Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 #2

Cadaver Dogs: Human bodies decompose in five basic stages, and each of those stages produces dozens of different odors.
Blood Dogs: identify vestiges (traces of blood that is disappearing or no longer exists) of human blood.

Regarding the multiple hits: If a person had died even 5 months prior in a location of the cadaver dogs path from a heart attack, a car accident, etc. a cadaver dog would pickup that scent. The Blood dogs as well, if someone was cut and bled 5 months prior in the location of the path the dogs were would hit it. A lot of consistent hits could lead to a body, under cement, buried in dirt and even in water.

These dogs have a positive predictive value of 90-100

Last edited:
@AliceInPain
So he was released, he is staying with his family and is not communicating much with Reusch family. Police are still convinced it’s him though, and continue to search. Yesterday they had said that the dogs alerted to *something* and they will continue to look today. Hope that leads to any clue whatsoever. Also yesterday it was brought up that the hair found in the trunk was NOT Rebecca’s, so their case against BIL seems to be thinning out...

No idea what they’re doing, possibly letting dogs rest? They are sure she’s around “that area” since BIL knows it very well. They seem to be figuring out where to search next which I dont understand since they said the dogs hit.. I do hope they’re onto something but it seems to be slipping away from them...
Rebecca Reusch vermisst: Kleinstadt in Brandenburg im Visier der Kripo | Welt

I wish I understood why LE does not seem to pursue her leaving voluntarily and meeting someone. She is a beautiful young lady and her pictures are all over SM and she had a reported 86,000 Instagram followers. Someone could have seen her on SM, contacted her, offering modeling opportunities etc. and she could have left to meet them and gotten in over her head.
The hair in the trunk has been proven not to be hers. Cadaver dogs never hit on the home or the car. Casts of tire tracks in one searched area were not from his car. Her mother reported an Internet contact called Max or Maxi. Her friends and teachers reported that they don't think she is dead but has left voluntarily.
So, why is LE pursuing this one theory so doggedly?
https://www.berliner-kurier.de/berl...er-raetselraten-um-vermisste-rebecca-32101732

No idea what they’re doing, possibly letting dogs rest? They are sure she’s around “that area” since BIL knows it very well. They seem to be figuring out where to search next which I dont understand since they said the dogs hit.. I do hope they’re onto something but it seems to be slipping away from them...
Rebecca Reusch vermisst: Kleinstadt in Brandenburg im Visier der Kripo | Welt
I don't understand either. If I was Rebecca's mum and dogs hit several times in the same area, I'd be so pissed if LE were just giving the dogs a rest. You know? Not acceptable. I'm sure there are more trained dogs they could use if they wanted to give the dogs a rest. The dog trainer herself spoke on this. Every second that goes by where they aren't doing anything is possibly the second between life and death for Rebecca. I'm angry with the LE and investigators on this case.

I wish I understood why LE does not seem to pursue her leaving voluntarily and meeting someone. She is a beautiful young lady and her pictures are all over SM and she had a reported 86,000 Instagram followers. Someone could have seen her on SM, contacted her, offering modeling opportunities etc. and she could have left to meet them and gotten in over her head.
The hair in the trunk has been proven not to be hers. Cadaver dogs never hit on the home or the car. Casts of tire tracks in one searched area were not from his car. Her mother reported an Internet contact called Max or Maxi. Her friends and teachers reported that they don't think she is dead but has left voluntarily.
https://www.berliner-kurier.de/berl...er-raetselraten-um-vermisste-rebecca-32101732
This is all of the same questions I have. It's almost as if they are trying to pin it on BIL. And why isn't the family pursuing the Max theory themselves? A couple of days after Rebecca was reported missing the father said in an interview "we have to move on and get back to our normal lives" and I was SO shocked!! None of this makes any sense.

16:21: For seven weeks missing from Rebecca Reusch from Berlin every track. Although the police only announced last week that they want to continue the search for the girl soon, so far there seems to be no active search for the 15-year-olds. In conversation with t-online a police spokeswomanexplains: "The state of affairs is unchanged. There is nothing new in the case. The investigators evaluate all possible traces and hints. Searches can change at any time when investigators have news again. "

Whether the investigators are currently following a hot track, the spokeswoman could not say.

Update from April 9th: High pressure continues to work on the Rebecca case. As reported by the Berliner Morgenpost , two homicide commissions are now operating together. Thomas Scherhant, head of the cold-cases department at the Berlin LKA, describes the work as the "gathering up of cobweb-like facts".

Search for Missing Rebecca: Policeman shocks with statement on TV
20:53: It is shocking statements that a police spokesman in conversation with n-tv now expressed. Although the Berlin investigators want to continue in the next few days the search for the 15-year-olds, the outcome of the search seems uncertain. The speaker admits in the interview then even: "It is not clear whether we find her."

20:17 : In the case of Rebecca, there is apparently another statement. As Martin Steltner, spokesman for the Berlin prosecutor told Bild , there could still be a turnaround. "We are confident that we will soon find a new and important clue that could lead us to Rebecca," Steltner is quoted as saying.
Rebecca Reusch (Berlin) vermisst: Zwei Mordkommissionen beteiligt - Polizist schockt mit Aussage | Welt
If I am not mistaken that RRs folowwers extended soon as her disapearnce became a high class profile case in Germany.but you are right.
It is stated that she spend the weekend at her Sis house,great weather about 15-20 C, went to the playground with her niece(s) Who knows...it would not be the first time,that a perp would plan an abduction in a way that it seems so unlikely to believe it!

Last edited:
My issue STILL is why would she go to meet someone so early on a Monday morning before school and with the magenta blanket? I don’t see anyone making that kind of a date with someone off the internet at that hour.
I still believe the blanket is gone to cover up evidence.

G
My issue STILL is why would she go to meet someone so early on a Monday morning before school and with the magenta blanket? I don’t see anyone making that kind of a date with someone off the internet at that hour.
This article states that she had had an argument with some kids at school and wanted to change schools. What was going on that she wanted to leave her friends and school and start over somewhere else? That is pretty drastic thing to do so late in high school. She only had two yeas left. So, did she actually act on that?
Also, it is always assumed that she left the house at 7 o'clock am but her sister who left at that time did not look in on her to know that. BIL said he did not see her at 8:30 am when he looked. She could simply have been in another part of the house, staying out of sight until the BIL left. She could have taken the blanket to keep warm in the attic or basement and then left the house at any time during the day meeting someone.

My frustrations come from so many assumptions by LE , that are proving not to be true, and the biggest one for me is the insistence that she did not leave the home alive. I think that was a huge mistake.

Google Translate

Original in German:
Vater spricht in BILD: Wo ist meine Tochter Rebecca (15)?

Her mother addressed the situation with her blanket and why she took it with her a long time ago. Rebecca's mother told her to bring her blanket with her to meet the Max guy from the Internet because if she was to sit on the ground she would get a bladder infection. Who the heck says that?? It was a very fishy answer and a very odd thing to tell your daughter which is why her mothers explanation is so twisted. At least to me. Maybe it's a normal thing in Germany, idk?

Also, the blanket fibers being in the trunk makes complete sense to me. If she was sleeping at her sisters house she could have just tossed her stuff in the boot of the car. And the hair in the trunk wasn't Rebecca's. None of the police dogs hit on that car or in the house.

MOD EDIT - LINK : https://www.archyworldys.com/rebecc...le-fleece-blanket-the-mother-has-a-suspicion/

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca Reusch from Berlin-Neukölln Police are looking for missing student at Herzberger Lake.

After a break of several days, the Berlin police are again looking for dogs with the missing pupil Rebecca Reusch. Investigators were on Wednesday morning again at the lake Herzberg in Brandenburg in action, as a police spokeswoman said. Diver operations are not planned yet.

In the meantime, more than 2,200 reports from the population were received by the police. With great effort repeatedly Brandenburg forest pieces and several lakes south of the highway 12 Berlin-Frankfurt (Oder) were combed. Also on and in Herzberg Lake about 60 kilometers southeast of the capital, the investigators were already. The search has so far been unsuccessful.

Rebecca Reusch aus Berlin-Neukölln: Polizei sucht am Herzberger See nach vermisster Schülerin - Berlin - Tagesspiegel Mobil

Her mother addressed the situation with her blanket and why she took it with her a long time ago. Rebecca's mother told her to bring her blanket with her to meet the Max guy from the Internet because if she was to sit on the ground she would get a bladder infection. Who the heck says that?? It was a very fishy answer and a very odd thing to tell your daughter which is why her mothers explanation is so twisted. At least to me. Maybe it's a normal thing in Germany, idk?

Also, the blanket fibers being in the trunk makes complete sense to me. If she was sleeping at her sisters house she could have just tossed her stuff in the boot of the car. And the hair in the trunk wasn't Rebecca's. None of the police dogs hit on that car or in the house.

i had never heard that before i moved to europe, but yes, it is something people say (@bladder infection.) . maybe it's an old wives' tale, but i have a friend who has always told me this, and i've been told not to sit directly on the snow or cold ground by a doctor once, too, or possibly get a UTI. sounds wacky, but i tend to think it's a common way of thinking here during the winters.

I never heard that the mother gave an explanation for her taking the blanket as to not get an infection... I think that story is super fishy to me, in the beginning when everyone was talking about the blanket the parents swore up and down she had no boyfriend or love interest to meet with. Wouldn’t this have been the perfect time to tell the blanket/uti/Maxi conversation???
is there a source for this? It sounds like a made up story in hindsight so that the investigators track down Maxi instead. Which, totally makes sense for a family who is unconvinced that the police are looking in the right direction.
I agree that their inability to stop and say that they’re willing to try other avenues is so so detrimental to the case and seems pretty unprofessional.
I don’t like how every bit they find though, the family turns around and has some strange explanation that feels much too late.
I do think it’s absurd that LE said rebecca did not make it out of the house alive without the evidence. It’s one thing to assume it, but another completely to declare it to the media as fact.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back