DNA Solves Cold Cases/Parabon Nanolabs & GED/Match.

This is such great news for the daughter of Sondra Better who never gave up hoping to hear of a DNA match.

Justice can finally be served to the murderer of Mrs. Better who was bludgeoned to death while working alone at a consignment shop over 20 years ago.

Delray police: Arrest made in woman's 1998 cold-case homicide
I read an article that explained that Barket had a scar on his face, when they researched his license before the murder, no scar, after, scar. He claims it was from a dog but detectives think it was from the robbery/murder. Most of the articles written didn't mention this but one story did .

Thanks for the interest in my post. I personally do not believe DNA genealogy is fool proof and as a precise science as it has been presented as. I believe both of these men have been misidentified by these DNA techniques. If you study the EAR/ONS case Mr DeAngelo is nothing like the suspect everyone was looking for. He is the wrong height, wrong age, wrong hair style and wrong ethnicity. If he were my loved one I would not be happy the way he has been treated as a US Veteran and the methods used to accuse him of crimes in my opinion he did not commit. If you actually study the EAR/ONS case there has on every been one supposed DNA hit on one crime scene and this is in my opinion because Paul Holes was initially refused a DNA sample by the FBI who are the ones in charge of the DNA and solely them and they always have been. A man was almost misidentified in a nursing home before Mr DeAngelo was arrived at as a suspect. As I say in my opinion in the American first amendment there is a trillion to one non DNA hit in this case because the processes used were flawed and not very scientific. Here is a case where DNA genealogy lead to a misidentification:

Who murdered Idaho teen Angie Dodge?

No, the linked story does not show DNA genealogy leading to a misidentification. It shows it leading to a suspect, who is then exonerated by that same DNA evidence.

“Michael Usry Jr.: They sent me an e-mail … and it says, "Michael Usry Junior, we just wanted to let you know that your DNA did not match our crime scene DNA, something you already knew."”

That is a whole-hearted acknowledgement of exoneration.

No one claims that DNA genealogy is foolproof. It always leads to possible identifications, which are then checked out with standard DNA techniques.

No, the linked story does not show DNA genealogy leading to a misidentification. It shows it leading to a suspect, who is then exonerated by that same DNA evidence.

“Michael Usry Jr.: They sent me an e-mail … and it says, "Michael Usry Junior, we just wanted to let you know that your DNA did not match our crime scene DNA, something you already knew."”

That is a whole-hearted acknowledgement of exoneration.

No one claims that DNA genealogy is foolproof. It always leads to possible identifications, which are then checked out with standard DNA techniques.

I agree with you what I am saying is Mr DeAngelo was misidentified in the same way and as of yet this has not been corrected and it is nearly a year know. This misidentification has implications in all cases which have used it as an inspiration. The actual offender is I believe or know a man called Ralph Leon Jackson who served ten years in the military and was stationed in California at somewhere like Mather Airforce base. Before anyone asks one of the reasons it might have taken so long to admit the fact there has been a misidentification in the Golden State Killer case is to put is crudely half of Californian LE have blighted their careers and the FBI have as institution always been reluctant to admit Jackson existed because he got away with so many crimes for so long in my opinion.

I agree with you what I am saying is Mr DeAngelo was misidentified in the same way and as of yet this has not been corrected and it is nearly a year know. This misidentification has implications in all cases which have used it as an inspiration. The actual offender is I believe or know a man called Ralph Leon Jackson who served ten years in the military and was stationed in California at somewhere like Mather Airforce base. Before anyone asks one of the reasons it might have taken so long to admit the fact there has been a misidentification in the Golden State Killer case is to put is crudely half of Californian LE have blighted their careers and the FBI have as institution always been reluctant to admit Jackson existed because he got away with so many crimes for so long in my opinion.

I'm sorry but you are just wrong about this. DiAngelo has been confirmed by MULTIPLE DNA matches. Jackson is NOT the GSK. Never was. Never will be. End of story.

I'm sorry but you are just wrong about this. DiAngelo has been confirmed by MULTIPLE DNA matches. Jackson is NOT the GSK. Never was. Never will be. End of story.

Thanks for your interest but I am not going to continue to discuss this subject as I have made my point. I am not wrong I am right. Jackson is the right age, the right height, has pock marks, looks like the composite sketches, had a bull tattoo and told everyone he had a small pecker by taking pills. I believe his DNA is controlled by the FBI not by Californian LE and there is a hit for him. If you listen to the Is Ray There? call the caller actually has a Virginian accent. I cannot see how you can be so certain there are multiple DNA hits unless you work for the FBI. There has only been one confirmed DNA hit made public and this was on a DNA sample obtained 40 years later and that is a crime scene in Ventura and if you watch the original interview with Paul Holes after the arrest of Mr DeAngelo he states this. The FBI have not actually confirmed he is the actual offender and in my opinion that is because Ralph Jackson is. Like I say I will leave the subject now as I have said my bit but I think Jackson is the Golden State Killer or EAR/ONS. We might see the truth come out fairly soon or we may not I do not know. I respect your opinion but my is there has been a misidentification in a very large scale case with huge consequences. As of now Mr DeAngelo is innocent as he has not been convicted and apart from myself he has few speaking up for him and he deserves to have a proper legal process with his lawyers knowing I believe the actual offender is Ralph Jackson. As I say we will have to beg to differ but I respect your right to an opinion.

Another filicide was recently solved with the help of DNA and genealogy.
Greenville police solve 'Julie Valentine' cold case, arrest mother decades after baby found in field
Christy remembered a cold and dreary day when the baby was discovered. He said every detective in the department descended on the area. They tried to track down subscribers to the Wall Street Journal newspaper, which was left in the box with the child. They looked into the Sears vacuum box and also a red car that was spotted leaving the scene several days earlier. Few pieces of evidence were concrete.

"Year after year we were hoping someone would finally get a heart and make a phone call to us," he said. "Then, of course, the DNA came around and the technology."

Miller said the department used the services of Parabon NanoLabs, which uses genetic genealogy to match DNA to family members. (...)
Police sent the Julie Valentine case to Parabon NanoLabs in that same month.
Does Julie Valentine have her own thread here on WS?

I saw this article, and thought it was a very interesting read... interesting statistics and information, e.g.

"Turnaround time” — from when a sample is sent to the lab to when results are received — is always a hot topic with police investigators. DellaManna said that time used to be about a year. The GAO study said the national average is now about 150 days, and that number did not decrease between 2011 and 2017
https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...arly-doubled-despite-billion-federal-funding/

I saw this article, and thought it was a very interesting read... interesting statistics and information, e.g.

"Turnaround time” — from when a sample is sent to the lab to when results are received — is always a hot topic with police investigators. DellaManna said that time used to be about a year. The GAO study said the national average is now about 150 days, and that number did not decrease between 2011 and 2017
https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...arly-doubled-despite-billion-federal-funding/

Which begs the question "Why are entrepreneurs not jumping on this opportunity?"
If I had the money- I sure as heck would have a dozen such labs up and running in the next six months.

I know there's been at least one guilty plea, but have any of these cases been to trial?

It'd be good to know there aren't any privacy issues etc. using GEDmatch which could let these killers walk free.

The arrested suspect is now 80 y/o. I wonder if there were other crimes over the years. At least they got him before he kicked the bucket.
For some reason your link didn't show article but a search pulled it up. Here is that link and another link as a backup.

Police: 1973 killing of women vacationing in Virginia solved

Man charged in 1973 double murder cold case that took place in Virginia Beach

Snohomish County Sheriff's Office arrested 77-year-old Terrence Miller for the 1972 murder of Jody Loomis. Link was made w/ GED Match.

Arrest made in 1972 murder of Mill Creek woman Jody Loomis

Given the following details in the article, sexual assault and what seems to be a stranger killing, this guy probably has more than one victim.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back