Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO
Yeah, I have tried to think of any possibility where the driver somehow got into an unplanned altercation with her and I keep coming back to that he should have immediately called 911 if it was an unexpected fight where he felt like he was defending himself. Since he took steps to hide the body and never called LE right when it happened, it all points to him being the agressor and doing this on purpose. If it was out of character of him to do this sort of thing then maybe he himself was on some stronger drugs that pushed him over the edge to commit this terrible act.

It all is pointing to him being responsible and doing this on purpose.

The only thing I could come up with to the contrary would have required him to call LE immediately after and that didnt happen. Like I thought of a crazy possibility that he forgot the child safety locks were on in the back and she panicked and started fighting with him to get out and he freaks out and fights back. But the problem with that is if something even remotely close to that happened then you are expected to immediately call LE and call an ambulance if you want any hope of claiming self defense.

Since he did neither and took steps to hide the crime, then it all points to his guilt.

JMO of course.

his car- he always had the option of stopping and letting her out

I could see working with a theory like that... If we knew it was a gf and that she worked there that would fit. I could see any gf being really ticked if he was gone basically all night. Like you say too, he maybe could not go home until she went to work, etc. A party and passing out fits (but is a lie), etc.

My issue with I think of various things like this too but it angers me at myself because it would allow him to possibly argue that he had no premeditation (with regard to murder)...

Ditto. I do see where this will go as far as his defense, “she got in his car”, will be the theme. I hope he pleads guilty & her grieving family is spared a trial casting blame on Samantha. It was a mistake & he was the only one that could correct the mistake by advising her “get out of my car” , she would have obliged, profusely apologized, etc.
Moo

@ilovechili they have to have that car on camera too and it's a newer car so a lot of tracking info, imo. And his phone??

True. His phone has not been mentioned. I am sure they probably have it unless he tossed it as he ran. He was not expecting to be pulled over so they probably have it. In fact I wonder if they have warrants for wherever he lives they have executed or are executing... I would imagine they do.

Yeah, solved the car mystery. He prob told them he needed it to get a job. Lol.
I’m not surprised his parents are defending him. I expect it in all cases. No parent wants to believe their child is a criminal.
Why can’t his parents visit is my big question.

I don't know about that state but probably not until a certain hearing, is it the bond hearing? I can't remember... I tried to see someone years ago before that and you can't, I never knew that. It was a different state though...

I don't know about that state but probably not until a certain hearing, is it the bond hearing? I can't remember... I tried to see someone years ago before that and you can't, I never knew that. It was a different state though...
From linked interview:
The Rowlands are not allowed to visit their son in jail. The Rowland family said they are working to retain counsel.

Yes, I'm thinking she put up quite a struggle as soon as she realized what was going on. It may have started as an assault with no weapon, and then he decided to attack her with a knife or some object as it escalated.
"Multiple sharp wounds" has got to mean a lot more than just a few stabwounds, as they were all over her body.
Maybe he first tried to stab her in the head and neck and as she fought back she received wounds on her arms, face, legs, etc.
He must have been in a frenzy at that point. She must have suffered terribly. It had to have been excruciating.
I hope this guy never sees the outside again. Jmo

I think it is possible that he was in shock after the attack, even if he committed it- thus driving around with the phone and blood. I also think that the spot he chose to dump her body which has been described as "very rural" was not well thought out since hunters were there about 12 hrs. later, so while it might have been "rural," it was not untraveled. sounds like panic. Maybe they will know from blood tests (?) if he had any drugs in his system- possibly he does not have complete recall either. would like to know if he was actually impersonating a ride share or if he had some other nefarious purpose when the night started out.

Last edited:
I think it is possible that he was in shock after the attack, even if he committed it- thus driving around with the phone and blood. I also think that the spot he chose to dump her body which has been described as "very rural" was not well thought out since hunters were there about 12 hrs. later, so while it might have been "rural," it was not untraveled. sounds like panic. Maybe they will know from blood tests (?) if he had any drugs in his system- possibly he does not have complete recall either. would like to know if he was actually impersonation a ride share or if he had some other nefarious purpose when the night started out.

After thinking about this case for days, I think he was in some type of state the day he was caught.
Maybe he can’t even believe he murdered Samantha.
But, all he had to do was kick her out of his car as soon as she got in.
I keep my doors locked but by chance they are unlocked & someone I don’t know enters my car, I’m using some pretty foul, loud language to let them know they are in the wrong car.

L

Lol, no prob. I thought I had missed an Indy connection.

LOL I should know the signs. I generally know players names pretty well and there are two now that I cannot remember the perp's names in and this is one of those thus far. Like there is no more room in the head for another name... :D

What if his gf works night shift in a bar, he picks her up every night she works, lingering in the former Exxon lot until he sees her. He thought he saw her, whips his murder mobile into the HC spot & Samantha gets in, he thinks ‘easy money, I’ll drive around the block, rob her, put her out, go back & get gf’. But after pulling over to rob & put Samantha out, she starts fighting like he77, he pushes her back into the car, ultimately stabbing her to death.
She may have even found something to use as a weapon in the backseat.
Now, for this scenario to work, his gf was stranded, prob pissed off about no ride home. He then hides Samantha, maybe crashes in his car a few hours, never going home until gf is at work again. She prob called or texted & he told her he had passed out at a party, blah blah. He knew he best be there to pick her up the next night, come he77 or high water, so he risks it.
Why on earth would he think he could pick anyone up in such a public area & get away with it? IMO, he’d have to be very high or intoxicated.

does not listen to the news?

Here's a line from his parent's interview:

"The parents said their son was passed out at a party when Josephson got into their Chevy Impala. According to them, someone else was driving the car in Five Points." BBM

Their Chevy Impala

"passed out at a party" is not a really meritorious alibi :(
that said, I do not envy them right now

But this may be very believable to them. We don't know

I agree. They don’t know him as a murderer, I can’t find any past charges for physical violence against the murderer.
Therefore, his parents likely believe their son has been falsely accused/arrested.

True. His phone has not been mentioned. I am sure they probably have it unless he tossed it as he ran. He was not expecting to be pulled over so they probably have it. In fact I wonder if they have warrants for wherever he lives they have executed or are executing... I would imagine they do.

I sure hope he has a cellphone and feel certain he probably does. Looking at the records and seeing where his cellphone places him at that time should be a clincher.

No it is not. It is probably a pee poor alibi as “party” indicates many witnesses, imo.
He also needs to name the friend that used the car, I would think.

if he really was "passed out," he will not know.
his father is crying in the video- I feel bad for them,
but they are all alive and SJ is gone, so... depressing
seeing so many people die at the hands of others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member