GUILTY MN - Landen Hoffmann, 5, thrown from 3rd Floor at Mall of America by stranger, 12 Apr 2019 *Arrest*

This is local to me.
I don't even want to hear about how he "fell through the cracks" of a "broken mental health system." No. Mentally ill people are largely harmless, and sociopaths belong in prison.
The little guy is fortunate to be in Minnesota where their medical facilities are second to none.

The little guy is fortunate to be in Minnesota where their medical facilities are second to none.
I hope he makes it.
This one hit me hard, I guess because I used to take my kids there when they were little. I CAN imagine it happening to my guy. He's 25 now but I still get emotional just thinking about someone harming him. I wish MN had the death penalty.

Regarding Landen , there is a great medical facility just in Minneapolis. He will be getting the best care-- hopefully it is enough !
I'm glad his family is not giving up hope. Makes me think the damage wasn't as bad as thought ?

Last edited:
Emph. mine
Re. your post --
Is it ok to mention the death penalty in a comment as long as we do not go into detail ?
Can someone chime in here ?
Thanks.

As far as Landen , there is a great medical facility just in Minneapolis. He will be getting the best care-- hopefully it is enough !

WS does not allow discussion of the DP. We prefer that you stay away from referring to it because, in our experience, it usually devolves into discussion and then bickering about the DP. This detracts from the facts of the thread and can result in a lot of extra work for WS staff to clean up the resultant mess.

Like gun control, religion, race, orientation, etc. ... the DP is just one of those social justice issues that will never be agreed upon by everyone, and nothing that is said will change anyone else's mind.

Friends of the family described Landen as 'the sweetest, kindest five-year-old you will ever meet. His soul is soft and gentle and instantly brings a smile to everybody he meets. He is full of energy and life and enjoys soccer, playing with friends and family and playing hockey with his brother and sister.'

They wrote in a post Sunday he 'is still continuing to fight'. 'He had a peaceful sleep and is still continuing to fight his courageous battle, he's a strong survivor!'

LH1.jpg LH2.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-suspect-threw-boy-balcony--raises-370k.html

Wellwishers have already donated more than $500,000 to Landen’s family.

It may take time, but we're praying you'll eventually make a full recovery. Bless you sweet child.

Last edited:
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. —The Minneapolis man arrested for throwing a five-year-old boy over a Mall of America balcony Friday told police he had come to the mall on Thursday intending to kill an adult, but that it did not “work out,” according to the complaint.

He returned Friday and chose the boy instead.

Police: Mall of America suspect told police he went there intending...
SABBM

Oh my word.
Like that's supposed to make us feel better ?
What is his problem ? Other than that he's evil.

I haven't found any updates on Landen. :(

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. —The Minneapolis man arrested for throwing a five-year-old boy over a Mall of America balcony Friday told police he had come to the mall on Thursday intending to kill an adult, but that it did not “work out,” according to the complaint.

He returned Friday and chose the boy instead.

Police: Mall of America suspect told police he went there intending...
From your link:
When police confronted him, he was calm and did not question why he was being placed under arrest.

He told police he knew what he was planning to do was wrong. He said he had formed a plan to kill someone at the mall Thursday. He had planned to kill an adult, because “they usually stand near the balcony,” the complaint said.

Aranda said he’d been coming to the mall for years, had tried to speak to women there and they had rejected him. He said that rejection made him lash out and act aggressively.

From your link:
When police confronted him, he was calm and did not question why he was being placed under arrest.

He told police he knew what he was planning to do was wrong. He said he had formed a plan to kill someone at the mall Thursday. He had planned to kill an adult, because “they usually stand near the balcony,” the complaint said.

Aranda said he’d been coming to the mall for years, had tried to speak to women there and they had rejected him. He said that rejection made him lash out and act aggressively.

Another man with women issues.

I haven't found any updates on Landen. :(

Snipped for relevance.

Sadly, I don't think there will be any good news about little Landen. Landen was in a full cardiac arrest with CPR administered at the scene, with massive head trauma, and a large pool of blood around his head. CPR continued as the EMS crew transported him, based on witness accounts and local articles. That means they got his heart beating again somewhere between the mall, and the ER. ICU management of the effects of massive head trauma on days 2, 3, and subsequently is not simple or easy. I could go into details, but I think most probably just don't want to know.

I don't want to minimize the power of hope and prayer, but the reality of pediatric massive head trauma with a cardiac arrest at the scene is bleak. I posted about this extensively in the Rebecca Zahau threads a long while back. If little Landen lives, he will likely be in a permanent neurologically devastated state. Here's one study-- if interested, search "pediatric head trauma with cardiac arrest outcomes" or something similar.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10460086

RESULTS:
In this large metropolitan county, 65 children suffered cardiac arrest following blunt trauma. Accidents involving motor vehicles were the mechanisms responsible for 80% of these injuries. The average Injury Severity Score was 50.3. Mortality was largely related to severe head injury as manifested by a mean Abbreviated Injury Score for head and neck equal to 5.9. All but one of these patients died despite resuscitation. Ninety-four percent of these children died within the first 24 hours of injury. The single survivor was discharged in a vegetative state. Solid organs were obtained from 9% of the patients.

CONCLUSION:
The outcome from blunt cardiac arrest in children is rapidly and nearly uniformly fatal despite resuscitation. Because severe head injuries resulting in brain death are the leading cause of mortality, a significant percentage of organ donations are obtained from these patients.

From your link:

Psychopath. He knew it was wrong. wow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back