CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how can he duplicate something where who knows if their heads were covered with something?
What if it was done in the tub with the head covered?
What if they were suffocated with plastic bags, thrown in the tub, and bludgeoned?
What if those coverings where totally covered with painter's tape?

Totally ridiculous.

That's like doing blood splatter for a gunshot to the head but a pillow was used against the head to muffle the blast.

Taking a huge leap. You can't duplicate something that you don't know the conditions and variables of.

All anyone knows for sure is that all 4 victims were repeatedly hit in the head with a sledge hammer.

This smells of desperation. IMO.
Yes exactly. No one knows the details of how these horrific murders happened only that they did. And desperation is right.

Was there not court Wednesday? Day 33 should be up if so, right?
RSBM from @cricket's post
Not sure about a video yet?
Day 32, Part 3 (Hearing Outside of Jury)... Wow! Just wow!

So now we know Heather or Michael McFadden might be called.

Also, apparently Patrick HAS BEEN subpoenaed. If they call him, I wonder what they want him to testify to?

M. McStay will most likely be called back to the stand.
Any of Summer's family?

DK?
DK's ex?

Hey!

Cricket said:
Upcoming Court Schedule:
Now - 3/26~ No Court
Wed. 3/27~ Court Afternoon Only
NO COURT: 3/21, 3/25, 3/26, 3/28, 4/1, 4/2
Wed. 4/3~ Court Morning Only

Not exactly - here's what I have:

Schedule for week of 3/25: NO COURT for jurors: March 25 (Monday), 26 (Tuesday). “Other” Hearing re Status of Subpoena duces tecum (Microsoft). March 27 (Wednesday) starts @ 1:30pm. NO COURT: 28th (Thursday), 29th (Friday), April 1 (Monday), 2 (Tuesday). April 3 (Wednesday)-Morning session only. Jurors informed they should have the case by end of April.

mothwings said:
Was there not court Wednesday? Day 33 should be up if so, right?

Wednesday 3/20/19: Judge and counsel only. I "think" there is an audio...

And how can he duplicate something where who knows if their heads were covered with something?
What if it was done in the tub with the head covered?
What if they were suffocated with plastic bags, thrown in the tub, and bludgeoned?
What if those coverings where totally covered with painter's tape?

Totally ridiculous.

That's like doing blood splatter for a gunshot to the head but a pillow was used against the head to muffle the blast.

Taking a huge leap. You can't duplicate something that you don't know the conditions and variables of.

All anyone knows for sure is that all 4 victims were repeatedly hit in the head with a sledge hammer.

This smells of desperation. IMO.
There are too many things that are too crazy about this experiment to even mention them all.

For starters he's hitting a wet sponge from the beginning, so that assumes the head is already bleeding profusely before he's struck the first blow.

Then there are no realistic dynamics, the sponge stays where it is, on top of the wood block, after the first blow. This person is not only already bleeding profusely before he's been hit, but his head doesn't move after the first hit, he doesn't fall down.

Then he's raising his arm way up behind him and over his own head after the first hit, obviously trying to create a spatter pattern on the white sheet behind him, but with a 3lb sledgehammer, for what efficient purpose if he's intending to keep hitting this person with the sponge head who hasn't fallen down?

He shoulda put a wig on the sponge I say.

And has Merritt told them he was on his knees?

And that bin behind him should have been a couple of inches more over to the left. Or should that be right? Oh yeah, we don't know because we don't know where he was kneeling in relation to the bin that's been positioned to catch the drips, or where his victims were when he struck them.

And why is he only doing this experiment last Sunday? Prep for a different trial perhaps?

Bring it on. :p

JMO

55453586_10213057970739012_660712325430378496_n.jpg

53850248_10213057970138997_3137732931263397888_n.jpg

BBM, But the difference being that family had that right and Merritt didn't.
I'm sure that there would of been financial records of those transactions somewhere, and SB was grilled about some of the monies that came out of JM's accounts. It seemed it was mostly for Joey's business to keep it going.
The family weren't the ones fraudulently taking money out because they had control of JM's money, and whatever that entailed.
It was CM writing himself cheques before and after the murders, and trying to delete the QB accounts, covering his tracks, not the family, and that is what investigators found had happened when they looked into it.
I'm not sure that they did have any legal right?

If there is any truth that he 'trained' the others that have already testified for the State... they might want to be careful about attacking him too much LOL

And yes, there was another lawyer there I think... I was confused at first, but haven't listened again so don't want to say 100% lol

I really do think it is just about privacy in regards to things that are 100% irrelevant to his work. If they allow his whole file in ... what stops them from doing that with any State employee? I can understand that their work records are fair game though.

If the state wants something known in his personnel file its specific and relevant to his work. Imo, it has nothing to do with medical records.

Could be he was written up for something he did that did not conform to protocol.

There may be several written reports in his personnel file for all we know about his work.

The state wouldnt want something to come in unless it reflects on his work history, and credibility.

Jmo

Last edited:
I think i predicted from the start that the defence's "elite witnesses" would turn out to be a farce

If he plans to come in dramatically crushing skulls of life like dummies with a sledgehammer all he is going to do is bring out how these victims were brutally killed. Or even if he shows video of him doing it.

Sounds like he may be a hot dog drama King.

I'm not sure that they did have any legal right?
I have not read otherwise have you?
SB is Joey's mother, and it was Joey's business. As i said that part of things is none of our business. Maybe Joey privately told his mother if anything should ever happen to him that he would like her and perhaps MM to take care of things? We don't know that, and it has IMO nothing to do with the McStay family murder because they are not on trial for murder.
CM is.

There are too many things that are too crazy about this experiment to even mention them all.

For starters he's hitting a wet sponge from the beginning, so that assumes the head is already bleeding profusely before he's struck the first blow.

Then there are no realistic dynamics, the sponge stays where it is, on top of the wood block, after the first blow. This person is not only already bleeding profusely before he's been hit, but his head doesn't move after the first hit, he doesn't fall down.

Then he's raising his arm way up behind him and over his own head after the first hit, obviously trying to create a spatter pattern on the white sheet behind him, but with a 3lb sledgehammer, for what efficient purpose if he's intending to keep hitting this person with the sponge head who hasn't fallen down?

He shoulda put a wig on the sponge I say.

And has Merritt told them he was on his knees?

And that bin behind him should have been a couple of inches more over to the left. Or should that be right? Oh yeah, we don't know because we don't know where he was kneeling in relation to the bin that's been positioned to catch the drips, or where his victims were when he struck them.

And why is he only doing this experiment last Sunday? Prep for a different trial perhaps?

Bring it on. :p

JMO

It's ridiculous. It's like the sponge is to represent the brain?

Ok put a brain is surrounded by a thick protective skull surrounding it plus head hair.

I haven't looked at each demo pic, but the one I did see doesn't have much pretend blood

I think this demo is junk. He would have to know exactly how the victims, and perp were positioned at the time to be able to do an reenactment.

Jmo

Ok put a brain is surrounded by a thick protective skull surrounding it plus head hair.

I haven't looked at each demo pic, but the one I did see doesn't have much pretend blood

I think this demo is junk. He would have to know exactly how the victims, and perp were positioned at the time to be able to do an reenactment.

Jmo
Agree, and the McStay family would of died from blunt force trauma as evidenced by the head injuries.
(quote)
Signs of Blunt Force Trauma
There are of course several different signs of blunt force trauma and they are:
Bruising
Abrasions
Lacerations

It is worth mentioning that the above do not always have to be present on the body of the victim of an attack to prove that blunt force trauma has been the root cause. This is because of the differences in the varying areas of the body relating to softness of tissue and mass of bone.

For example a person might be beaten or receive a heavy blow to the chest but may die as a result of a cardiac arrest or be beaten around the head where the skull casing can fracture and fragments make their way into the brain causing haemorrhaging. A blow to the abdomen - although inflicted in just the same heavy manner as a blow to the other mentioned parts of the body - may result in a ruptured spleen, which in itself can be fatal, if not treated.
Blunt force trauma can also be inflicted without a great many visual indicators. A great number of individuals who die from this condition do so because of the internal injuries they have received, which may result in nothing more than some exterior bruising.
Blunt Force Trauma

Last edited:
If he plans to come in dramatically crushing skulls of life like dummies with a sledgehammer all he is going to do is bring out how these victims were brutally killed. Or even if he shows video of him doing it.

Sounds like he may be a hot dog drama King.
Well i certainly hope he doesn't go there.

Agree, and the McStay family would of died from blunt force trauma as evidenced by the head injuries.
(quote)
Signs of Blunt Force Trauma
There are of course several different signs of blunt force trauma and they are:
Bruising
Abrasions
Lacerations

It is worth mentioning that the above do not always have to be present on the body of the victim of an attack to prove that blunt force trauma has been the root cause. This is because of the differences in the varying areas of the body relating to softness of tissue and mass of bone.

For example a person might be beaten or receive a heavy blow to the chest but may die as a result of a cardiac arrest or be beaten around the head where the skull casing can fracture and fragments make their way into the brain causing haemorrhaging. A blow to the abdomen - although inflicted in just the same heavy manner as a blow to the other mentioned parts of the body - may result in a ruptured spleen, which in itself can be fatal, if not treated.
Blunt force trauma can also be inflicted without a great many visual indicators. A great number of individuals who die from this condition do so because of the internal injuries they have received, which may result in nothing more than some exterior bruising.
Blunt Force Trauma

Thank you.

Yes the main injuries sustained causing death are often found within the brain, and brain cavity itself not outwardly.

Look at JBs skull injuries, but the ME only found it at the time of autopsy, when her hair, and scalp had been peeled back from her skull. Poor baby girl.

To me a reenactment should only happen when the full facts are known.

Such as where in the home or some other location where it happened, and the exactly position must be known of victim, and perp.

If not, it's just made up junk to me, and proves absolutely nothing of value. A total waste of time, imo.

I have not read otherwise have you?
SB is Joey's mother, and it was Joey's business. As i said that part of things is none of our business. Maybe Joey privately told his mother if anything should ever happen to him that he would like her and perhaps MM to take care of things? We don't know that, and it has IMO nothing to do with the McStay family murder because they are not on trial for murder.
CM is.

But it is important when motive given for the murders is greed.

The defense is entitled to show ( if true) that Chase wasn’t the only one taking money off the family. It doesn’t matter if it’s Joey’s brother or Mother it’s still theft when the family was maintaining they believed the family had simply gone on vacation.

That’s the problem when you get give the motive as greed then you have Dan and the family all supposedly taking money to keep the business afloat and yet it went belly up so what exactly was they doing with all this “money” they claimed was for the business.

Jmo

Lol! This is like a low rent, discount, 99 cent store, budget Faro Scan!

They are grasping at straws!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member