CA - Kylee Willis, 4, beaten to death for interrupting mom‘s boyfriend, Rancho Cucamonga, Mar 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Girl, 4, with Down Syndrome 'is beaten to death by her mother's boyfriend after she interrupted him' | Daily Mail Online

According to a press release from the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department, on Tuesday night 24-year-old Adam Hughes was babysitting his girlfriend’s children at their home in the 10000 block of Kernwood Court in Rancho Cucamonga when four-year-old Kylee Willis 'angered' the man by interrupting him.

upload_2019-4-3_2-39-42.jpeg

The sheriff’s department wrote that the 5-foot-11, 220-pound Hughes assaulted the special needs toddler and then put her to bed.

When he went to check on Kylee several hours later, he found her unresponsive. By that time, the toddler's fingers and lips had turned blue.

Hughes then called his girlfriend and the girl’s mother, Corinne Blake, who dialed 911 just before 8pm.

Paramedics transported the four-year-old victim to San Antonio Medical Center, and from there she was airlifted to the Loma Linda University Medical Center to be treated for severe head trauma.

Kylee spent several days on life support and succumbed to her injuries on Friday 'as a result of the injuries caused by Hughes,' according to the press release.

upload_2019-4-3_2-40-3.jpegupload_2019-4-3_2-40-20.jpegupload_2019-4-3_2-40-34.jpeg

San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department

Rancho Cucamonga man arrested for the death of 4-year old left in his care. from SBSD - Headquarters : Nixle

Man arrested in death of girlfriend's daughter, who had Down Syndrome

Calif. Man Allegedly Killed Girl with Down Syndrome, 4, Because He Was Mad She Interrupted Him

Per the links above:

Another boyfriend watching children kills a beautiful 4 yr old child...

He beat her (paraphrasing here) put her to bed. Checked on her SEVERAL hours later she was blue. He then calls mom - who calls 911 at approximately 7:56pm. What time did he put her to bed?

I'm confused if mom was at home when she called 911 but she was charged with willful cruelty to a child. Boyfriend charged the same, then charged with murder.

Severe HEAD trauma. Four year old children interrupt. It's their job as far as I'm concerned.

All because she INTERRUPTED him. DISGUSTING

All the above MHOO IMO IMHOO

Another boyfriend watching children kills a beautiful 4 yr old child...

Omg, I wish women would stop leaving children with their boyfriends, period.
Idk why they feel their kids are safe with men that are virtually strange men.
So sad.
May the perp enjoy a long, long life with the state prison PA system interrupting him, 24/7.

Rancho Cucamonga man arrested for the death of 4-year old left in his care. from SBSD - Headquarters : Nixle

Per above, court date was today, but haven't found update.

My suggestions...his punishment should be same as hers, preferably administered by someone triple his size. Tomorrow work for everybody?

MHOO

Why on earth would mom leave a special needs child with her boyfriend! Obviously he knows nothing about kids. All kids interrupt. What did she interrupt him doing? Must have been pretty profound.
I hope this monster gets LWOP and lives in solitary confinement every day, keep others from interrupting him.
Hope he lives to be 100.

I am unclear as to why mom was arrested. Anyone? Tia

Wtf is going on in our World?

Where was mom?
I hope her other children can live with people capable of responsible parenting. At least give them a chance at life. Jmo. This just pisses me off to the nth degree.

I agree with all the above. I'm guessing most of us are inconvenienced at least once a day. What is it that makes the ever-increasing number of people unable to deal with everyday life without extreme violence?

I'm pissed too, and so sad that the world seems to be spiraling out of control.

OMG stuff like this just makes me want to kill these horrible people. The insanity of a man who is already like a foot taller than I am as an adult beating a little toddler...and with Down Syndrome? Every day it's another jack apple maiming and killing small children. :( It's just too much. This makes me so sad.

I agree with all the above. I'm guessing most of us are inconvenienced at least once a day. What is it that makes the ever-increasing number of people unable to deal with everyday life without extreme violence?

I'm pissed too, and so sad that the world seems to be spiraling out of control.

I’d really be interested in mom’s whereabouts, how frequently the child murderer baby sat & why mom was arrested if she was not home when he savagely attacked this poor little girl. Omg, he knew when he put her to bed she was injured & needed help.
Speculating this wasn’t his first time doling out punishment.
All moo

Is the man in flannel checkered shirt in first post the murderer? If so, what is he doing to her?

ETA: Girl, 4, with Down Syndrome 'is beaten to death by her mother's boyfriend after she interrupted him' | Daily Mail Online

To answer my own question, YES, that’s him. Many more photos at DM link.
Hope the baby is far removed from mom, forever. None of the ‘she needs a parenting class’, then she can resume custody of other kid/s. Nope. Cuz wth will happen DP when she decides to date again?

Last edited:
I can't even. I have a daughter with Down syndrome. That poor baby girl would have been so scared and so confused about why someone she adored was hurting her!

She would have been 5 in June. She looks just like the little girl with Ds that I help with who will be 4 in June. I cannot even grasp this.

Children with special needs are at a much higher risk for abuse to START with. Then there is the lessened verbal ability to tell when they are being hurt, or to be understood by someone which can lead to frustration. Was she potty trained? Because I can see that also being an issue.

Kylee Rose Willis album:

Corinne Hughes

It looks in that flannel/Christmas dress picture like he is going to kiss her. I went through all of her pictures and it looks like he's been around for a while, at least 2 years. So this wasn't a new boyfriend at least. He was a Dad to her at this point. There are pictures of him dancing with Kylee, holding her hand, etc. He was in the hospital with her, teaching her... this is brutal you guys.

Video in the hospital:

Corinne Hughes

There are also lots of pictures of Kylee. She appeared to be adored by many people. She went with her Dad or other family just about every weekend. She had doctor's visits and hospital trips (normal for a child with Ds, not suspicious.) This wasn't a child that was kept from everyone. So I don't believe there was long term abuse going on here, at least. I'm consoling myself with that right now. I think.... I hope this may have been a situation of losing control one time.

Kylee just started walking a year ago, which is definitely delayed even for a child with Ds. Omg this video. Maybe I'm not objective.... but this looks loving to me!

Walking video:

Corinne Hughes

And this other video of her walking:

Corinne Hughes

It appears that Corinne didn't have custody of her first two kids. However, I think people had hope that she had turned it around now. There is a similar person I know of, that really screwed up with her first three kids but so far the 4th one she's doing really well with.

I'M NOT DEFENDING THEM YOU GUYS.
However, I have hope that this wasn't a long term abuse situation. Please... let it be just a one time thing.

The criminal complaint had stated Hughes was accused of “unlawfully … having care and custody of Jane Doe, a child under the age of 8 years, assault that child by means of force that to a reasonable person would be likely to produce bodily injury, resulting in the child becoming comatose due to brain injury and suffering paralysis of a permanent nature,”

Meanwhile, Blake, “under circumstances and conditions likely to produce great bodily harm and death, willfully caused and permitted a child to suffer,” said court documents.

4-Year-Old Girl With Down Syndrome Killed by Mother's Boyfriend, Says Sheriff

This is beyond brutal. In addition to brain damage, this poor defenceless little child would have suffered permanent paralysis had she survived. No words.

The criminal complaint had stated Hughes was accused of “unlawfully … having care and custody of Jane Doe, a child under the age of 8 years, assault that child by means of force that to a reasonable person would be likely to produce bodily injury, resulting in the child becoming comatose due to brain injury and suffering paralysis of a permanent nature,”

Meanwhile, Blake, “under circumstances and conditions likely to produce great bodily harm and death, willfully caused and permitted a child to suffer,” said court documents.

4-Year-Old Girl With Down Syndrome Killed by Mother's Boyfriend, Says Sheriff

This is beyond brutal. In addition to brain damage, this poor defenceless little child would have suffered permanent paralysis had she survived. No words.

I wonder if she had Atlantoaxial instability? That would certainly explain the paralysis.

Atlantoaxial Instability & Down Syndrome - NDSS

I am hoping that the story changes and it doesn't get worse...

I can't even. I have a daughter with Down syndrome. That poor baby girl would have been so scared and so confused about why someone she adored was hurting her!

She would have been 5 in June. She looks just like the little girl with Ds that I help with who will be 4 in June. I cannot even grasp this.

Children with special needs are at a much higher risk for abuse to START with. Then there is the lessened verbal ability to tell when they are being hurt, or to be understood by someone which can lead to frustration. Was she potty trained? Because I can see that also being an issue.

Kylee Rose Willis album:

Corinne Hughes

It looks in that flannel/Christmas dress picture like he is going to kiss her. I went through all of her pictures and it looks like he's been around for a while, at least 2 years. So this wasn't a new boyfriend at least. He was a Dad to her at this point. There are pictures of him dancing with Kylee, holding her hand, etc. He was in the hospital with her, teaching her... this is brutal you guys.

Video in the hospital:

Corinne Hughes

There are also lots of pictures of Kylee. She appeared to be adored by many people. She went with her Dad or other family just about every weekend. She had doctor's visits and hospital trips (normal for a child with Ds, not suspicious.) This wasn't a child that was kept from everyone. So I don't believe there was long term abuse going on here, at least. I'm consoling myself with that right now. I think.... I hope this may have been a situation of losing control one time.

Kylee just started walking a year ago, which is definitely delayed even for a child with Ds. Omg this video. Maybe I'm not objective.... but this looks loving to me!

Walking video:

Corinne Hughes

And this other video of her walking:

Corinne Hughes

It appears that Corinne didn't have custody of her first two kids. However, I think people had hope that she had turned it around now. There is a similar person I know of, that really screwed up with her first three kids but so far the 4th one she's doing really well with.

I'M NOT DEFENDING THEM YOU GUYS.
However, I have hope that this wasn't a long term abuse situation. Please... let it be just a one time thing.

I agree with you. I just went way, way through her pictures and mom's FB. I believe sweet Kylee was loved. A few things stood out to me:

- Mom posted some fill-in-the-blanks thing about couples (you know, you answer and post and then others who are tagged are supposed to do the same) on Jan 9 this year. One question was who has the worst temper, and she had answered, "Him definitely."

- Kylee had lots of love and adventures with family and friends, and seemed to have lots of days full of swimming, parks, playgrounds, and cuddles with the people in her life, including the BF.

- BF is seemingly fully involved in Kylee's life, and many many photos and videos - in all sorts of situations - show warmth and closeness between them.

- Mom stated somewhere in her FB that she is 3 years older than the BF. He seems young (and somewhat immature based on his own FB photos and posts, IMO). He clearly, at the very least, lacked sufficient coping skills to parent any child, let alone a child with special needs.

- Perhaps it is his privacy settings, but BF has zero photos of the children publicly visible on his FB, while mom's is dominated by pictures and videos of her children (and him and her).

- I don't know what, if anything, any of these things mean. I want to believe that he lost it in a fit of rage (he has the worse temper, remember) and struck just one blow that he immediately regretted, that he was devastated and in shock and denial, and that he put her to bed, perhaps out of some severe avoidance issues mixed in with his fear and shock. I want to think it happened in a flash, an instant, and that Kylee did not have time to register what was happening. Please, let this be how it happened.

- Lastly, Kylee- wow, what a dazzling ray of sunshine! Such personality, such radiance. I am so heartbroken that you've been snatched from the world and robbed of a long life of joy and discovery.

Folks, I apologize for my long and disjointed ramblings. I just don't know what to make of this tragedy -- and this is all MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back