Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funeral Services Held For Samantha Josephson, College Student From New Jersey Killed In South Carolina
[...]

Her father is now urging lawmakers across several states to enact legislation to make for-hire vehicles more identifiable.

“Why not have something on the car, on the app, you can put it up to it, read a bar, and if it’s green that’s my car. If it’s red, nope, that’s not my car. I’m backing away,” Seymour Josephson said.

Samantha’s boyfriend was devastated by her death.

“She was the love of my life,” Greg Corbishley said.

He echoed the same pleas for safety.

“Please, please, if there is anything you can do extra to make sure that the driver of your Uber is there for you, please take that extra step,” Corbishley said.

[...]

Hundreds Of Family, Friends Gather At New Jersey Synagogue For Samantha Josephson’s Funeral
[...]

Prior to the service, a family spokesperson addressed the tragedy.

“To the police departments at the college and the City of Columbia, their pursuit to find the animal who took Sammy from us, those efforts won’t soon be forgotten. Law enforcement’s true due diligence for justice led to an acceptable result under these terrible circumstances,” said Seth Josephson.

He continued, “The sadness that is being suffered will never end, it may wain in the future, but will always leave a hole in the hearts of a fun-loving, generous, kind parents and sister.”

Josephson also shared what the family hopes people will take from the college student’s murder.

“The message the family hopes people, young adults for certain, get from the senseless killing of a wonderful girl, is that the rideshare community, Uber and Lyft, learn from this and take ownership of the fortune made by their customers.”

The family wants more protection for ridesharing customers and accountability for the industry.

Today’s services are private and afterwards, there will be a period of mourning following the burial.

Just a link/fact update for those who can't read links due to GDPR:

http://www.wistv.com/2019/04/02/cpd-sled-uncover-valuable-information-about-suspect-charged-killing-samantha-josephson/

along with Josephson’s cell phone in the glove compartment.

Where was it reported he works for FedEx?

This is easy to disprove.

Re: Cell phone - I was trying to remember where I had read this to confirm if it was true or had been misstated and, yes, it was the LE documents. Did he have her phone in his posession early? Or did he find it when he was trying to clean the car? Finding her phone is hugely important for LE.

The parents say he works for Fed Ex in their video.

Not at FedEx employees are drivers. Some work at the main Fed Ex Ground operation unloading the containers from the FedEX flights and helping them get sorted to load onto trucks. My guess is that the loaders at Fed Ex Ground are paid less than the drivers. I also do wonder if theft is a continual problem there and that boosting a package or two is a source of stuff to pawn. (Bad scenario for FedEx)

The FedEx Ground facility is also in the general area of town not that far from Rosewood, where the phone ping was heard. If you go from Five Points to the Fed Ex Ground facility, you would drive right through the middle of Rosewood.

Last edited:
I don't think so. The proposed legislation is that the illuminated signage be provided by the ride share companies, and could not be purchased elsewhere.
That will not work too well, do you know how many times Uber has changed their logo over the years. You can not educate an entire nation to look only for one sign when so many do not even look and then there is China, how quickly will they knock off provided said signage.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/03/griev...mantha-josephson-during-tear-filled-ceremony/
[...]

“I will always love you think about you, worry about you and I will always have your voice inside my head saying ‘dad,’” grieving father Seymour Josephson said during a tear-filled eulogy for his slain daughter Samantha at Congregation Beth Chaim in West Windsor.

“You had so much more to do. You will not be forgotten. You could never be we will never forget your name: Samantha Josephson, Samantha Josephson.”

At the mention of her name, many of those in attendance broker down in sobs.

The dad lamented his bright daughter’s promising future cut short. She was set to graduate from the University of South Carolina in June and had already been accepted to two law schools.

“She told me she had gotten a [partial] scholarship to Rutgers and I was very, very happy. Then she called about 10 minutes later and told me she had been offered a full ride at Drexel. I started screaming!” he said.

[...]

Hundreds mourn ‘senseless killing of a wonderful girl’ at funeral for N.J. college student killed in South Carolina
They came by the hundreds to say goodbye to Samantha “Sammy” Josephson, the fun-loving and adored 21-year-old college student from Robbinsville who was kidnapped and killed last week in South Carolina after getting into a car she mistook for her Uber ride.

For more than an hour Wednesday, family and friends streamed up the walkways to Congregation Beth Chaim in West Windsor for Josephson’s funeral and embraced as the wind whipped their black clothes around them. The street was shut down and cars were parked two-wide for a half-mile around the synagogue.

[...]

A cousin, Seth Josephson, told reporters outside the funeral that what happened was “the senseless killing of a wonderful girl.”

Outside the funeral Wednesday, Seth Josephson said the family thanks the community, local law enforcement and Congregation Beth Chaim for all the support and help this week. He also thanked police in South Carolina.

“Their pursuit to find the animal who took Sammy from us, those efforts won’t soon be forgotten,” he said.

[...]

Late last night,someone asked where the phone was found. It is in this news article: CPD, SLED uncover ‘valuable information’ about suspect charged in killing of Samantha Josephson Forensic tests revealed large amounts of Josephson’s blood in the back seat and trunk of Rowland’s black Chevy Impala. Investigators also found bleach, wipes and window cleaner inside the car, along with Josephson’s cell phone in the glove compartment.
I wonder where they got that because the arrest warrants read, "Also, a cellular telephone belonging to the victim was found inside the passenger compartment of the subject vehicle."

See pages 2 and 4: South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

I wonder where they got that because the arrest warrant reads, "Also, a cellular telephone belonging to the victim was found inside the passenger compartment of the subject vehicle."

See pages 2 and 4: South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

I have to say that last night when others were talking about it, I also had it in my head and remember it being said it was the glove compartment. I did not comment as I did not know where I had seen that and could not link it.

One thought is the passenger compartment is considered the entire interior of the car I believe.

Or they got it wrong, it would not be the first time.

It was fairly early on I read it/heard it.

I have to say that last night when others were talking about it, I also had it in my head and remember it being said it was the glove compartment. I did not comment as I did not know where I had seen that and could not link it.

One thought is the passenger compartment is considered the entire interior of the car I believe.

Or they got it wrong, it would not be the first time.

It was fairly early on I read it/heard it.
Since this is the only source reporting that the phone was found in the glove compartment which doesn't agree with the search warrants, I'm going to consider it an error. For now. MOO

I get to the point on a lot of these cases where I can't even trust MSM. Facts are reported differently in different articles. Well, I shared that article to help the person know that that one article did state the glove compartment,but who knows if that is really where it was found. :)

Boyfriend of murdered South Carolina student pays tribute | Daily Mail Online

'I was tracking her and knew something was wrong': Boyfriend of college student who was murdered when she mistook the wrong car for her Uber pays tribute to the 'love of his life' as hundreds of mourners gather for her funeral
  • The boyfriend of murdered college student Samantha Josephson, 21, is paying tribute to her, calling her the 'love of his life'
  • Greg Corbishley spoke at a vigil for her on Tuesday and revealed he was tracking her location the night she was attacked and knew something went wrong
  • 'Unfortunately I was two & a half hours away. I'd do anything to go back,' he said
  • Hundreds gathered for her funeral held in New Jersey on Wednesday
  • The University of South Carolina senior was kidnapped and killed early Friday morning after she got into a car thinking it was her Uber following a night out
  • Nathaniel David Rowland, 24, has been arrested for the 21-year-old's death in Columbia, South Carolina
[...]
'Unfortunately I was two and a half hours away. I'd do anything to go back,' he added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen