OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s next?
Mid-April: Special prosecutor Angie Canepa and Fredericka Wagner’s attorney James Owen plan to hash out an agreement on what can and cannot be discussed with media.

April 30: Deadline to provide all evidence (called discovery) to attorneys for Rita Newcomb and Fredericka Wagner.

May 13: Edward "Jake" Wagner pretrial.

May 15: George “Billy” Wagner pretrial.

May 16: Angela Wagner pretrial.

May 23: George Wagner IV pretrial.

June 1: Deadline for prosecutors to provide all evidence to attorneys for Angela Wagner, George Wagner IV, and George “Billy” Wagner III.

June 14: Rita Newcomb pretrial.

June 26: Fredericka Wagner pretrial.

July 8 – July 11: Rita Newcomb’s trial.

July 29-Aug. 2: Fredericka Wagner’s trial.

Sept. 1: Deadline for defense attorneys for Angela Wagner and George “Billy” Wagner III to file substantive motions.

Sept. 16: Hearing on non-substantive motions in Angela Wagner’s case. Deadline for prosecutors to file written responses to substantive motions in her case.

Sept. 17: Hearing on non-substantive motions in George “Billy” Wagner III’s case. Deadline for prosecutors to file written responses to substantive motions in his

Your Right But If I Had Been Charged With This Crime Of Capital Murder I Sure Wouldn’t Set There In Front Of The Judge, The Families Of The Victims And National TV, And Smile, Laugh, And Give The Judge and Prosecuting Attorney,Dirty Looks Or Try To Stir Them Down.
With all said a person actions can show if they are innocent or guilty, the Wagners acts like this is some kind of game of cat and mouse, if I was settling in front of that judge and he ask me if I had anything to say, I would be begging my innocence to him and the family of the victims! So I ask you Sleuthinsleuther you have seen Jake laugh, smiling and smirking in court, Fredericka trying to play stir down with prosecutors, Billy walking around with his chest stuck out, George the 3rd giving looks to kill at the Judge and Prosecuting Attorney, Angela comes out in jail clothes when she can wear street clothing and she gives little smirk to the camera every chance she can, Rita is the one that is in the worst shape, she has no money to get a mouthful Attorney like FW, she is scared of prison and she knows that she messes up believing in her daughter. JMO
Nope me either but everyone handles these things differently.

Are you saying the F150 was hers? It looks like that is a phone beside her name.

BTW- they are listed in alphabetical order, so we can’t go by where F-150 falls in the list to mean anything more than it starts with an F :)
Thanks, in looking at it again I can see you're correct about the F-150. Someone else mentions that the F-150 Garmin GPS is a Ford truck with yhat GPS installed. The second listed F-150 though, the Samsung one, is a tablet. All a little confusing about those two. Why I mentioned it was I was guessing that those two GPSs, CRSR and the F-150 Garmin, are the only two vehicle GPS that the prosecution are using in trial?

Considering it is usually Love or Money...was it more money than love?
How did George Sr's probate go...Had FW trimmed her $ support of them?
Was Sophie to be future heir? Afraid a Rhoden could gain control of something in future thru Sophie?
W's wanted to get Rhoden property thru Sophie?
Did FW know RN did forgery?
Did Sophie stay with W's from before Kylie was born thru the massacre?
If so, where was she while they murdered the Rhoden's?
Did W's have any friends before murder? I have missed it if there has been anything mentioned on it.
Do you feel all 4 were shooters?
AND, how in heck do you try each of these people and not have testimony and evidence screw up other cases?
I know, too many questions?

I didn't read your posts as trying to discredit any witness testimony. I fully understood what you were saying. To add my "What If" I will say this... some juvenile records should, and IMO will be brought to light. JMO and IMO.
I agree with you. Just like an accused can bring baggage to their trial and have a prosecutor try and get that on the trial record. The defense will also try and bring in the prosecution witnesses life's baggage to question their truthfulness. And it works both ways, the defense is already working hard to bring in FW's stellar character to the court record. On the juvenile records being allowed onto the record, it will be what the judge rules is relevent to showing any truthfulness issues or bias. jmo

Was Sophie to be future heir? Afraid a Rhoden could gain control of something in future thru Sophie?
Did W's have any friends before murder? I have missed it if there has been anything mentioned on it.
AND, how in heck do you try each of these people and not have testimony and evidence screw up other cases?
In AW discover it mentions Lanent zprint Analysis in West Virginia, standards being tested. Only GW3, GW4 and JW 's standards are listed as being tested, not AW's. Do you think that's a clue that she was not out in a vehicle that night?

I agree with you. Just like an accused can bring baggage to their trial and have a prosecutor try and get that on the trial record. The defense will also try and bring in the prosecution witnesses life's baggage to question their truthfulness. And it works both ways, the defense is already working hard to bring in FW's stellar character to the court record. On the juvenile records being allowed onto the record, it will be what the judge rules is relevent to showing any truthfulness issues or bias. jmo
Your right it does work both ways I can’t wait until the prosecutor brings all of <modsnip - demeaning family member’s> Fredericka law suits to court and all of Billy’s /Angela thievery and waving a gun around in traffic, yell boy let’s bring it out. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, in looking at it again I can see you're correct about the F-150. Someone else mentions that the F-150 Garmin GPS is a Ford truck with yhat GPS installed. The second listed F-150 though, the Samsung one, is a tablet. All a little confusing about those two. Why I mentioned it was I was guessing that those two GPSs, CRSR and the F-150 Garmin, are the only two vehicle GPS that the prosecution are using in trial?

I wonder if DR and HR had a gps? I wonder why CSR's would be part of the discovery evidence?

A guess- Maybe to point to locations where a W4 may have also been? Just a guess

It would be great if members could help by posting any links to discovery docs in the Media and Timelines thread. Please help us get them all. Its a volunteer effort. Thanks!
Hey Betty we all know that a person is innocent until proven guilty, but all of us needs to remember that the Rhodens and little Hannah Gilley is not here to defended their self in a court of law and that is what gives us the right to make assessments of who we think could be guilty, the Victim had their rights taken away, and the Wagners have not did or said anything in court yet to convince me other wise, I am a tax payer in the state of Ohio and that gives me a right to voice my opinion of the Wagners, I’m having a really hard time thinking that little Chris begged for his life and in my mind I can see the killers laughing at him before they shot the kid. JMO

What’s next?
Mid-April: Special prosecutor Angie Canepa and Fredericka Wagner’s attorney James Owen plan to hash out an agreement on what can and cannot be discussed with media.

April 30: Deadline to provide all evidence (called discovery) to attorneys for Rita Newcomb and Fredericka Wagner.

May 13: Edward "Jake" Wagner pretrial.

May 15: George “Billy” Wagner pretrial.

May 16: Angela Wagner pretrial.

May 23: George Wagner IV pretrial.

June 1: Deadline for prosecutors to provide all evidence to attorneys for Angela Wagner, George Wagner IV, and George “Billy” Wagner III.

June 14: Rita Newcomb pretrial.

June 26: Fredericka Wagner pretrial.

July 8 – July 11: Rita Newcomb’s trial.

July 29-Aug. 2: Fredericka Wagner’s trial.

Sept. 1: Deadline for defense attorneys for Angela Wagner and George “Billy” Wagner III to file substantive motions.

Sept. 16: Hearing on non-substantive motions in Angela Wagner’s case. Deadline for prosecutors to file written responses to substantive motions in her case.

Sept. 17: Hearing on non-substantive motions in George “Billy” Wagner III’s case. Deadline for prosecutors to file written responses to substantive motions in his

JB, you forgot one, EJW:

04/16/2019 09:30 AM STATUS CONFERENCE DEERING, RANDY D

https://pikecountycpcourtcourt.org

This was discussed in court at his hearing April 4. JW said he won't attend the conference.

I wonder if DR and HR had a gps? I wonder why CSR's would be part of the discovery evidence?

A guess- Maybe to point to locations where a W4 may have also been? Just a guess
Maybe CRSR's will show his movements that day, if they have bearing on how the events played out? That other GPS with the the F-150 truck, was that red pickup a Ford truck? If not, did and of the R victims or accused W's drive a Ford truck?

Hey Betty we all know that a person is innocent until proven guilty, but all of us needs to remember that the Rhodens and little Hannah Gilley is not here to defended their self in a court of law and that is what gives us the right to make assessments of who we think could be guilty, the Victim had their rights taken away, and the Wagners have not did or said anything in court yet to convince me other wise, I am a tax payer in the state of Ohio and that gives me a right to voice my opinion of the Wagners, I’m having a really hard time thinking that little Chris begged for his life and in my mind I can see the killers laughing at him before they shot the kid. JMO
It's truly heartbreaking when the particulars of how these murders occured slap you right in the face. The horror of it all is wrenching to the soul. RIP Rhoden family and young Miss Gilley, may justice be done for you all.

Jmo did anyone watch the David Westerfield trial? I will never forget it. It was absolutely horrible how David’s defense went after the little girls parents. The loss they suffered then to be torn apart on the stand and in the media was unbelievable. And to top it off after the trial it was reported David was just about to sign a plea agreement to tell le where her body was just minutes before her little body was found and yet that never made it into the trial. Thank God the jury found him guilty but what I am trying to say is as bad as it sounds there will probably be bad things brought out at the trial about the victims as well as witnesses. If the Wagners are guilty I hope the jury sees through the mud and find them guilty, but at the same time I don’t just someone to pay for this horrible crime, I want to make sure the right people pay for the loss the the R and G lives. Jmo

I have likely stated this before, but... I've asked folks who have been incarcerated for a stint or two, what they've found to be the main reasons that folks end up in there, for murder. Answer; Money, Females, Drugs (or any combo of the three). In this case, I think it could be any combo of the three, and maybe one that's not even in the top three.

GWSr. probate has FW as his Fiduciary. Considering RW's salary, I don't see FW as being having loose purse strings.

I don't see them wanting to get the Rs property through S. Her share is extremely small. There are two other surviving cousins, her 1/2 sib, KR's daughters, and son, TR, & BR. The land was in an et al.

No clue, but she sure knows now.

I believe S did stay w/the Ws from the previous Fri. I'm not going to venture a guess at who she stayed with, at this point, as it could be any one of the Ws, the Ns, or someone else entirely.

I believe the Ws had an extremely small circle of friends, and the boys' circle seemed to pretty much be a dot.

I'm leaning toward two shooters at this point. Just the current vibe I'm getting, but, that's subject to change at any given moment.

I feel that they will have to have four separate trials, four separate juries (possibly sequestered), and it's possible they will have to move the trials out of Pike Co. I don't see how they can do it either, and they can't take a chance on a mistrial.

Jmo did anyone watch the David Westerfield trial? I will never forget it. It was absolutely horrible how David’s defense went after the little girls parents. The loss they suffered then to be torn apart on the stand and in the media was unbelievable. And to top it off after the trial it was reported David was just about to sign a plea agreement to tell le where her body was just minutes before her little body was found and yet that never made it into the trial. Thank God the jury found him guilty but what I am trying to say is as bad as it sounds there will probably be bad things brought out at the trial about the victims as well as witnesses. If the Wagners are guilty I hope the jury sees through the mud and find them guilty, but at the same time I don’t just someone to pay for this horrible crime, I want to make sure the right people pay for the loss the the R and G lives. Jmo

I did and it was horrible. Her parents likely felt some responsibility and guilt

I think in this case, the defense will embarrass and shame them jmo.
They seem like a strong family but that is too much of a burden to place on people.

However, the defense does have right to a fair trial. I hope they receive a fair trial but I also hope if the jury finds them guilty that they remember every insulting non-necessary defense bullying (and their giggles and laughter) to give them the DP.

I don't want the DP per se. I want them to sit in a small cell by themselves for 23 hours a day, no activities at all, no library, no jobs. I want them to have nothing. They will never regret what they did and I want their remaining time on earth to suck for them. That's the least they can do for 4 kids and the R's, M's and G's. The R, M and G FB pages that were public appeared to show so much love between them. I never for 1 second thought the W's had 'love' between them.

I have likely stated this before, but... I've asked folks who have been incarcerated for a stint or two, what they've found to be the main reasons that folks end up in there, for murder. Answer; Money, Females, Drugs (or any combo of the three). In this case, I think it could be any combo of the three, and maybe one that's not even in the top three.

GWSr. probate has FW as his Fiduciary. Considering RW's salary, I don't see FW as being having loose purse strings.

I don't see them wanting to get the Rs property through S. Her share is extremely small. There are two other surviving cousins, her 1/2 sib, KR's daughters, and son, TR, & BR. The land was in an et al.

I believe S did stay w/the Ws from the previous Fri. I'm not going to venture a guess at who she stayed with, at this point, as it could be any one of the Ws, the Ns, or someone else entirely.

I believe the Ws had an extremely small circle of friends, and the boys' circle seemed to pretty much be a dot.

I'm leaning toward two shooters at this point. Just the current vibe I'm getting, but, that's subject to change at any given moment.

I feel that they will have to have four separate trials, four separate juries (possibly sequestered), and it's possible they will have to move the trials out of Pike Co. I don't see how they can do it either, and they can't take a chance on a mistrial.

How do you think that GWSR had a 700k approx life insurance policy on him without having a beneficiary? Wouldn't it have been outrageously priced? How can you have 2 life insurance policies without beneficiaries either? I know someone that at age 62 a\their $ 100k life insurance policy was raised to $ 3000? You have to cut your losses at some point and I don't even begin to understand that.

The only 'friends' that I know of are 'pastors' and their families in Alaska? It would take a lot for me to speak up in defense of a family accused of murdering 8 people including 1 minor and leaving 4 children without a parent/parents.

I agree about the separate trials. I 'hope' that the trials will be moved to a Cincinnati area county.

My theory is that one drove, one was a lookout and 2 were shooters. I would have made every single person kill at least one just so they couldn't cut a deal. Wasn't their blood in multiple seat locations (on the carpet) in the black truck?

There are so many rumors. We probably won't learn much about that night til the trials start.

Where did the rumor of CRJR begging for his life begin? Seems i remember reading something like that on a website that is now defunct so it is impossible to trace it back from there.

Since Angela's discovery mentions women's boots, I'm not sure she was one that may have stayed home. JMO

How do you think that GWSR had a 700k approx life insurance policy on him without having a beneficiary? Wouldn't it have been outrageously priced? How can you have 2 life insurance policies without beneficiaries either? I know someone that at age 62 a\their $ 100k life insurance policy was raised to $ 3000? You have to cut your losses at some point and I don't even begin to understand that.

The only 'friends' that I know of are 'pastors' and their families in Alaska? It would take a lot for me to speak up in defense of a family accused of murdering 8 people including 1 minor and leaving 4 children without a parent/parents.

I agree about the separate trials. I 'hope' that the trials will be moved to a Cincinnati area county.

My theory is that one drove, one was a lookout and 2 were shooters. I would have made every single person kill at least one just so they couldn't cut a deal. Wasn't their blood in multiple seat locations (on the carpet) in the black truck?

There are so many rumors. We probably won't learn much about that night til the trials start.

I don't know. I didn't dig into how GWSr's probate went, nor his life insurance. I just know that FW is the fiduciary. AW appeared to have gotten a home to live in from her father's death, but I didn't dig into that probate either. I could be wrong, but I don't feel that either man's probate had anything to do with the murders, so I left that rabbit hole alone.

Idk that even the pastor and the W4 family were any more than old friends left over from Ohio, with whom they visited when they went to AK. I feel like the W4s are/were a very insular family.

I don't recall offhand, whose discovery the carpet snippings has shown up in, from the vehicle that was sold, but, iirc, G4 doesn't have any DNA in his discovery.

We may not learn the whole of it all for at least 2-3 years, maybe longer (if ever). I hope that's not the case, b/c I still believe there is more to this than the control of children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member