because she's so visible and we don't even know the names of the other creepy kids involved in this scandal. Except the Macys who don't appear to be "influencers" and Isabella, Olivia's sister who seems less visible a bit.

Who are the others?
Parents names are in this doc, one description after another of the frauds they committed:

Nationwide College Cheating Scam Complaint | University And College Admission | Test (Assessment)

edited to fix formatting

I had the same thoughts about their appearance. When you lose your trustworthiness, people don't trust you. Go figure.

jmo

The Huffmans of all people have a huge amount of gall, given their public statements about educational equality, which I'm all for. Suxh disgusting hypocrites using every ounce of their entitlement and privilege to get their very advantaged daughters into college via criminal acts?

This is the height of hypocrisy. And it's frankly evil when the person doing it preaches about justice and the needs of those society overlooks.

It's like a Christian preacher preaching about how people should live while screwing some dude in a motel room.

Remember, the Gianulli's don't seem to have the resources to endow a major building - something like $20 million to endow to USC to get their kids enrolled. They have to do it like the rich-poor do: Fraud.

But its about the parents becoming billionaires. They cash in on her success.

You can never have too much money in Hollywood

Being mediocre students at USC isn't going to do a damn thing for those girls' "careers". College is wholly irrelevant to ones popularity hawking makeup and clothing hauls and showing off their extreme wealth and privilege. She's famous because of all that (and her beauty).

None of her followers give one damn about college.

This is about prestige. At least in the case of these two girls.

But maybe in the case of other rich children who were admitted via fraud, it could be the case. Gives them an edge in business if they choose that route.

I think those of us that know some sort of famous people are astounded by things written about them.

I know of a fairly famous very rich artist who goes to foreign countries to have sex with teenagers. He gets away with it because he spends a ton of money.

He is lauded in the US as an environementalist.

A woman I know has written a book and was brought all over the world by the sponsor corporation. She is lauded as an environemental warrior and a terrific person. We who live here know the truth.

I have learned that the fake glowing reports are highly suspect.
Do you mind naming names ? Maybe I should know but I don’t. I’m asking because I’m really interested, not trying to be snarky, I promise! TIA, human . :)

Wow they are facing up to five years in jail. I can understand wanting to do everything you can to help your kids get ahead but that should not involve breaking the law. It will be interesting to see if Felicity gets any actual jail time I don’t know who the others are.

They're rich. They won't. Maybe a day at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase