UNSOLVED NJ - Fair Lawn, Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods, Mar 2019

The staining on the bra looks like rust. But the pattern is weird, like it was wrapped around something that rusted. Part of what I am thinking is rust stain looks like a trigger guard on a gun. I wonder if these clothes and a fire arm were all bundled up somewhere in a wet location and then someone retrieved the gun and dumped the clothes elsewhere. I can't see anything else discernible in the staining but to me it definitely looks like a pattern of some sort.

I thought it could be leaves or leaves with something that would rust. If there wasn't underwear with what looks like a panty liner, it wouldn't seem as weird. If the clothes were there for a little while would animals be that neat, or could it have been frozen and thawed out since the weather has gotten warmer? Hopefully it isn't part of a crime. The guy did the right thing reporting it.

Thinking that it would be especially unusual for a thong to also be removed from a possible patient, imo. rbbm.
Police seek information on woman’s torn clothes found in the woods
“They were obviously very dirty. They were wet like they had been here for a while, rained on some. Upon first inspection it appeared that every single article of clothing had been cut,” Carota says."

"Because of the way the clothes were cut, some have speculated that they may have been taken off someone who was involved in a car accident where paramedics typically cut off a person’s clothing. However, police say that those clothing pieces are usually collected from a crash scene.

Anyone who may have information should call the Fair Lawn Police Department at 201-796-1400."

Mysterious, stained, cut-up women's clothes found behind Fair Lawn home

"The clothes appear to have been in the woods for several months and include a white bra with reddish and dark stains that was cut in the front; a pair of dirty Goldsign jeans with a portion of the right side ripped or cut; a medium cobalt blue thong; and a seafoam green shirt with reddish and dark stains. The shirt also appears to have been cut or ripped in half."

I have the same question. Early on someone mentioned what looks like an outline of scissors on the front of the shirt. I saw it immediately then. There is also a comment on this thread of someone that found something with weathered blood in or on it and it looked just like the clothing here. So I have no idea but IMO maybe LE does too or they would've tossed the clothing? I am like you: just test them for blood and get this over with. Let the public know.

Can they test for DNA? On one hand it's like if someone is missing that could help, if they can get DNA. It might not be okay to do that if there isn't a crime. Hopefully they've tested for blood. Especially where the clothing was torn.

Thinking that it would be especially unusual for a thong to also be removed from a possible patient, imo. rbbm.
“They were obviously very dirty. They were wet like they had been here for a while, rained on some. Upon first inspection it appeared that every single article of clothing had been cut,” Carota says."

"Because of the way the clothes were cut, some have speculated that they may have been taken off someone who was involved in a car accident where paramedics typically cut off a person’s clothing. However, police say that those clothing pieces are usually collected from a crash scene.

Anyone who may have information should call the Fair Lawn Police Department at 201-796-1400."

Mysterious, stained, cut-up women's clothes found behind Fair Lawn home

"The clothes appear to have been in the woods for several months and include a white bra with reddish and dark stains that was cut in the front; a pair of dirty Goldsign jeans with a portion of the right side ripped or cut; a medium cobalt blue thong; and a seafoam green shirt with reddish and dark stains. The shirt also appears to have been cut or ripped in half."
Thank you!

This is one I thought I would never share but it just goes to show how unexpected things happen. My ex and I were driving behind what i thought was a dump truck one day. It was filled to maximum & something fell out and landed in the road. My ex was hell bent on stopping to see what it was. Appearance: thick manilla envelope. It was an evidence package from the 80's from our local LE. Of course he opened it. It was a man's shirt and fruit of the loom briefs. It had a sticker on the envelope that made clear it was evidence. I was so freaked out by that. I just knew I would be in trouble. I think my ex was hoping for cash lol To this day idk what the heck that was doing in the trash? There was a landfill nearby so I assume it was headed there. I assume the evidence locker was cleaned or case disposed of and they just chunked the evidence in the trash. The trash men did a poor job of getting it there. That story doesn't even sound true but it is factual. Isn't that bizarre? So, I am always open to possibilities.
I wouldn’t be surprised if something very similar happened here. Or any of the other examples you gave.

Your ex sounds just like me ;)!

If it wasn't for the underwear I would be on board with the emergency responder theory. As a nurse the underwear throw me off because I can't think of any situation where an emergency responder would need to cut underwear off. I can see shirt and bea cut off for monitoring and pads to be placed and I can see pants being cut off maybe for an intraosseus line to be placed but I have never seen a patients underwear be cut off even in labor an delivery, the OR or the ER, if we've needed them off we can get them off without cutting them off and either throw in the trash or put them with the patient's belongings but never have I seen them cut or could think of why they would be cut.

If it wasn't for the underwear I would be on board with the emergency responder theory. As a nurse the underwear throw me off because I can't think of any situation where an emergency responder would need to cut underwear off. I can see shirt and bea cut off for monitoring and pads to be placed and I can see pants being cut off maybe for an intraosseus line to be placed but I have never seen a patients underwear be cut off even in labor an delivery, the OR or the ER, if we've needed them off we can get them off without cutting them off and either throw in the trash or put them with the patient's belongings but never have I seen them cut or could think of why they would be cut.

This is probably way out there, but as a nurse do you know of any reason that would make someone need to get out of their clothes? I meant that in a medical way lol. If something got on your clothes or skin like bugs, leeches.... exposure to a chemical or an allergic reaction, have you ever seen something like that?

Thanks for sharing your expertise. The underwear seems odd. Cutting it and discarding it seems almost violent idk. If I thought an animal or bugs were close to my underwear or if my vagina was burning I could see ripping my underwear off.

Perhaps I missed an article, but I've never read the thong was cut. It doesn't look cut to me. Can you point me to what I missed?

Perhaps I missed an article, but I've never read the thong was cut. It doesn't look cut to me. Can you point me to what I missed?
I wondered the same thing.

The gentleman who found the clothes has said:

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 9:53 PM EDT
Updated: Mar 27, 2019 8:47 PM EDT
“‘They were obviously very dirty. ... Upon first inspection it appeared that every single article of clothing had been cut”;

Updated Mar 26, 2019; Posted Mar 26, 2019
“The garments, a pair of size 28 jeans, a 36D bra, a Ralph Lauren Polo-brand T-shirt and underwear, had been cut, Carota said.

‘Every single article was clothing had been cut in a way to suggest it was cut off whoever was wearing it,’ he said.”
Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods around N.J. neighborhood

Here are some close-up, albeit blurry :oops: , photos:

58D5D46F-656F-4E20-B4EB-9503311E42E6.jpeg 56273462-E3BC-4356-BDEF-EA79D54F7131.jpeg 9E5656B7-4C0B-41B1-9C59-BDD0A31B8413.jpeg 3E25CB65-BD6B-44C3-B211-C0A9F61ACA75.jpeg 31046E22-96A3-4B65-841A-9D428EEA20F2.jpeg
Mysterious, stained cut-up women's clothes found behind Fair Lawn home

Last edited:
I wondered the same thing.

The gentleman who found the clothes has said:

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 9:53 PM EDT
Updated: Mar 27, 2019 8:47 PM EDT
“‘They were obviously very dirty. ... Upon first inspection it appeared that every single article of clothing had been cut”;

Updated Mar 26, 2019; Posted Mar 26, 2019
“The garments, a pair of size 28 jeans, a 36D bra, a Ralph Lauren Polo-brand T-shirt and underwear, had been cut, Carota said.

‘Every single article was clothing had been cut in a way to suggest it was cut off whoever was wearing it,’ he said.”
Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods around N.J. neighborhood

Here are some close-up, albeit blurry :oops: , photos:

View attachment 178441 View attachment 178446 View attachment 178447 View attachment 178448 View attachment 178449
Mysterious, stained cut-up women's clothes found behind Fair Lawn home

from the photos above the panties look almost ripped.. if you look above the panty liner... that would be the piece of fabric that should be covering the pubic area. It looks ripped in that area.. but thats JMO

Another question. Is there a "normal" way for pants to be cut off. It looks *to me* like these were cut higher up and pulled off. Maybe it's the way they're placed?
Looking at the pictures, it looks like they were cut in the crotch area with the right hand side of the front piece pulled away, IMO.

I’m not a medical professional, so this is purely speculative, but it looks like maybe the person suffered injuries to the chest and abdominal area, as well as the upper right thigh, e.g., gas grill accident or explosion, IMO:
B46BE483-4D1E-47E6-A994-BF858355D419.jpeg
Your propane grill could be a ticking time bomb

Next question: Were the clothes found in those bags? (The bags they're laid out on) or are they storing them in sealed plastic bags? Isn't that a great big no-no for future testing?
RSBM for focus

I just noticed in the original post on his Facebook page (link in the article below), the gentleman who found the clothes says he took pictures of the items as he was “bagging” the clothes.

So it doesn’t appear that they were already in a bag when found.
E0B4A6BF-9800-4214-9664-058A17994708.jpeg

I’m so glad that you are OK, Mert!

That was actually my initial thought: That at the time of discharge, the clothes were returned to the patient, and they were later thrown away.

Like proctorelites, I too, wonder if the clothes were already in a bag(s) when found, and if so, if it was one of those clear or opeque ones:
ClearBags LDPE Solid Handle Bag | Merchandise Bag With Die Cut Handles Tear Resistant Strength | Perfect for Trade Shows, Retail, and More (100 Bags, Frost) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1URV6J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_A8kQCbPJ4FVY5

I took a look around the neighborhood in Google Street View and noticed curbside garbage bins with no lids. Maybe the clothes fell out of one of those, “dragged by animals or blown by the wind,” and somehow ended up in DC’s yard ...? In that case, the “culprit” would likely be a neighbor and aware of the mystery but too embarrassed to come forward ...?

Whatever happened here, I really don’t believe it involves foul play.
Hi there, I have read many of your posts on various threads on WS, and I really respect your contributions and thoughtful opinions. May I ask what leads you to believe that foul play was not involved? I do think the clothes could have unintentionally ended up where they were found but the cutting just seems odd. I do have to agree with the person who posted that a woman with a figure like "this" and possibly expensive clothes from NYC, Long Island, the Hamptons, etc. would probably have people looking for her. Or would have knowledge that she had been in some kind of accident in NJ.

Just trying to follow a logical course of events/possibilities. How widely was this publicized? I would certainly imagine in the greater NYC area.

Hi there, I have read many of your posts on various threads on WS, and I really respect your contributions and thoughtful opinions. May I ask what leads you to believe that foul play was not involved? I do think the clothes could have unintentionally ended up where they were found but the cutting just seems odd. I do have to agree with the person who posted that a woman with a figure like "this" and possibly expensive clothes from NYC, Long Island, the Hamptons, etc. would probably have people looking for her. Or would have knowledge that she had been in some kind of accident in NJ.

Just trying to follow a logical course of events/possibilities. How widely was this publicized? I would certainly imagine in the greater NYC area.
Thank you so much for your kind words, ly502! They mean a lot coming from a fellow WSer. It’s so nice to be a part of a community of people who genuinely good, caring people.

For me it’s the way the clothes were cut that makes me think they came from an accident victim or someone who was experiencing an emergency of some kind.

But I am struggling to come up with a logical reason as to why the clothes ended up in someone’s backyard in a suburban neighborhood.

Everyone is different, but if I just committed a crime and needed to get rid of the victim’s clothes, I probably wouldn’t take the time to cut them up first. Maybe I would double-bag each item and toss into a garbage bin next to a gas pump (I would avoid Dumpsters because of the Dumpster divers) at several different locations, or perhaps burn them if I had ready access to a fire pit.

I hope it’s OK to post since the gentleman’s (DC) Facebook page has been linked in MSM articles: According to an update he posted last Tuesday, thousands of people from all across the US and even abroad are following the story, with some of them calling in to Fair Lawn detectives. He also reports that due to the volume of calls from other agencies, a Fair Lawn detective is working with the Bergen County Sheriff’s Office to see if an exception could be made and have the clothes tested for DNA. DC has been told it would take at least a year to get the results back.

I did a quick google search, and the case has been covered by the New York Post, NBC New York, and Oxygen, to name a few.

Thank you so much for your kind words, ly502! They mean a lot coming from a fellow WSer. It’s so nice to be a part of a community of people who genuinely good, caring people.

For me it’s the way the clothes were cut that makes me think they came from an accident victim or someone who was experiencing an emergency of some kind.

But I am struggling to come up with a logical reason as to why the clothes ended up in someone’s backyard in a suburban neighborhood.

Everyone is different, but if I just committed a crime and needed to get rid of the victim’s clothes, I probably wouldn’t take the time to cut them up first. Maybe I would double-bag each item and toss into a garbage bin next to a gas pump (I would avoid Dumpsters because of the Dumpster divers) at several different locations, or perhaps burn them if I had ready access to a fire pit.

I hope it’s OK to post since the gentleman’s (DC) Facebook page has been linked in MSM articles: According to an update he posted last Tuesday, thousands of people from all across the US and even abroad are following the story, with some of them calling in to Fair Lawn detectives. He also reports that due to the volume of calls from other agencies, a Fair Lawn detective is working with the Bergen County Sheriff’s Office to see if an exception could be made and have the clothes tested for DNA. DC has been told it would take at least a year to get the results back.

I did a quick google search, and the case has been covered by the New York Post, NBC New York, and Oxygen, to name a few.
Thank you for the update! I am really glad that they might make an exception for the DNA test, but a year? I am happy there are advocates though if this does happen to be related to a crime, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley
Back