CO - Sol Pais, Threats to Columbine High and 20 other schools

FBI twitter is not stating in custody yet but they say this on the official Twitter:

We can confirm there is investigative activity around the base of Mt. Evans. The investigation is active and ongoing. More information will follow soon. #FindSol

6 replies127 retweets109 likes

@TRussellCBS4
Family wouldn’t open the door. But a man who says he is her father confirms Sol Pais lives here in Surfside. They’re encouraging her to come home. They are disbelief over the allegations and they fear she may have a mental illness if she made these threats. @CBSMiami

The family fears she may have a mental illness. If she made these threats. So I guess either they missed something in her behavior or they chose to ignore symptoms of an illness?

That was my thought. She's reclusive. Won't say hi to neighbors. It always surprises me that family members are "shocked" when one of their own does something terrible, after all those signs of mental health or alienation/anger issues.

I guess it's hard to view your own child as capable of harm to others even if there are signs that something is terribly wrong?

These cases should act as a warning. If your child is reclusive and anti-social and acting "off" or saying disturbing things, probe. Try to get them assessed. Talk about their feelings. Ask if they ever have thoughts about harming themselves. Or harming others.

Ask them about their view of the world and society.

It may not help- I think the parents of the Santa Barbara incel shooter tried super hard - but it's worth a try.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SalmonElla
Back