OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
She states he fell when he got out of the car, could a concussion or head injury explain his wandering off? After reading her account I’m still speculative of the friend, but it seems a huge possibility that he wandered off with a head injury and either expired naturally in an area where he has yet to be located, or perhaps was picked up confused and injured by someone and he either met an unnatural demise or could have died as a result of a head injury and the person who picked him up was too scared to call LE.

I’ve wondered the same. If he hit his head, it may not look like it was very hard, but it could have done damage. She said he fell, but didn’t mention hitting his head. So, idk. For all we know, he DID get picked up and is wandering around who knows where, unable to remember who he is or where he lives. Rarely, people are found in this condition. They end up at homeless shelters or someone takes them in. They get a job for a while, giving them income. That’s a possibility. I would think he would have his ID on him, though. Someone would certainly look at it and possibly help him get home. Unless he lost his wallet along the way. I’m totally thinking out loud. All jmo.

No. Bodies tend to sink, ultimately surfacing due to the formation of gasses.

In cold water, this can take several weeks to occur.

I’m not surprised with the lack of information that has been released. Unless they need the assistance of the public, they will keep the investigation quiet.
Last paragraph. Exactly! TY!

The "Dollhouse" looks like a pretty shady place. It strikes me that the wife wanted to go to a strip club with her husband and his friend on her birthday? I would be pissed! But I guess everyone is not the same and maybe they were just bar hopping. Any thoughts?

As a woman, I like going to strip clubs with friends sometimes. I actually feel safe because security is tight and they keep anyone being harassing away from women in particular. I’ve only went to nicer ones, though. It’s not something I do often, but I’m down for it when friends want to go. I respect your opinion and perspective. Many women feel exactly as you do. I just want to offer a different perspective. jmo

Honestly i don't find the whole situation odd. Especially with how much they were drinking. People can judge and say "oh my god why would they invite their male friend" or "why did they go to the strip club". PEOPLE DO THAT. Its pretty normal. That doesn't mean they put their self in a murder-some situation. People do weird things when they're drunk. I often think I'm invincible when I'm drunk and that nothing bad would ever happen to me.
Brittany also said that they had invited more people but the others didn't come.

ADMIN NOTE:

The name of the friend is not public and we don't even know if the name on a FB page is factual. Do NOT bring names over from FB and do not bring general comments over from FB and discuss them. General commenters can say all sorts of things, both nasty and nice, and we have no way of verifying who those people are. Only those comments made by an Admin of an approved missing person account are allowed for discussion at WS. If the group is closed to the public, you may not bring ANY information here from it.

Please read The Rules that Websleuths has in place, and specifically as it relates to Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Post in accordance with The Rules and you won't have any problems. Ignore those rules and you may be subject to a thread reply ban or total forum ban.

Generally the body would stay sunk until decomposition sets in. Should rise after 3-4 weeks for Ohio weather at that time of year, IMO.

So he would have been floating for weeks, or there would be an odor if he was above ground. But nothing.

Makes me wonder if he was moved from the area.
Unless he is possibly caught on something that is holding him on the bottom. ???

After listening to BD’s tone, intonation, and the way she relates the story coupled with the actions on the Facebook pages etc.... I still feel like something is off.

The extra details, the way in which she states them with a forced enthusiasm or nonchalant attitude are just throwing me off. I find it odd that they would make the Facebook page private, why even have one if you aren’t looking for the public’s help? Several times someone posted pertinent questions that were deleted by the admins with no answer given. Why?

In the podcast she’s got a million details that are not relevant, but has none when it comes to the pertinent time frame or encounters. In the podcast the narrator states that BD has been trying to get interviews with anyone that would listen, and she also states over and over again that her and the friend are not involved etc. She seems really to be trying to control how she’s seen and talked about.

The quote “the lady doth protest too much” comes to mind.

Apparently the original, approved Find Tyler Davis FB page is no longer public. Information from when it was public may be discussed, but now that it is set to private do not bring information to WS from there. Private means private.

The "other" FB that is being referred to, Tyler David - case discussion, is not an approved source as it is not a family associated social media account. Please do not discuss information from that account. Period.

The True Crime Garage podcast is an approved source at Websleuths and information from there may be discussed.

I don't know if it was a slip up, but they mention the name of the friend on the first podcast -- right around the 12 minute mark. I know we can't sleuth him, but his name is out there -- straight from BD's recollection of the evening.

After listening to BD’s tone, intonation, and the way she relates the story coupled with the actions on the Facebook pages etc.... I still feel like something is off.

The extra details, the way in which she states them with a forced enthusiasm or nonchalant attitude are just throwing me off. I find it odd that they would make the Facebook page private, why even have one if you aren’t looking for the public’s help? Several times someone posted pertinent questions that were deleted by the admins with no answer given. Why?

In the podcast she’s got a million details that are not relevant, but has none when it comes to the pertinent time frame or encounters. In the podcast the narrator states that BD has been trying to get interviews with anyone that would listen, and she also states over and over again that her and the friend are not involved etc. She seems really to be trying to control how she’s seen and talked about.

The quote “the lady doth protest too much” comes to mind.

TOTALLY agree! And I definitely agree about the her intonation in the podcast, i noticed that also.

What does bother me is this
Safety alert for the LGBTQ community as the death of Joey LaBute, Jr. remains unsolved
Columbus detectives searching for missing 26-year-old man
Undetermined cause of death for Joey Labute, was likely dead when put in water
That guy disappeared 3 years ago, was found dead in the water without water in his lungs. So he was dead before he hit the water.

A few pages back, there was a post about a man drugging men.
So I still think there is a possibility that there is a guy out there targeting young men. And that there is a possibility that someone took him.

What does bother me is this
Safety alert for the LGBTQ community as the death of Joey LaBute, Jr. remains unsolved
Columbus detectives searching for missing 26-year-old man
Undetermined cause of death for Joey Labute, was likely dead when put in water
That guy disappeared 3 years ago, was found dead in the water without water in his lungs. So he was dead before he hit the water.

A few pages back, there was a post about a man drugging men.
So I still think there is a possibility that there is a guy out there targeting young men. And that there is a possibility that someone took him.
So someone was lurking in the Easton shopping complex at 4am looking for a victim? That doesn’t seem highly likely

One way to disappear is without a trace is to fall into a sewer drain. This is a new mall and development complex, and it appears that a series of drain accesses are located throughout the area, in place of open air runoff culverts. Looking on Google Earth, you can see these drain grates placed in various locations. Image attached is of a couple of drain grates in the grass in front of Crate and Barrel, with the Hilton in the background (this is due west of the Hilton). If one of these covers was off, one could disappear quickly. If you fell in, cell reception might be questionable. Then a maintenance worker replaces the grate the next day without a thought.

Second image shows the apparent outlet from the drains along Easton Way (Crate and Barrel), which flows into Alum Creek. Alum Creek then flows south and eventually connect to Big Walnut Creek southeast of Columbus.

Third image is of sewer drain line running into Alum Creek.

If this was an accident, some low percentage occurrences probably happened to result in Tyler's disappearance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 4.54.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 4.54.12 PM.png
    396.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 5.02.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 5.02.34 PM.png
    689.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 5.13.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 5.13.13 PM.png
    685.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
So someone was lurking in the Easton shopping complex at 4am looking for a victim? That doesn’t seem highly likely
Or someone was cruising around looking for exactly this kind of victim. An intoxicated confused guy who has no clue where he's at and is freezing.
Someone could have pulled over and said something like:"you need an Uber dude?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993