CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still totally believe Ben saddled up and went out for a ride, whether trailered or rode out on his own. I cannot picture someone taking the chance/risk of saddling Ben's Horse Gunny and being seen leaving the ranch with him to "stage" that Ben rode out. Too much risk involved. I also don't think it would be cattle rustlers. I live in a major cow town, ranches galore. Rustlers work at night, never heard of one working by day. Ranchers actually pay for people to patrol (civilian patrol) to protect their pastures as they have thousands of acres here some you would not believe the size of. The word "targeted" makes me think he ruffled someones feathers, whether it be having to do with work/the ranch, someone in town, or a love interests ex and jealousy, we can only guess. I hope they catch the person an justice is served. I also hope they allow Ben to be found for his family's sake so he can be put to rest properly. I feel sick thinking about this as this one has been stuck in my craw, I cannot stop checking back with hope that he is found. As usual, my thoughts are with Ben, his family and friends who love him. I was so convinced it was an accident, but now sadly it sounds like something horrible happened to this wonderful cowboy. So very very sad for all. IMHO

Too many links to post, but look up Cattle Rustling at night. You will see almost all Rustling activity goes on at night. I wonder if Ben had a girlfriend, female friend and was she married or recently divorced or broken off from a boyfriend. I also cannot stop thinking about the church burning. Anyone else think that the church burning might have something to do with this? One other question, is it hunting season, or was it hunting season when Ben disappeared? Could it have been a hunting accident and the person is trying to hide it? My wheels just keep turning on this one. Or it could have been someone poaching, and an accident or on purpose depending on the poacher. IMHO

I still totally believe Ben saddled up and went out for a ride, whether trailered or rode out on his own. I cannot picture someone taking the chance/risk of saddling Ben's Horse Gunny and being seen leaving the ranch with him to "stage" that Ben rode out. Too much risk involved. I also don't think it would be cattle rustlers. I live in a major cow town, ranches galore. Rustlers work at night, never heard of one working by day. Ranchers actually pay for people to patrol (civilian patrol) to protect their pastures as they have thousands of acres here some you would not believe the size of. The word "targeted" makes me think he ruffled someones feathers, whether it be having to do with work/the ranch, someone in town, or a love interests ex and jealousy, we can only guess. I hope they catch the person an justice is served. I also hope they allow Ben to be found for his family's sake so he can be put to rest properly. I feel sick thinking about this as this one has been stuck in my craw, I cannot stop checking back with hope that he is found. As usual, my thoughts are with Ben, his family and friends who love him. I was so convinced it was an accident, but now sadly it sounds like something horrible happened to this wonderful cowboy. So very very sad for all. IMHO

If you can locate pics of Ben’s house, you can see how easily someone with a beef could have committed a criminal act & accessed Gunny.
Now, I don’t for one moment think it was a stranger targeting Ben.....just saying. The perp’ obviously knew the territory, imo.
Also no tracks indicating Ben or anyone rode horse off Ben’s residence. Info on first thread, iirc.

Too many links to post, but look up Cattle Rustling at night. You will see almost all Rustling activity goes on at night. I wonder if Ben had a girlfriend, female friend and was she married or recently divorced or broken off from a boyfriend. I also cannot stop thinking about the church burning. Anyone else think that the church burning might have something to do with this? One other question, is it hunting season, or was it hunting season when Ben disappeared? Could it have been a hunting accident and the person is trying to hide it? My wheels just keep turning on this one. Or it could have been someone poaching, and an accident or on purpose depending on the poacher. IMHO

I don’t think there was any rustling going on.

Well we know Gunny was found out there, so someone had to have ridden him out from the residence. There had to have been tracks or Gunny would have been found in his corral or stall. Now I am confused. How was there not tracks and yet Gunny was found out by a logging road....That makes no sense unless they trailered him in which case there would be tire tracks. What do you think the purpose of saddling Gunny and staging it would there be? I am curious as to your gut feeling, your opinion? Thank you in advance.

I’m sure many tire tracks were found in the area.
My gut tells me this was a personnel issue, someone was not pleased Ben was brought on as manager.
Speculation only.
I interpret “targeted” as someone sought Ben out for a reason, not Ben catching a rustler stealing a cow.
Jmo and all that jazz.

Nielsen says Coquihalla Development (listed president/chairman: Liou Jieh-Jow) and its sister companies have 1,121 properties (and counting) and has just picked up the 1,004 acre Nicola Ranch. (Nielsen also ...
An Urban Guide to Investing in Land - Welcome to NIHO Land & Cattle Company Ltd.

The parent company of NR is a rather large operation.
Very surprising (to me) they never offered a reward or commented publicly.

Well we know Gunny was found out there, so someone had to have ridden him out from the residence. There had to have been tracks or Gunny would have been found in his corral or stall. Now I am confused. How was there not tracks and yet Gunny was found out by a logging road....That makes no sense unless they trailered him in which case there would be tire tracks. What do you think the purpose of saddling Gunny and staging it would there be? I am curious as to your gut feeling, your opinion? Thank you in advance.

Moo—if I killed a cowboy, I’d prefer to stage his horse. It would create doubt & buy time.
It’s so beyond far fetched the first time Ben rides w/o his phone or w/o advising his staff of his intentions, he goes missing. I mean, what rotten luck.
IMO, Ben likely died Saturday afternoon/evening.
All speculation & moo.

Moo—if I killed a cowboy, I’d prefer to stage his horse. It would create doubt & buy time.
It’s so beyond far fetched the first time Ben rides w/o his phone or w/o advising his staff of his intentions, he goes missing. I mean, what rotten luck.
IMO, Ben likely died Saturday afternoon/evening.
All speculation & moo.

Yes the staging of his riderless horse put focus onto Ben being on foot, possibly injured somewhere alone out in the wilderness. It intentionally brought forward other false possibilities such as self-harm and attack by wild animals in order to divert attention away from when and where was the last time he was present amongst one or more other persons.

“Initially, there was nothing that was definitive in determining that it was criminally related — just out of character. But now, after putting all the pieces of the puzzle together … the investigators in the Southeast District can now say that they believe that Mr. Tyner did not go missing of his own volition. It is suspicious and likely, there’s some criminality related to his disappearance.”

^^^^this is a powerful statement (from previously linked article). ‘Out of character’. His family knew he did not simply ride off (as someone probably told LE) w/o notifying anyone & w/o his phone.

Yes the staging of his riderless horse put focus onto Ben being on foot, possibly injured somewhere alone out in the wilderness. It intentionally brought forward other false possibilities such as self-harm and attack by wild animals in order to divert attention away from the last time he was amongst one or more other persons.

Absolutely!
Again, limited persons had access to Ben’s horse/tack.
Sadly, I think this is all related to Ben’s job. Moo, etc!

Another thing I recently thought of, a lot of times, after what seems a lengthy period of time, someone will come forward with a tip. Maybe theybwish to not be involved at the onset, think their info unimportant, fearful of LE or......, ?? So, I don’t discount the last puzzle piece coming in.

Yes the staging of his riderless horse put focus onto Ben being on foot, possibly injured somewhere alone out in the wilderness. It intentionally brought forward other false possibilities such as self-harm and attack by wild animals in order to divert attention away from when and where was the last time he was present amongst one or more other persons.
And staging the horse by dropping her out there somewhere corresponds with the statement from whomever that Ben was last seen riding his horse from the ranch on Saturday. If we (and LE) are to believe this is what he was doing the last time he was seen, then of course his horse has to be found out there. Specifically in the area where is was said he was searching for lost cattle. JMO IMO. Etc

And staging the horse by dropping her out there somewhere corresponds with the statement from whomever that Ben was last seen riding his horse from the ranch on Saturday. If we (and LE) are to believe this is what he was doing the last time he was seen, then of course his horse has to be found out there. Specifically in the area where is was said he was searching for lost cattle. JMO IMO. Etc

Absolutely true!
IMO, LE do not believe he was seen riding or they would not be asking for video of trailers. They’re dealing with a liar in a ‘cya’ situation, imo.

I think we can assume a ranch employee reported seeing Ben riding. A stranger would not know who was riding, if they passed a horse, imo. When Gunny was first found, it took time to determine who she belonged to. Obviously the area is saturated with ranches/horses/cowboys.

What if an employee/someone rode with Ben in his truck and trailer with the horse to where ever Ben was to get out of his truck with his horse? The employee could have killed Ben, let the horse loose and then drove the truck and empty trailer back to Ben's house with no one the wiser. I wonder if they checked Ben's truck and trailer for fingerprints and the position of the seat, mirror or steering wheel?

What if an employee/someone rode with Ben in his truck and trailer with the horse to where ever Ben was to get out of his truck with his horse? The employee could have killed Ben, let the horse loose and then drove the truck and empty trailer back to Ben's house with no one the wiser. I wonder if they checked Ben's truck and trailer for fingerprints and the position of the seat, mirror or steering wheel?

Good point! 300,000 acres to dispose of a body.
The ranch also owns many vehicles/trailers, imo.
I think Ben met his fate at his home/yard, that he never left alive. His phone was reportedly found in his house.
Was it placed back in his house or had he walked out without it? If Ben IS dead, as in murdered, the perp had access to his keys, phone, vehicles, house, etc.
The world lost a good cowboy, a good man, hopefully his family get answers.
All moo

I’d be certain the RCMP have checked out Ben’s truck and trailer as well as his residence. I think they must’ve suspected criminal involvement very early on considering nobody reported
Ben missing until his riderless horse was found Monday, Jan 28th.

In a typical scenario, any person dropping Ben off in the truck and trailer would’ve become concerned when he didn’t return that same evening. Ben not having his cellphone with him is another huge red flag. A very suspicious scenario in a missing persons case IMO.

I’d be certain the RCMP have checked out Ben’s truck and trailer as well as his residence. I think they must’ve suspected criminal involvement very early on considering nobody reported
Ben missing until his riderless horse was found Monday, Jan 28th.

In a typical scenario, any person dropping Ben off in the truck and trailer would’ve become concerned when he didn’t return that same evening. Ben not having his cellphone with him is another huge red flag. A very suspicious scenario in a missing persons case IMO.

I think the same, Misty!
But, living on a ranch means keys to his house are readily available to others at NR. In my neck of the woods, farm hands come & go, locks are never changed, etc.,
if anyone entered Ben’s house, would it have been noticed or even assumed they were invited?
I still am of the belief Jack was able to fill RCMP in on things Ben likely shared with him. Moo

I think the same, Misty!
But, living on a ranch means keys to his house are readily available to others at NR. In my neck of the woods, farm hands come & go, locks are never changed, etc.,
if anyone entered Ben’s house, would it have been noticed or even assumed they were invited?
I still am of the belief Jack was able to fill RCMP in on things Ben likely shared with him. Moo

Yeah it depends what transpired, what was the criminal act and what was the motive.

I’m thinking more along the lines of LE might be on the alert for a bloody crime scene that was cleaned up. If a fight was involved, if Ben had an opportunity to defend himself, he appeared to be the sort of guy who wouldn’t go down easily. Saturday night, where and what was happening that Saturday night is my question because I think the answer holds the key.

It would be nice to imagine Ben marked the killer with bruises and LE is just finalizing the file prior to announcement of an arrest. It’s always easier to convict after the body has been found but it’s possible to proceed without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500