Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, there something that's been niggling at me slightly - sorry in advance if it's already been answered. Why would Libby ask PR to drive her home if she didn't have keys (as per his sister's claim that he entered her address into his sat nav)? As in, how could PR have coaxed her into giving her address if she knew she couldn't get into her house? Then again, I suppose it wouldn't have been very hard for him to get it out of her, given that the poor girl was so intoxicated and confused.
It’s an assumption she didn’t have keys- she may have been too drunk to navigate the locks and gave up. I’ve cleaned at a few student houses and it was two keys to get into hallway and one more for the room. Wasn’t easy when sober doing double locks on a door , let alone drunk. In fact more than once staff left the property unclean citing they couldn’t get in.

Yeah if he could his hands on a bike it could be him but whoever it is , does look very suspect cycling back and forth at that hour

Sometimes in student town there are a lot of drug dealers who will cycle/drive to your house to deliver. They wouldn’t want to be questioned by police for obvious reasons. He could have been delivering to someone near Beverley road as a lot of students live there

According to Google Maps. It's a 6-minute bike ride from Oak Road Playing Fields to Raglan Street.

But I doubt he used a bike when he had a car.

Thanks mate, I’m gonna get some sleep and come back with a refreshed detective mind. I’ve dropped a clanger with missing these timings. My theory had more holes than Swiss cheese! :D Goodnight gang.

This may or may not already have been mentioned, but based on the Haworth Street footage and the time on the camera I have determined the following:
PR(?) unlocks his car and smokes a cigarette by it. He then leaves it again at 00:05:20 and walks towards Beverley Road where the bench is.
He returns with (possibly) LS at 00:06:54 - 94 seconds after he left.
Based on the average walking speed of an adult male, 1.4 m/s, it would have taken about 20 seconds to walk from the car to the bench where LS was last seen.
If we assume it took the same length of time to walk back to the car, we can work out that he would have been at the bench, with LS, for a maximum of 54 seconds.

Now is it possible to persuade a heavily drunk girl to get in a car with you in just 54 seconds? Possibly. Possibly not.

This is of course assuming that he definitely walked to the bench (we don't know that for sure), that he walks at average speed and that he didn't cross Beverley Road to the shops or walk further down the street.

I've been doing some measurements on Google Maps and have worked out the furthest possible distances he could have travelled on a number of different routes from his car.

Also does anyone know where this CCTV of LS actually on the bench is? I've heard loads about it but haven't actually been able to find it - maybe HumbPol haven't made it public? There are bus lane cameras down Beverley Road so it could be from them. If they have ANPR on them which they more than likely do they could be used to determine the owner of the suspect vehicle assuming it drove towards Oak Road Playing Fields.

Also from my own observations on StreetView of the bench area, there are no street lights on that side of the road and with the overhanging trees the area would likely have been very dark or poorly lit at the time, not to mention the weather at the time was cloudy/overcast and the moon was in a waning crescent phase.

Attachments

• maxdistances.jpg
    maxdistances.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 29
@Audiohoney i know I’ve banged on about it a few times but watching a documentary series I linked on sky (finished it last week) on the east area rapist/original night stalker - Joseph James Deangelo is eye opening. Prolific. How he had time to brush his teeth i do not know, he was a cop for a part of his spree too ! Still on sky now to watch

@Audiohoney i know I’ve banged on about it a few times but watching a documentary series I linked on sky (finished it last week) on the east area rapist/original night stalker - Joseph James Deangelo is eye opening. Prolific. How he had time to brush his teeth i do not know, he was a cop for a part of his spree too ! Still on sky now to watch

What’s it called, please? I listened to a podcast on this, very interesting.

I think PR probably has enough going on with his willy wanging and working 12 hours shifts.
I'm wondering when he sleeps. (slept)

Unless you opt out or are in certain jobs, the Working Time Directive states workers can do no more than an average 48 hours per week over 16 weeks (not sure on the no of weeks, definite on the hours because I was in a job that was an exception to the Directive).

I dont think he was that clever. Do you know that he wasnt caught inside anyones house? Perhaps by a woman who wouldnt have apprehended him had she returned home to find him standing at the top of her stairs?

I have wondered whether he had a weekend job or worked for a friend cash in hand as a window cleaner which would give great opportunities to get access to properties and see many things!

Unless you opt out or are in certain jobs, the Working Time Directive states workers can do no more than an average 48 hours per week over 16 weeks (not sure on the no of weeks, definite on the hours because I was in a job that was an exception to the Directive).

I’d suggest with 2 small children, likely on quite a low wage he was working as many hours as possible. I think that’s quite usual for factory workers and every polish person I’ve had dealings with are exceptionally hard workers, putting in hours and hours.
I obviously don’t know in PR’s set up but many often send money home to the family too. Hence the hours.

I thought the opposite. It made more inclined to think it was possible since her body might not be at the surface the whole time.

Since the beginning of this case I assumed she somehow ended up in the water near Oak Roads playing fields but I was surprised when I found out where she was found. I suppose I didn’t think she could have travelled so far.

Then again that is what rivers do, they move materials. It’s not an especially wide river but maybe the flow is very strong sometimes as the tide goes out and after heavy rain. Also I thought a body would get caught at the meanders or be spotted during low tide.

Maybe she travelled quite far downstream that night, and then sank early that morning. And the search wasn’t focused on where she was the first few days because nobody knew what had happened at the beginning of the investigation...

So the thing about storing the stuff he allegedly robbed in the boot, it makes sense especially if he hid them under the mat next to the spare tyre. But how would the police know unless they found them there? If he did what he did, would he be dumb enough to leave them in the boot and not dispose of them quick smart? Or did he freeze or think it was too risky to try and chuck them? This is all assuming the boot stuff is right, but the 4 theories mentioned by Paddy did seem to make sense in light of what we do know.

I followed the river Hull all the way down from the park to the estuary yet again last night on maps ..
If Libby entered in the park (I do feel it’s more likely) I think it’s absolutely extraordinary and such a sad case of bad luck that no one spotted her - it runs right through the middle of Hull ;(

Depends on how fast flowing and deep the River hull is; in theory she could have taken only a few hours to reach the Humber, or a few weeks.

Also, the water would have been cold, which would have slowed down the decomposition process, or so I read.

I’d suggest with 2 small children, likely on quite a low wage he was working as many hours as possible. I think that’s quite usual for factory workers and every polish person I’ve had dealings with are exceptionally hard workers, putting in hours and hours.
I obviously don’t know in PR’s set up but many often send money home to the family too. Hence the hours.

Maybe, but not necessarily at Karro as (a) they have a duty of care when people are working travelling in one shifts, especially at unsociable hours, so not allowed extra and (b) they may not have wanted to pay the associated wages.

I wondered if he had stopped at the traffic lights on the opposite side of the road and had a full view of her conversation with GB, may even have seen him drive off. Then, like you say, a quick right turn at the junction and round to Haworth for a closer look.

Would have been very difficult to just spot her by chance.

The bench area is unlit - I could find no street lights nearby that would have illuminated the bench. The weather was cloudy/overcast and the moon was a waning crescent that night (if the moon could have made any difference anyway).
LS was wearing a black miniskirt and black leather jacket - her legs and face would have been visible but that depends on how she was sat, unless PR saw GB talking to her and that was what drew his attention to her in the first place.

Regards the googling of ways to dispose of a body theory ..imo this screams an opportunistic event . .I'd more expect to find internet searches of tides / river flow/ bodies in water etc

@motherofdaughters just got into bed will double check for you tomorrow but if you put Golden State Killer in the search it should come up. It was originally a 5 part but updated when they caught him and another 2 parts added, can be repetitive but lots of detail and victim accounts that are terrifying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member