UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence to you and i'm sure most people where you live are decent folk. I don't see it as normal for her to be allowed into a child friendly area in the community where (I assume), everybody knows her for her crimes. But that's just where I come from. I looked at the statistics for paedophiles and found an unusually high number of Rothesay residents convicted for child *advertiser censored* or similar offences. There will be others who haven't been caught. It was above the average for the size of the town. Sorry to ask but are there rumours of a paedophile ring over there?

She shouldn’t be anywhere near children and tbh, I really don’t see how it’s possible, she’s a convicted sex offender, who would have had to be on the register.Unless, she’s now off it.

Yes, that's what I thought too. And there are obviously other rumours too (which I know we can't discuss) which I'd imagine if there are any truth to them then social services would be involved.

Truthfully though, it says he was carrying a knife since 1st year? That's literally 12 years old. I know you can talk about uncontrollable children but I'd either get police involved myself or lock him in his bedroom and tell him he's not going outside again until he learns not to carry a weapon around because that is not normal. You should be able to discipline a pre-teen kid.

Ah right, yes that would make sense. I do agree but I think there would be a bit of an outrage if more money was spent on him, especially for emotional support.

I very much agree that support is very important for rehabilitation but many people would argue that he is beyond rehabilitation I suppose.

Yes l see what you mean and maybe he is, hopefully this will be determined and reflected in the sentence.

No offence to you and i'm sure most people where you live are decent folk. I don't see it as normal for her to be allowed into a child friendly area in the community where (I assume), everybody knows her for her crimes. But that's just where I come from. I looked at the statistics for paedophiles and found an unusually high number of Rothesay residents convicted for child *advertiser censored* or similar offences. There will be others who haven't been caught. It was above the average for the size of the town. Sorry to ask but are there rumours of a paedophile ring over there?

I don't take offense because I am shocked to find out about Zanythe and the dancing school too. I don't really understand how she was allowed to be involved in that. She did change her last name though so perhaps some people there didn't put 2 and 2 together because of that.

Yes there are rumours about a paedophile ring here...

I don't take offense because I am shocked to find out about Zanythe and the dancing school too. I don't really understand how she was allowed to be involved in that. She did change her last name though so perhaps some people there didn't put 2 and 2 together because of that.

I've heard and googled the paedophile ring rumours.

I thought the same. I hope that was misinterpreted and he didn't think of covering for him.

I hope so too. The father has played a very minor public role in all of this , so much so that it’s easy to forget A.C. even has one. I wonder if his mother discussed the cctv with him before she called the police? She told her best friend and summoned uncles around but nothing is really mentioned about the fathers input. If he’d asked her not to call the police, she certainly didn’t listen to him.

To be honest from what I've heard his father kind of scarpered and didn't want his name damaged by being associated with this whole thing. He left his wife and went off with his new(supposedly..) girlfriend immediately (this was reported in the media). So I am doubtful of how much he is/was supporting AC. He sounded more concerned with his own image. He has managed to keep his own name (except once) out of the papers about this and we only ever really read about his mum.

I think when Aaron spoke about the feeling of his father being absent he was probably telling the truth. Not that, that is remotely a justification for what he has done but I do believe he did have issues with his family life. A father being away for long periods of time, especially during important developmental stages in a person's life can have an impact on someone as they grow up, it also seems as if his father is a bit self-centred. His immediate reaction from what we know was "they're going to blame the dad" and since then he's done everything he can to stay out of the press and has ran off with another woman, leaving Aaron's mum to face the brunt of the backlash. Originally I thought he blamed Aaron's mum for phoning the police because it meant his son got arrested, but maybe it's because he didn't want his own reputation to get sullied.

Add into the mix Aaron's mum apparently having a drinking problem and you can see where issues arise. I think it's assumed he had a great life because he lived in a nice, middle-class home and seemed to be reasonably well off and fairly educated. But an absent father and an alcoholic mother isn't exactly the perfect family life. Having rambled on though, as I said, that's still never a justification for what he has done. People grow up in far worse conditions and still don't do these sorts of things. I just think he may not have had the idyllic family life the media has portrayed.

Depending on how heavily involved she is surely she needs to be DBS checked. I have just joined a committee for my daughter's pre-school and I have had to do a DBS and then an EY2 through Ofsted. They take months to go through and seem strenous in their checks.

I thought there were. It's an area of the case that has really bugged me.

I've heard and googled the paedophile ring rumours.

Me too. Theres not that much explicit info on the internet, but enough to make me cross it off as somewhere to visit that's for sure. I believe Georgina said had she known some of the stuff that subsequently came out about the area she would never have let Alesha go and stay there.

I hope so too. The father has played a very minor public role in all of this , so much so that it’s easy to forget A.C. even has one. I wonder if his mother discussed the cctv with him before she called the police? She told her best friend and summoned uncles around but nothing is really mentioned about the fathers input. If he’d asked her not to call the police, she certainly didn’t listen to him.
His father was away working on an oil rig when it happened so I doubt AC's mum contacted him to ask..it sounded like time was of the essence too. The person who asked her to check the cctv cameras would have wanted to know if she found anything..so she had to decide what to say/if to say....if she had lied then it could have incriminated her down the line if the police ended up finding some other reason to think it was AC and then discovered she'd lied about the camera footage. His mum said in the media that if she hadn't told the police about the footage then she would have just been waiting for them to knock at the door...which speaks volumes really.

Depending on how heavily involved she is surely she needs to be DBS checked. I have just joined a committee for my daughter's pre-school and I have had to do a DBS and then an EY2 through Ofsted. They take months to go through and seem strenous in their checks.

Yes she should otherwise they’re breaking the law. It would need to be enhanced. There is nowhere now that deals with children or vulnerable adults where you don’t have to be checked. I sometimes help out at my childs school and I’m one of only a few mums who can because I’m DBS checked for my job . Even if she’s now off the sex offenders register, her crime will still come up on any check. She’s got that mark for life. The only way around it ( worryingly so) is it’s ususlly left up to the discretion of the those who employ you , maybe she has very , good friends in that dance group ??

Yes l see what you mean and maybe he is, hopefully this will be determined and reflected in the sentence.

I would like to believe he could be. I would like to think that someone so young would be capable of changing and being able to admit what they did remorsefully and over the course of their lifetime have the chance to be rehabilitated. But then many people would question why he deserves that I guess, they would ask why someone who robbed a little girl of her life in the most brutal fashion should be allowed that luxury? So it's a hard one. But yes I'm interested to see the sentence tomorrow.

These checks will highlight any convictions, including spent convictions.

Where the system falls down is it does nothing for those people who have not been caught.

I would like to believe he could be. I would like to think that someone so young would be capable of changing and being able to admit what they did remorsefully and over the course of their lifetime have the chance to be rehabilitated. But then many people would question why he deserves that I guess, they would ask why someone who robbed a little girl of her life in the most brutal fashion should be allowed that luxury? So it's a hard one. But yes I'm interested to see the sentence tomorrow.

I’m a believer in rehabilitation, especially with the young but I just can’t see it here. Every thing about his crime is chilling. The actual act from abduction, rape and murder , the brutality , the continued lies and bragging show a very disturbed individual. He was , imo a potential serial killer starting out, and frighteningly, if he’d been born just a few decades earlier he’d have got away with it. Money will be spent on him and with the passage of time , maybe some small resemblance of remorse will surface. Personally, I think he’ll eventually go mad. He reminds me of Brady , given the chance he’ll play genie to the end .

I’m a believer in rehabilitation, especially with the young but I just can’t see it here. Every thing about his crime is chilling. The actual act from abduction, rape and murder , the brutality , the continued lies and bragging show a very disturbed individual. He was , imo a potential serial killer starting out, and frighteningly, if he’d been born just a few decades earlier he’d have got away with it. Money will be spent on him and with the passage of time , maybe some small resemblance of remorse will surface. Personally, I think he’ll eventually go mad. He reminds me of Brady , given the chance he’ll play genie to the end .

I don't think he will be either, but if he can at least admit his guilt it would be something.

Last edited:

Facilitation. Can't think of anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa