SC - Raniya Wright, 5th grader dies from fight at school, Mar 2019

Lamima

Reaction score
my seventh grade daughter got punched and her glasses stomped on at school and the school only disciplined the child by giving her a week of lunch detention (now im left buying new glasses and having someone pick her up to take her 3 blocks home because this girl that hit her is scary, I read Cnn awhile ago and just got sick , poor little Raniya' just like my child has asked the teachers to keep her away (not helping) I wonder if she feared this child and nothing was done 5th grade SMH!!!!

Here is an online REPORT BULLY FORM for Kids to REPORT BULLYS.
This form is Florida.

Online Bully Reporting

All States and School Districts should have this form available to Students.
This form should not be turned in to Teachers, but emailed directly to the School Board.

Every School should have a Metal Detector at every Entrance and a Uniformed Police Officer at the Main Entrance.

Theses are some EASY SOLUTIONS to HELP KEEP KIDS SAFE. What is being done?

Last edited:
South Carolina 5th-grader Raniya Wright dies after being injured in a school fight - CNN

No weapons were involved in the school fight that left a 5th-grader dead, the sheriff's office says

(CNN)A South Carolina fifth-grader who was injured when a fight broke out in her classroom died Wednesday, school officials said.

The student, Raniya Wright, died two days after the fight at Forest Hills Elementary School in Walterboro, Colleton County School District officials said.

"Weapons were not involved in this incident," the Colleton County Sheriff's Office said Thursday in a statement.

ETA More at link...

Unfortunately, parents/guardians should consider making police reports if their child is attacked or threatened----especially in a district where it appears that the school is not effective in stopping the actions of students.

South Carolina 5th-grader Raniya Wright dies after being injured in a school fight - CNN

No weapons were involved in the school fight that left a 5th-grader dead, the sheriff's office says

(CNN)A South Carolina fifth-grader who was injured when a fight broke out in her classroom died Wednesday, school officials said.

The student, Raniya Wright, died two days after the fight at Forest Hills Elementary School in Walterboro, Colleton County School District officials said.

"Weapons were not involved in this incident," the Colleton County Sheriff's Office said Thursday in a statement.

ETA More at link...

DEAD is DEAD, Weapon or No Weapon. This was Murder.

my seventh grade daughter got punched and her glasses stomped on at school and the school only disciplined the child by giving her a week of lunch detention (now im left buying new glasses and having someone pick her up to take her 3 blocks home because this girl that hit her is scary, I read Cnn awhile ago and just got sick , poor little Raniya' just like my child has asked the teachers to keep her away (not helping) I wonder if she feared this child and nothing was done 5th grade SMH!!!!
When my son (now 22) was in 5th grade he was choked in the bathroom. Another student, thank goodness, walked in and pried the kid off my son. The kid was new to the school from being moved from another school due to issues. I was not called. My son came home with a stretched out shirt and finger marks around his neck. I immediately called the school and could not even get the principal to talk to me. Was told he'd call me back the next day. I should have went right to the police station. When he hadn't called by the end of the next day I went in and demanded he speak to me. He said he wanted to investigate the story before speaking to me to see what was true. He spoke to all 3 boys in the bathroom and did discover my son's story was true. The choker got in school suspension. Like what the heck is that....what kind of punishment? So much for zero tolerance. He went on to middle school with my son (amazingly he left my son alone after that). But was soon removed (or switched) from the middle school for issues. They just shift the problems around. The child who was involved with this story will likely be switched to another school in her district. He/she should get major mental health help though. And police charges should be filed...10 or 20 or 30, doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, parents/guardians should consider making police reports if their child is attacked or threatened----especially in a district where it appears that the school is not effective in stopping the actions of students.

I tried with the irving PD, they referred me back to the school and told me to file small claims for the cost of the glasses and the school refuses to give me any information on the parent (privacy law) and shes not in the same class finally got a kids last name but it appears by my searching the mom has a different last name , so went to the ISD office and they referred me back to the Irving PD , so I did the unthinkable and stalked the kid on the way home ( taking off from work ) and now have a complex with a apt # , still haven't found the parents name , but I have plans after work to knock on the door and see if this is a reasonable parent ( I will keep you all updated ) I really feel for this family , I really wonder what they had to go thru or if this was the first fight , if this little girl was bullies and scared I will be spitting nails more than I am right now !!!!

I tried with the irving PD, they referred me back to the school and told me to file small claims for the cost of the glasses and the school refuses to give me any information on the parent (privacy law) and shes not in the same class finally got a kids last name but it appears by my searching the mom has a different last name , so went to the ISD office and they referred me back to the Irving PD , so I did the unthinkable and stalked the kid on the way home ( taking off from work ) and now have a complex with a apt # , still haven't found the parents name , but I have plans after work to knock on the door and see if this is a reasonable parent ( I will keep you all updated ) I really feel for this family , I really wonder what they had to go thru or if this was the first fight , if this little girl was bullies and scared I will be spitting nails more than I am right now !!!!

Please, please, be extremely careful here. If the child was capable of hurting your child, have you thought about the other people behind that door? Your child(ren) really do need you around for many more years. IMHO JMO and sending loving vibes your way :)

When my son (now 22) was in 5th grade he was choked in the bathroom. Another student, thank goodness, walked in and pried the kid off my son. The kid was new to the school from being moved from another school due to issues. I was not called. My son came home with a stretched out shirt and finger marks around his neck. I immediately called the school and could not even get the principal to talk to me. Was told he'd call me back the next day. I should have went right to the police station. When he hadn't called by the end of the next day I went in and demanded he speak to me. He said he wanted to investigate the story before speaking to me to see what was true. He spoke to all 3 boys in the bathroom and did discover my son's story was true. The choker got in school suspension. Like what the heck is that....what kind of punishment? So much for zero tolerance. He went on to middle school with my son (amazingly he left my son alone after that). But was soon removed (or switched) from the middle school for issues. They just shift the problems around. The child who was involved with this story will likely be switched to another school in her district. He/she should get major mental health help though. And police charges should be filed...10 or 20 or 30, doesn't matter.
OMG I swear its not easy to get help, I'm glad your boy is OK !!! although I'm sure it did some mental damage to him , kids don't forget . I liken it with an spousal abuse on the getting help issue its just not easy.

Please, please, be extremely careful here. If the child was capable of hurting your child, have you thought about the other people behind that door? Your child(ren) really do need you around for many more years. IMHO JMO and sending loving vibes your way :)

YES my first thought , follow a Mean Kid home and see if someone mean doesn't answer the door !! its a sad world when you have to think about arming yourself . I think I will leave a note and see if they call me ! Thank you !

if a child gets away with murder in 5th grade , it makes me shudder to think what could happen as a teen , Remember the Jonesboro AR, school shooter Andrew Golden , well he was released at 21 to my home town and very shortly was arrested for wielding a gun at someone ....I don't know what a solution would be :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back