Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I certainly won’t be watching this if it is shown here it’s not right.

They will not log me as part of their viewership numbers either. I will not watch it then nor as a rerun nor online.

It is just WRONG and they are taking advantage of her for nothing more than profit; if not their reason, they would listen to the family's wishes. She is a minor and does not want it told--back off Lifetime.

jmo.

APR 2, 2019
Celebration and benefit honoring Jayme Closs to be held in Barron
Capture103.JPG

A celebration with food and music commemorating the safe return of Barron teen, Jayme Closs will be held the first Saturday of May.

The event will also be a benefit for Bob and Jennifer Smith, Jayme’s relatives.

The benefit proceeds will go to the family for general expenses and to help accommodate Jayme.

It will be held May 4th from 10 A.M. to 4 P.M. at Barron High School Commons Gym.

Food will be served from 11 A.M. to 2 P.M. Spaghetti, Breadsticks, Coleslaw, cookies and beverages are on the menu.

There will be a short program at 2 P.M. in the gym with a live auction to follow.

[...]
This is surprising to me as well, at least the fundraising part is. I thought the online fundraiser collected a lot of money?

ETA: never mind. They didn’t raise nearly as much as I thought they had online.

I wonder at what point the Closs family will chose to avoid the publicity and even fund raisers?

I think they will eventually try and step back into the typical, every day routine, and although the public won't ever forget Jaymee and her story, at least allow it to fade from the public's memory as much as possible.

I often wonder how Jayme is truly doing these days? I hope she is receiving all the counseling and therapy she needs and is learning how to live this 'new normal' that was forced upon her. She is a survivor for sure and that strength will help her heal IMO. God Bless her and the Closs family.

I wonder at what point the Closs family will chose to avoid the publicity and even fund raisers?

I think they will eventually try and step back into the typical, every day routine, and although the public won't ever forget Jaymee and her story, at least allow it to fade from the public's memory as much as possible.

I often wonder how Jayme is truly doing these days? I hope she is receiving all the counseling and therapy she needs and is learning how to live this 'new normal' that was forced upon her. She is a survivor for sure and that strength will help her heal IMO. God Bless her and the Closs family.
After JP is sentenced and sent to prison I would think things will quiet down but the interest will stay strong for longer than usual. The combination of murders and kidnapping were exceptional to most previous crimes. JP's outspoken comments about JC don't help. Pleading guilty I do thank him for so that all the details, photos, and JC probably having to testify in some form won't happen.

The people of Barron and JC's family, to expedite the media to drop off and on to other news, will have to stop interviews and public events. There will be books and movies no doubt. The public interest is there and strong.

I doubt we'll hear from JC prior to graduating HS. She really needs to have a normal childhood, as much as possible. By all accounts she has a terrific family and town support network.

Yes, I send Jayme and her family love and prayers for healing every day. I take comfort from survivors such as Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard, who have managed to rebuild their lives. May Jayme be similarly blessed to survive and thrive.

After JP is sentenced and sent to prison I would think things will quiet down but the interest will stay strong for longer than usual. The combination of murders and kidnapping were exceptional to most previous crimes. JP's outspoken comments about JC don't help. Pleading guilty I do thank him for so that all the details, photos, and JC probably having to testify in some form won't happen.

The people of Barron and JC's family, to expedite the media to drop off and on to other news, will have to stop interviews and public events. There will be books and movies no doubt. The public interest is there and strong.

I doubt we'll hear from JC prior to graduating HS. She really needs to have a normal childhood, as much as possible. By all accounts she has a terrific family and town support network.

RBBM

I hope so as well, but we've seen how JP loves the limelight. Time will tell.

JMVHO.

I dont get how somebody like Smart can take part in the sensationalism with lifetime with a minor as the victim especially knowing the first hand experience herself.

I agree, I am so disappointed in Ms. Smart. I don't think she was upfront and truthful with the town, Jayme's family and the community. She initially gave the impression she was there to help Jamie and the community heal, not revealing her motive was really money, and digging up information for her Lifetime special. The community seemed to support her 100% and welcomed her with open arms. In my mind, she is a predator of the worst kind, using her kidnapping and kindness to gain access to victims. Could any legal action be taken for her and Lifetime exploiting Jaymie?
This will affect her reputation in the long run. Hopefully, victims, will be more cautious of this in the future.
JMHO

The reasoning behind no prosecution for the charges in Douglas County is to assure the victim does not have to relive whatever abuse she suffered. It would be overkill with his pending plea. He will be right where he belongs and he will not do well among the population. Funny even criminals have some sense of standards. I hope Jayme does not let this heinous act define her. She is free to live on and make her parents proud. She is a brave and strong young lady. Godspeed Jayme.

I dont get how somebody like Smart can take part in the sensationalism with lifetime with a minor as the victim especially knowing the first hand experience herself.
They are survivors you and I will never know what empowers them. When victims get a voice it does give them some relief. I have worked hundreds of sex abuse cases and taking the stand or standing up and telling your story is a great healer for some. Others never get a voice. Smart speaks all over the U.S. to various groups. Try to catch her one time I think it will come to you. She has become somewhat of a spokesperson for victims.

They are survivors you and I will never know what empowers them. When victims get a voice it does give them some relief. I have worked hundreds of sex abuse cases and taking the stand or standing up and telling your story is a great healer for some. Others never get a voice. Smart speaks all over the U.S. to various groups. Try to catch her one time I think it will come to you. She has become somewhat of a spokesperson for victims.

I understand that ES survived her ordeals. That she has empowered herself to provide a voice for many victims.

However, Jayme’s family did not agree to this.

Including Jayme in any of this discussion, is providing a voice for someone that does not want to be spoken for. Or about.

I truly admire ES. I do not agree with the way she is handling this ‘Lifetime’ commitment. JMO.

I understand that ES survived her ordeals. That she has empowered herself to provide a voice for many victims.

However, Jayme’s family did not agree to this.

Including Jayme in any of this discussion, is providing a voice for someone that does not want to be spoken for. Or about.

I truly admire ES. I do not agree with the way she is handling this ‘Lifetime’ commitment. JMO.

Well stated, Jim_M. I wonder if ES was misled by LifeTime, had her judgement clouded by money or some other agenda, or some other reason caused her to participate in something seemingly so inappropriate and insensitive to Jayme's family's wishes. The public will probably never know the reason. Sad that victims and their families may now feel they need to be on guard against the people they had believed to be their advocates. If it were me, I would feel betrayed. MOO.

That is interesting. I wonder if he is protecting someone or he has things he does not want known. Does anyone know why his attorney would advise him not to cooperate? I have never heard of that.

His attorney doesn’t want him putting on the record any admission of criminal activity that went on in his house. He’s already admitted it to the detectives but that is not on the record and probably never will.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back