Found Deceased NC - Bruce Puchel, 45, posted online video, Ernul, Craven County, 22 Mar 2019 *armed & dangerous*

cybervampira

Reaction score
Craven County Sheriff's Office

Missing/Endanger Person/ARMED and DANGEROUS

The Craven County Sheriff’s Office needs the public’s assistance in locating Bruce Allyn Puchel, 45, of 4420 US 17 Highway North Ernul, NC.

On March 22, 2019 Bruce Puchel posted a video online depicting him harming himself. He was last seen wearing a white dress shirt and red tie. He is considered armed and dangerous.

Anyone with information on Bruce Puchel whereabouts is asked to contact the Craven County Sheriff’s Office at 252-636-6620 or Craven County Communications at 252-633-2357.

upload_2019-3-22_23-23-0.png

Deputies searching for missing man considered armed and dangerous

Craven County Sheriff: Investigator shoots man refusing orders to comply

[QUOTE
he Craven County Sheriff's Office says a man they had been searching for considered to be armed and dangerous has been shot by an investigator with the sheriff's office when the man refused orders to comply.

Puchel+Bruce.jpg

Friday afternoon the Craven County Sheriff's Office received a report of a subject who posted a video online which appeared to show a suicide committed with a handgun.
][/QUOTE]

At approximately 5:11PM a 911 call was received stating that Puchel was seen in a wooded area of 4490 Highway 17 North Ernul.

Two investigators from the sheriff's office assisted by the Vanceboro Police Department responded and begin a search.

The officers encountered Puchel in the wooded area where they say he refused to comply with the officers commands and posed a threat of bodily harm to the officers. That's when an investigator with the sheriff's office fired his weapon to protect himself and fellow officers.
]

Craven County Sheriff's Office

Officer Involved Shooting

On March 22, 2019 at approximately 1:38PM the Craven County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a subject who posted a video online which appeared to show a suicide committed with a handgun.

The subject was known to law enforcement as having previously threatened suicide. Deputies and Investigators from the Sheriff’s Office begin a search at the subjects last known location on Saint Delight Church Road with the assistance of a K9 from the New Bern Police Department and the subject was not located.

The Sheriff’s Office issued a public release to be on the lookout for the subject believed to be armed and dangerous.

At approximately 5:11PM a 911 call was received stating the subject was seen in a wooded area of 4490 Highway 17 North Ernul, NC. Two investigators from the Sheriff’s Office assisted by the Vanceboro Police Department responded and begin a search.

The officers encountered the subject in the wooded area. The subject refused to comply with the officers commands and posed a threat of bodily harm to the officers. As a result of the subject’s action a Investigator with the Sheriff’s Office fired his weapon to protect himself and fellow officers.

The Sheriff’s Office requested that the State Bureau of Investigations investigate this shooting and we will cooperate fully.

Watching his gym videos and posts like this makes me think his diet and insomnia (maybe steroids) led to this:

Bruce Puchel
I'll tell you guys what my new eating habit has really got my body clock messed up! Fruit veggies an chicken breast an unsalted peanuts I eat 800 calories a day workout for two hours a night sleep an wake up every hour or so with so much energy. What can I do to fix this so I can sleep the whole night??

It’s like he was on speed.

Some lovesickness, too.

Bruce Puchel

I'm not understanding. How could he have posted a video of himself committing suicide and then been apprehended and shot by the investigator?
The wording is ”appeared to show a suicide“. I guess he pretended committing suicide somehow (maybe holding a gun to his head, pointing the camera down and shooting).

Did LE really have to shoot to kill?

What happened to shoot to disable him and cause him to drop his weapon?

I bet these officers did not have shoulder cams on. So, it’s only a one way version as to what happened.

NC LE are too anxious to shoot. It has been an ongoing problem for years!

Did LE really have to shoot to kill?

What happened to shoot to disable him and cause him to drop his weapon?

I bet these officers did not have shoulder cams on. So, it’s only a one way version as to what happened.

NC LE are too anxious to shoot. It has been an ongoing problem for years!
When a person mentions "shooting to wound" they often mean to shoot someone in the arm, leg shoulder or other non-fatal location. After all, they just want the person to stop their aggressive behavior, remove the threat, and not KILL them. Right? That makes sense on the surface, but I want to point out that there are some important things to consider.

During an event when the life is, or is perceived as being, mortally threatened, the body enters fight or flight mode. The brain dumps chemicals including adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol into the body to prepare itself to survive. The downside, these same substances that increase our alertness and strength and endurance also decrease our reaction time. Why? Blood is diverted from our extremities and from the surface of the skin to decrease bleeding if we were to be injured. Functions not necessary for survival including digestion are slowed or completely shut down. (I personally believe my metabolism entered the fight or flight mode at age 30 but that's another post).

That, in turn, greatly diminishes our fine motor skills, tunnel vision may occur, as a response to the chemicals being released into the body. In this state, some people have lost the ability to unlock doors, operate phones, or other actions that require fine motor skills. Being accurate with a handgun is exceedingly difficult, and under those conditions that ability is greatly reduced. The military and law enforcement teach that when adrenalin dump occurs the training takes over. Is your training up to speed? For in that state, even the best of shooters, including trained LEO, may not be able to get that one shot to the shoulder, hand, arm or elsewhere. If you miss, the guy with the gun is going to be shooting YOU.

With the exception of a brain shot, most shots do not kill instantly. Man, like any other animal, must follow the dictates of nature and expire from lack of oxygen to the brain. How is this going to happen? First is your basic circulatory collapse, either a complete failure of the heart that stops the flow of oxygenated blood to the brain or bleeding out. Or second, they can die from loss of functioning of the lungs, i.e. the lungs fill with blood or the airways are disrupted to the point that they cannot support the flow of air through them. When the lungs quit replenishing the oxygen in the blood what little you have left in oxygen stores is soon gone and the brain shuts down.

But unlike TV, this does not happen instantly, and depending on where your shot went and how determined or high on drugs your attacker is, they might reach you before you find out.

He is a RSO from when he was 17. May be immaterial, but it does list his tattoos.

North Carolina Offender Registry
As well as aliases. :eek:

Alias Names:
DID,BRUCE
DIDATO,BREC AM
DIDATO,BRICE
DIDATO,BRUCE
DIDATO,BRUCE A
POUCHEL,BRUCE
POUCHEL,BRUCE A
PUCHEL,BREC AM
PUCHEL,BRUCE
PUCHEL,BRUCE A
PUCHEL,BRUCE ALYN
PUCHELL,BRUCE
PUCHELL,BRUCE A
TREVOR,BRYAN
WILCOX,BRUCE TONY

The Wilcox alias is mentioned in this article from 2003.

Arrests made for fraud, drug sales

[...]

Windham County State's Attorney Dan Davis said Bruce A. Puchel, 29, also known as Bruce Wilcox, was arraigned on six charges including felony sale of cocaine, possession of stolen property and of fireworks, misdemeanor unlawful mischief, and providing false information to a police officer. Murano, called "the main boss" by Murano, is being held at the Rutland jail on $10,000 bond. Murano said there likely will be more charges against Puchel including grand larceny and aiding in the commission of a felony. Sandra L. Puchel, 58, Bruce Puchel's mother, was charged with conspiracy to dispense a drug.

[...]

The arrests were made after police set up a crack cocaine purchase, and ended up arresting Sandra Puchel, Murano said, "The mother was caught trying to make a sale," Murano said. "The son sent her over to make the sale." The sheriff's deputy said he believes the suspects stole the credit cards, used them to purchase items that they later sold at pawn shops, then used the cash to buy drugs in Connecticut to sell farther north, including in Vermont.

[...]

It's confirmed he has died after the shooting.

A local man faked his suicide on Facebook, hours later he died in an officer involved shooting

ERNUL— A man who posted a faked video of himself committing suicide Friday afternoon was later killed in a confrontation with sheriff’s deputies.

The Craven County Sheriff’s Office received a call at 1:38 p.m. Friday that Bruce Puchel, 45, of 4420 US 17 North, Ernul, had posted the video that appeared to show him committing suicide with a handgun.

Puchel was known by the sheriff’s department for other threats to commit suicide.

Investigators and deputies arrived at Puchel’s last known location along Saints Delight Road, to search for him. A K9 from the New Bern police also assisted.

When he could not be found, the sheriff’s office issued a public request to help locating him at 4:57 p.m. stating that “he was last seen wearing a white dress shirt and a tie. He is considered armed and dangerous.”

The office received a call within 15 minutes stating Puchel had been sited in a wooded aerea of 4490 Highway 17 in Ernul. Two investigators were dispatched and met Vanceboro police at the scene. They soon encountered Puchel in the woods.

“The subject refused to comply with the officers,” a statement from the sheriff’s office reported, “and posed a threat of bodily harm to the officers. As a result of the subject’s action a(n) investigator with the Sheriff’s Office fired his weapon to protect himself and his fellow officers.”

Suicidal man who was killed gave store clerk letter

ERNUL, Craven County — The State Bureau of Investigation is looking into an officer-involved shooting involving a Craven County Sheriff's Office deputy.

Authorities have identified the man killed in the shooting as 45-year-old Bruce Puchel of Ernul. NewsChannel 12 has also learned Puchel wrote a letter before he died and gave it to Mallard Food Stops convenience store clerk Jennifer Taylor.

"I never would have expected this," Taylor said.

Taylor said she never expected to be a part of Friday night's officer-involved shooing, but that was the situation she found herself in after receiving the letter. At the time she got it she said she didn't think much of it.

"I wasn't aware of everything that was going on. I just thought it was a letter," said Taylor.

Taylor didn't open the letter, and didn't think about it until she heard about the shooting. Taylor approached NewsChannel 12 reporter Tyler Hardin and told him what she had. Hardin did not open the letter but instead called the sheriff's office. Within minutes, deputies arrived and spoke with Taylor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back