IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charges were dropped, so there’s literally nothing for Jussie to plead guilty to. That’s also why the records are sealed — there is no longer any case, so the records are no longer subject to FOIA or anything else.

All that’s why, too, he “walks free,” so to speak.

At least, that’s how I’m interpreting everything, as far as the legal reasoning goes. My guess is that police screwed up somehow, making prosecution almost impossible. Maybe they did something to jeopardize the integrity of the case.

So, by dropping all charges and sealing records, nobody admits fault or guilt, either, for screwing up the prosecutability (police) or for lying to police (Jussie).

Moo. ... I’m just speculating!

#2 makes no sense to me. To forfeit money and do community service is "punishment" so he would need to plead guilty to something, wouldn't he? To drop charges would mean to "walk free" because some procedure had been breached or new developments that made the initial charges invalid. Also, they are supposedly sealing his "records". ???????????

Seriously --who in their right mind would want to hire him ?
What if he bought something for his future employer , and then framed that employer for (pick a reason) ___ ?
Although we are referring to people in their right minds.....

Seriously --who in their right mind would want to hire him ?
What if he bought something for his future employer , and then framed that employer for (pick a reason) ___ ?
Although we are referring to people in their right minds.....

Good point. How many times would he have to frame someone to be considered a serial framer?

This needs to be dumbed down for me. I still don't understand why Jussie and his family wanted this moved to the FBI.

Well lately the FBI has operated under personal agendas not justice. The family probably has their hands in someone's pockets at the FBI.

IMO if the case was sent to the FBI. They had someone waiting to kill it.

IMO, JMO, MOO!!!!!

Rafer Weigel‏Verified account @RaferWeigel

The State’s attorney’s office is saying the decision to drop the charges against #JussieSmollett did not come from Kim Foxx as she recused herself. No one that’s close to the case that I’ve talked to outside of #Smollett’s legal team believes that.
So whose decision was this? And whose decision was it to release the info like they did today? If you had to design a BAD way to handle this decision, today's actions were it.

There should be no confusion and bafflement about authority like today's news caused. Very poorly handled.

jmo

Well lately the FBI has operated under personal agendas not justice. The family probably has their hands in someone's pockets at the FBI.

IMO if the case was sent to the FBI. They had someone waiting to kill it.

IMO, JMO, MOO!!!!!
Bingo !...... Knowing the two people named in that Chicago Tribune article you may be correct....moo

Could it be that this was actually a political ploy and JS 'volunteered' or not to do the event?

If people much higher up the political ladder are actually responsible for this MAGA attack, could that explain why it went away and records were sealed?

Pure speculation on my part, just wondering. IMO MOO etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members