Madeleine McCann - Netflix documentary on this case

One thing I learnt from the programme, they discounted Jane Tanner’s sighting as being of another holiday maker with his daughter coming back from night creche.

But if you look where the night creche was in relation to where JT saw him, that’s not a direct route back from the creche.

I’ll see if I can find a map.

Hopefully you’ll see what I mean. The 2 circles are where the night creche was located and where JT saw the man. But the man was walking left to right across the road so that is not on the route back from the creche.

I also found some more info on the night creche and why the McCann’s perhaps chose not to use it.

Under 2’s could only be left if they were asleep. Also, it closed at 11.30 and we know that the Tapas crowd liked a later night than that.

Attachments

• 1D1D41B9-4F02-4019-9441-A6C6869C84BF.jpeg
    1D1D41B9-4F02-4019-9441-A6C6869C84BF.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 24
One thing I learnt from the programme, they discounted Jane Tanner’s sighting as being of another holiday maker with his daughter coming back from night creche.

But if you look where the night creche was in relation to where JT saw him, that’s not a direct route back from the creche.

I’ll see if I can find a map.

It's unlikely tanner saw the dad where she said she did because Jez Wilkins and Gerry were standing in that street and the dad would have had to go past them, yet neither saw him. Given how tanners ID of the man also evolved I think it's just completely unreliable.

The Met know where the dad walked from speaking to him

I've always suspected Tanner evolved her sighting in the pressure cooker of the situation, ultimately fingering Murat

Last edited:
Controversial Madeleine McCann documentary is coming to Netflix

It’s a bit of a weird scenario to be honest. One thing that struck me about this case was the closeness of the McCanns and the media. I’ve never seen a case where it was one way support behind the family and their mission to that extreme. No smear, no condemnation, no blame....just continued support and unrivalled access for over a decade. They have run negative stories on the Payne’s or the bulgers for example. Never this family who they have kept their private life private and continued to keep this case active and funded long beyond any other case in history.

Oddly the family have distanced themselves from this documentary and won’t be cooperating. The reason given by the family media spokesperson is that it’s a live investigation.

It would be interesting to see if the documentary offers anything new but this is a twelve year cold case and I feel (even without reading the 1000s of threads here) that everything that is going to be there is already there.

With regard to the first part about the McCanns and the media, I believe it was that way at first, but the media did turn on them at some point. There were mountains of newspapers and broadcasts trying to implicate them. I think at one point they even sued a newspaper. JMO

I have not finished the documentary but I thought the palm print on the window was Kate's. Did they later find out it was an officer's ? I am going to have to finish this tonight!

I have not finished the documentary but I thought the palm print on the window was Kate's. Did they later find out it was an officer's ? I am going to have to finish this tonight!

I believe there was a finger print found that was Kate's, but l can't remember the source / if it's in the documentary. The palm print is in the PJ files, again l don't think this is mentioned in the documentary.

I believe there was a finger print found that was Kate's, but l can't remember the source / if it's in the documentary. The palm print is in the PJ files, again l don't think this is mentioned in the documentary.

The palm print was mentioned in the documentary by that lead investigator. He said it was on the inside of the window implying that Kate opened the window with her palm. Now I am going to have read the PJ files!

You can definitely fit an almost four year old in a suitcase. We are packing now for a trip to Hawaii and my son climbed into the suitcase. He fits, with room to spare.

Regarding the comment that its not their job to be likeable, I didn't suggest that it was. It is certainly their choice not to be like-able. It is their job, however, not to leave their young children unattended.

Regarding the greasy smelly boogie man at the end of the documentary...was that a recount of events that occurred prior to Madeleine's stay? Perhaps due to the placement of that information at the end of the documentary, I thought it was after she had stayed there.

I if I am reading this correctly, the fingerprints on the inside window of the bedroom were Kate's but the fingerprints at the living room window where the officers.
P.J. POLICE FILES: FINGERPRINTS

Ahh yes that's right. Been a while since I read them. Definitely worth wading through! I forgot they didn't dust for fingerprints on the outside at the same time.

Yes, the man in the mask at the end was terrifying, especially when the girl rolled over and stared at him, frozen. Waking up to someone in my bed/room is one of my worst nightmares. I do not think that is what happened to Madeleine. The boogy man crawling into beds wasn't stealing kids. Not the same culprit, IMO.
I can't bear to watch any more of it, it was exhausting. CAn you explain more about a man in a mask. Where? Who? etc? thanks

Do you know if there were part time or also permanent residence in the two block buildings? Meaning those who are not tourists.

Other incidents in the area: Was Madeline McCann One of Many?

This is back from 2007 and a good account: Bridget O'Donnell on her time with Madeleine McCann in Portugal

^^ Above and last link I posted reminds me of the father bringing his daughter back from the crèche.

Just finished last episode and I wish I had one fully formed opinion. I don’t. Actually, I have many opinions, but they go back and forth. One thing I will state is reading a few articles and seeing picture of the beach, many children are without bathing suits. We all know it’s normal for European countries and most of us wouldn’t give it a second thought. But someone hanging around a kiddie camp or the area, would give it a 2nd thought. If it was an abduction, this was someone that was watching. Could be watching from another unit, from the beach, from the kiddie camp, local, etc.

I’m very curious who occupied those units that were not rented out for a holiday.

There were quite a few that were owner occupied, including the one above 5A. I get the impression that they were privately owned and rented to tourists though Mark Warner, who managed the facility.

Amazing anyone ever stayed at the ocean club what with all the burglars, pedos, gypsies, smelly tractor men, beggars, baby traffickers, general pervs and childless couples hanging around suspiciously

I've always wanted to make a collage of all the suspects the Daily Mail has foisted on us down the years

Have been lurking for a while. and lots of interesting discussion. I'm just going to come in from another angle - what if this was some type of set-up? a 'payment' if you like for another group from somewhere else in the world? drugging the children appears to be somewhat rampant amongst the tapas 7.....but it also seems like this was the prequel. maybe they were all dabbling in stuff that they shouldn't or had information that they shouldn't, but my spidey-senses are tingling and saying that this was all planned...for some reason...I feel that it was a set-up for some reason and the piper had to be paid

Amazing anyone ever stayed at the ocean club what with all the burglars, pedos, gypsies, smelly tractor men, beggars, baby traffickers, general pervs and childless couples hanging around suspiciously

I've always wanted to make a collage of all the suspects the Daily Mail has foisted on us down the years

Well funny you should mention that, but one of the nannies said it was thought to be so unsafe they were told not to go out at night by themselves. Will find a link to the DM article later...

From what l have seen though it doesn't look like a particularly nice place.

Madeleine McCann questions not answered...
renderTimingPixel.png

Why did the McCanns wash cuddle cat (Maddie's favorite toy that cadaver dogs hit on) As a mom, I would keep it with my daughter's scent.
Where is Gerrys blue tennis bag that he had hours before Maddie disappeared?
Why was the McCann rental car back door open all night according to neighbor(cadaver dogs hit there).
Has it been confirmed that a blanket from the room was missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back