CA CA - Wesley Billingsly, 24, San Diego, 12 Jun 2018

Jun 25, 2018
Mother Pleads for Help Finding Missing Son
Last seen by friends in Pacific Beach on June 12, 2018.

Around that time he was "couch surfing" at three friends' homes. One on Haines Street, another apartment on Diamond Street; and the other, on Grand Avenue.

“Something in my gut tells me something is wrong so we just started reaching out and calling people,” explained Christel, holding back tears.

No calls, texts, or social media posts have come from Wesley, something that Christel and his friends said is far from the norm.

His black Ford Expedition with California license plate 6HIN781 is also gone without a trace.

Aug 17, 2018
Mother Posts Flyers, Pleas for Information on Missing Son's Birthday
Christel said that her son graduated from San Diego State University in 2016 and moved back home to Sacramento for a short time before returning to San Diego. She said San Diego had become Wesley's home and is where his heart is.

Oct 30, 2018
$3,000 reward remains for information regarding missing SDSU alumnus
In an effort to continue spreading the word about Wesley’s disappearance, his mother recently created a Facebook page titled “Help Find Wesley Billingsly,” where people can find more information regarding his case.

He was supposed to meet up with friends on the evening of Tuesday, June 12 but did not show up, according to his mother. She said his phone had been turned off during that whole evening.

Last edited:
I see that his car was found. I wonder where they found it? My daughter went to college in San Diego, also from the Sacramento area and the same age as Wesley. I can’t imagine the heartache his mother feels right now :( PB is normally a safe area. Yes, lots of college kids and partying but my mother had a condo there and we always felt safe even walking the streets at midnight. Where are you Wesley???

On the find page on FB, they noted the car was found but no one is speaking to where, what condition etc.

It seems little info is being put out on him. Maybe thats because its important to the investigation or maybe some other reason?

I wish we knew more.

On the find page on FB, they noted the car was found but no one is speaking to where, what condition etc.

It seems little info is being put out on him. Maybe thats because its important to the investigation or maybe some other reason?

I wish we knew more.
It is noted in this article that the investigation is still active. I wish we knew more too.

$3,000 reward remains for information regarding missing SDSU alumnus
Wesley’s car, a Ford Expedition, was confirmed to have been found by the San Diego Police Department, but further details were being kept confidential as the investigation is still active.

Mom searches for son who disappeared in June

A mother from Sacramento is back in San Diego to search for her missing son, a San Diego State graduate who was living in Pacific Beach.

Wesley Billingsly was last heard from on June 12, 2018.
He was supposed to meet friends for dinner in Pacific Beach, but never showed up.

Since then, there has been no sign of him.

[...]

She is offering a $3,000 reward to anyone who helps bring her son home.

“I know somebody that's reading these posters knows where my son is,” she said. “They need to speak up and tell me where he is because this is enough, it's enough.”

Back in August, Christel Billingsley flew to San Diego from Sacramento and spent her son's 25th birthday searching for him.

Police located his vehicle in the South Bay but that has been the only trace of him.

After that Christel Billingsly made her way to Mexico to search for him.

“I went and met with the police in Mexico, I had a translator with me,” she said. “I went and filed a missing report,” she also checked morgues and jails.

[...]

Video @ link.

Police Find Truck of PB Man Missing for Nine Months

[...]

Christel Billingsly lives in Sacramento but returned to Pacific Beach after the San Diego Police Department found Wesley Billingsly’s black Ford Expedition abandoned on a city street in the South Bay.

Inside the truck, detectives discovered some of Wesley Billingsly’s personal belongings but the 25-year-old was nowhere to be found.

[...]

Video @ link.

Police Find Truck of PB Man Missing for Nine Months

[...]

Christel Billingsly lives in Sacramento but returned to Pacific Beach after the San Diego Police Department found Wesley Billingsly’s black Ford Expedition abandoned on a city street in the South Bay.

Inside the truck, detectives discovered some of Wesley Billingsly’s personal belongings but the 25-year-old was nowhere to be found.

[...]
Well, that answers one question but it sure doesn't give us much to go on.

South Bay includes Chula Vista, Coronado, Imperial Beach, and National City. Wish they would have narrowed it down some. South Bay (San Diego County) – Travel guide at Wikivoyage

Google Maps

MAR 20, 2019
Mom searches for son who disappeared in June

[...]

He was supposed to meet friends for dinner in Pacific Beach, but never showed up.

[...]

“He was here actively driving these streets, going to that Vons to get gas,” she said while standing in a Vons parking lot on Garnet Avenue. “And then he just disappears?”

[...]

She said her son had earned a degree in business administration and marketing from SDSU.

He moved back home to Sacramento briefly to work and save enough money to return to San Diego.

Once he returned, he was staying with different friends at homes in Pacific Beach as he looked for jobs.

Christel pays her son’s cellphone bill and said the phone stopped showing any activity once he disappeared. His social media sites also went silent.

San Diego Police tell 10News they have no updates on this case.

[...]

(Video of CB is one I had not seen in prior articles)

I assume they interviewed the friends.
Did he look to stay on couches of people who were not his friends? Like a couch surfing profile or craigslist?

I hate to ask but did he have a substance problem? Marijuana is legal in california so anyone over 21 can go into a store and buy it. Point being, for other drugs he would have to meet a dealer if so.

I assume they interviewed the friends.
Did he look to stay on couches of people who were not his friends? Like a couch surfing profile or craigslist?

I hate to ask but did he have a substance problem? Marijuana is legal in california so anyone over 21 can go into a store and buy it. Point being, for other drugs he would have to meet a dealer if so.
JMO, but it really doesn't sound like it to me. He earned his degree and was seeking employment. If it's true that he didn't show up to meet with friends, based on what we know at this point, I'd lean more toward something like a carjacking. MOO

JMO, but it really doesn't sound like it to me. He earned his degree and was seeking employment. If it's true that he didn't show up to meet with friends, based on what we know at this point, I'd lean more toward something like a carjacking. MOO

BBM. Having a degree is irrelevant. It was reported he was living by relying on being allowed to stay on friends couches. The article you posted said he went back to SAC to work and save money to go back to SD but didnt have enough for an apartment? Wouldn't shelter be the first thing a college educated person with sound mind look to get? It makes me suspicious that he went that route.

The fact his car was found with his items in it makes me rule out a car jacking that led to the disappearance. It doesnt add up to be a carjacking IMHO.

Im leaning towards he met with someone with the intention of staying on their couch or purchasing something and something happened.

BBM. Having a degree is irrelevant. It was reported he was living by relying on being allowed to stay on friends couches. The article you posted said he went back to SAC to work and save money to go back to SD but didnt have enough for an apartment? Wouldn't shelter be the first thing a college educated person with sound mind look to get? It makes me suspicious that he went that route.

The fact his car was found with his items in it makes me rule out a car jacking that led to the disappearance. It doesnt add up to be a carjacking IMHO.

Im leaning towards he met with someone with the intention of staying on their couch or purchasing something and something happened.
I know there are lots and lots of drug users with college degrees, so I'm not going to debate whether it's irrelevant or not. I understand what you're saying. But, just the fact that he was couch surfing while he was transitioning between college and a job isn't enough for me to accuse him of doing drugs.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back