Found Deceased UK - Liam Smith, 16, Aberdeen, Scotland, 17 Nov 2018

Sadly we will probably get very little more information now as Scotland do not have a coroners court, cases just tend to drift away with no proper conclusion,
My sister was found in similar circumstances (Susan Reid, Tayport) I’m glad the family may get closure. Her cert stated ‘inconclusive’. After all this time they will never find a COD unless the poor soul was found hanged

Scottish person huggs!. I so remember trying to find out what happened to your sister.xx was finlaggan then had to change name as computer died then would not recognise me .So sad she was found near the ice house i believe.*advertiser censored*.I hope Susan got to see the sunset or sunrise. A picture that was put up by family *advertiser censored*

Sophia too.
My apologies for my ignorance but who are Steven and Sophia who are alluded to? I know obviously about Liam and Libby Squires and Alesha McPhai but I don’t know who the aforementioned are ? Can you elaborate pls? Many thanks

Sadly we will probably get very little more information now as Scotland do not have a coroners court, cases just tend to drift away with no proper conclusion,

In most cases such as this we never hear more unless the family speak about it, which is a shame as there is mitigating factors whenever someone chooses to end their lives. They are legally bound to do a FAI (fatal accident inquiry) for all deaths that were intentional but only if they were in custody / prison at the time.

The procurator fiscal however will sometimes put forward a FAI for circumstances that indicate suicide if it’s in the public interest.

This case has been at the heart of many all over the world so I’d like to think of anything a brief one may be published, if anything to bring awareness and highlight mental health issues in adolescents.

I haven’t seen anything confirming it was Liam yet, however for them to approach the family there must be indicators to suggest so (perhaps his backpack nearby etc)

My thoughts are with his loved ones & friends & the poor soul that came upon him, I do hope counselling & the like is available to them if they need it.

In most cases such as this we never hear more unless the family speak about it, which is a shame as there is mitigating factors whenever someone chooses to end their lives..

Why is it a shame? The general public are not entitled to know anything more than he was found. His family are going through a horrific time right now and people demanding all the details of the case is deeply insensitive imo.

If the family want to discuss what police believe happened that's fine but they absolutely should not be pressured by the public to give any further details.

I've followed this case from the beginning, something about Liam really touched me. The footage of him walking through the doors of the Union Square shopping centre had a melancholy feeling about it, the way he looks behind him when he goes through the door, the Christmas market in the background and the busy shopping centre bustling with people yet here was Liam setting off to find the solitude of the woods for reasons of his own - so very sad.

Thoughts and prayers with Liam's family and friends at this extremely upsetting time.

Why is it a shame? The general public are not entitled to know anything more than he was found. His family are going through a horrific time right now and people demanding all the details of the case is deeply insensitive imo.

If the family want to discuss what police believe happened that's fine but they absolutely should not be pressured by the public to give any further details.

No one is suggesting they have to give any details? Or feel pressured into anything however no information or details from the family were ever forthcoming and the general public did all they could by bringing awareness to his dissapearence, social media, posters etc but any questions from the public were deleted and blocked - so no they aren’t entitled to know anything however if for example he was being bullied I don’t see how highlighting that aspect as a contributing factor is detrimental to anyone? It raises awareness and could prevent similar happening in future.

It’s all conjecture because it’s not been confirmed as of yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back