Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the lack of police activity that puzzles me, apart from the search of the lake early on.

The other thing I find odd is there doesn't seem to be a POI, or if there is TVP haven't bothered to have them in for an interview.
The lack of a POI or car description is also puzzling me- There are lots of CCTV around that location. They have a known location and time for her captured on one of them. That means LE have looked at that camera and presumably also all the cameras around that one for her and anybody or anything suspicious for a few hours or even days before and after she disappeared. This review must have yielded absolutely nothing of value to release to the public. That means she left that area in a way that wasn't captured on CCTV or she is still in that area inside a home or in the water.

I listened to the radio interview again today. I don't find the advice Leah's mum gave her to vary her routine any way unusual, but what did strike me is that she very specifically mentioned kidnap. Not attack, assault, mug, rob, murder but kidnap. It got me wondering and these are just my own thoughts and pure speculation but was Leah's mum worried someone might try to kidnap her? Someone with a grudge against Leah or the family, a bitter ex, a jealous Taekwondo competitor, a disgruntled customer from her workplace. It did briefly cross my mind that there might have been some sort of Tiger kidnapping, no one seeing her leave her house the morning of the 14th and the cctv of the 15th still doesn't sit right with me. Just my own ramblings.

Sorry,but your link does not work.
How many are cases of a young British girl on her way to work?

Thank you.These ones have been discussed on earlier posts.

The two attempted kidnap incidents sound similar to me - grey adidas top and bottom (Marlborough Street) + grey top and bottom (Bletcham Way). And the man sounds like a scruff with his beany hat, earring and cannabis stink.
There was never any update from the police regarding the CCTV from the day before Leah went missing, which showed a man walking behind her on her route to work. I seem to remember he was wearing casual attire similar to the above. I have tried to search for the CCTV on google but can no longer find it. I'm surprised that they didn't at least provide an update and say that he has been ruled out or that they have still been unable to identify him.

Last edited:
There was never any update from the police regarding the CCTV from the day before Leah went missing, which showed a man walking behind her on her route to work. I seem to remember he was wearing casual attire similar to the above. I have tried to search for the CCTV on google but can no longer find it. I'm surprised that they didn't at least provide an update and say that he has been ruled out or that they have still been unable to identify him.

This is still bugging me too. They would usually clarify if it was not a POI.

I might be wrong, but I believe the CCTV was released by local media on their Facebook.

Yesterday I had a day off and was wandering along the sea front (keeping a very optimistic eye out for anyone who may resemble Leah as I people-watched in the sunshine). I had a thought that, despite the sun, it still wasn’t quite warm and sunny enough to prompt that feeling of being pulled to a different place/life where problems seem more solveable or less significant and I still don’t think Leah ran away by herself.

I wonder what she is eating, how she is getting clean clothes or new clothes, how she is managing her periods (well, not specifically how Leah is but how someone in her circumstances is), how and if she is accessing internet, how she is thinking about friends and family and what she would like to say to them. I wonder if she has seen her missing posters online or if she has seen the posters or banners outside. I wonder what conversations she is having and what conversations she is hearing. I wonder what exercises she does and if she is walking and feeling the sun on her face. I wonder if she talks about the family holiday that she missed. I wonder where she sleeps and how she gets hold of headache pills, whether she chose her own toothbrush.

Get in touch, Leah. Pop into a police station or go to a friend’s house. Just turn up anywhere.

I am still baffled how much of anything can take place without being on camera in England. They seem to have an excellent system. Could she have deliberately moved off camera? If so, where might that be? Are the cameras obvious? All the cases I have followed in UK seem to involve lots of footage, especially when LE has an idea of the person’s probable starting point and destination.

If I was in England, I would assume I was always on CCTV, unless maybe in a very small village. Criminals must be very daring there lol.

Tracksuits are the go-to attire for many young men. I'm afraid a grey Addidas tracky is not much help in identifying a suspect.

The guy behind Leah on the Heart MK CCTV is in dark blue tracksuit bottoms (might be Addidas, there is a white stripe) and a dark jacket of some kind. I wonder why no other news outlet has picked up the video?

There is a Reddit thread where a supposed Police insider shares some views on Leah's case and is specifically asked about the man in the CCTV.

I am still baffled how much of anything can take place without being on camera in England. They seem to have an excellent system. Could she have deliberately moved off camera? If so, where might that be? Are the cameras obvious? All the cases I have followed in UK seem to involve lots of footage, especially when LE has an idea of the person’s probable starting point and destination.

If I was in England, I would assume I was always on CCTV, unless maybe in a very small village. Criminals must be very daring there lol.
Much is made of "Big Brother" in England, but the reality is that most of it is in the capital. The cameras I see where I live are mostly around shops and petrol stations. You'll get the occasional old boy with nothing better to do who has set one up, but that's about it in suburbia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member