Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...s-jail-for-killing-karen-20190418-p51f8x.html

Ristevski has not told police how or why he killed his 47-year-old wife in their Avondale Heights home in Melbourne's north-west on June 29, 2016.

Justice Christopher Beale said Ristevski's conduct after he killed Karen, including dumping her body in bushland, carrying her coffin at her funeral and spinning a web of deceit about her death, was a significant aggravation.

"You have finally accepted responsibility for killing Karen [but] you have not revealed how or why you have killed your wife," Justice Beale said.

"You have not taken the high road of full and frank disclosure consistent with true remorse."

Ristevski could have been jailed for up to 20 years for manslaughter.

Marnie O'Neill‏Verified account @marnieoneill7 11m11 minutes ago

I wonder how much of an impact the glowing character reference Borce Ristevski's daughter Sarah wrote had on his sentence? @newscomauHQ @Ro_Smith #Ristevski #Australia https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/borce-ristevski-sentenced-for-killing-wife-karen/news-story/fcaf9ace7a45405ccc8a9ef36ed2b4b5 …
D4ZzlyjUYAIbO5o.jpg

9 years. Eligible for parole in 6 years. So wrong. :mad:

With time already served, he will actually be eligible for parole in just 4½ years.

BBM
Borce Ristevski was jailed for nine years, with a minimum six years, for the high-profile manslaughter. With time already served, he could be eligible for parole in four-and-a-half years.

“Nothing is going to bring Karen back but today was about justice and we didn’t get justice today at all,” Karen’s brother Steve Williams said outside court.
NoCookies | The Australian
The Australian - APRIL 18, 2019

No element of deterrence, and no nod to public expectation. No disincentive for others out there contemplating the same outcome as Borce had. It was almost a textbook case and summing up by the judge on exactly how to get away with murder.

As Dr. Sleuth so bluntly put it, how on earth do the police feel? All that investigation and wading thru all the lies , the instant and relentless deception and perversion of justice, the blank wall of Sarah, who, in my opinion, probably had a lot more to do with her mothers death and hidden burial than we will all ever know, unless a sudden crisis of remorse strikes her, and she sees her ridiculous approval of her mothers murder in it's true perspective...

No wonder the police get a bit rough every now and then.

No element of deterrence, and no nod to public expectation. No disincentive for others out there contemplating the same outcome as Borce had. It was almost a textbook case and summing up by the judge on exactly how to get away with murder.

As Dr. Sleuth so bluntly put it, how on earth do the police feel? All that investigation and wading thru all the lies , the instant and relentless deception and perversion of justice, the blank wall of Sarah, who, in my opinion, probably had a lot more to do with her mothers death and hidden burial than we will all ever know, unless a sudden crisis of remorse strikes her, and she sees her ridiculous approval of her mothers murder in it's true perspective...

No wonder the police get a bit rough every now and then.

.... not to mention that he didn't even have to give his explanation of how this crime happened, in order to get such a pathetically low sentence.

.... not to mention that he didn't even have to give his explanation of how this crime happened, in order to get such a pathetically low sentence.

And.... the Judge denied the media's application to release the Police brief. So we don't even get to find out what they found, only what is in the courts transcript.

I can't believe the length of sentence but will unfortunately accept it as the judge knows the interpretation of law obviously better than me.
If I was BR I would be extremely happy with the result.

Thanks to all that commented in the posts over the past three years as I have said before there are some very smart members who maybe should have considered a career change years ago or even today for some. I know a number of KR's family often logged in to follow the various thoughts of those who posted . I know they appreciated your feelings and thoughts along the way.

Can't say I enjoyed reading the posts sometimes but it was nice to see for Karen's sake that genuine sorrow for Karen's sad ending was always shown.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and concerns in the long and sad journey.

Steve, while I am heartbroken at the sentence, I am also filled with enormous respect for you and Karen's loved ones. Your family's dignity throughout this harrowing journey is testament to the kind of values Karen obviously held so dear.

Thank you, Steve, for your respectful and insightful contributions here.

Hopefully, our justice system will be overhauled to give victims like Karen true justice.

Borce’s Ristevski’s ‘angry calls’ to Karen’s family

“When Karen’s body was discovered after eight months, you acted as a pallbearer, playing the part of the innocent grieving widower. The pretence, the rank deceit, only ended a few weeks ago.”

He said it was a “cruel” act to tell the 47-year-old’s family that they could not talk to the media and it was even worse to order them not to talk to police.

“Rather than making any meaningful efforts to locate your wife, you would make angry calls to (members of Karen’s family) demanding they stop talking to police,” the judge said.

He said Ristevski instead used his energy to “rant and rave about police and media” to anybody willing to listen, all the time knowing how she died and where her body was hidden.

1. Rohan Smith‏Verified account @Ro_Smith 20s21 seconds ago

Borce Ristevski told he has “turned off the road of deceit” by admitting he killed his wife, but “you have not taken the high road”. @newscomauHQ

Emma O'Sullivan‏Verified account @emma_os 25s26 seconds ago

2. The Judge has detailed how Borce Ristevski made a written offer in Sep 2018 (about a month after he was committed to stand trial) to plead guilty to manslaughter. Back then it was rejected, as Borce wasn’t prepared to explain how or why Karen was killed @10NewsFirst

bbm
But he was "prepared to explain" now in 2019? I don't think so.

I am still in shock. Steve my thoughts are with you and your family for your bravery through this difficult time.
I still don't get it though that you can kill someone, not have to explain yourself, lie, withhold information, dispose of the body in an inhumane way and because your history shows "good character" you get a reduced sentence.
If it was manslaughter, why didn't he say so 3 years ago and face the music instead of dragging it out for Karen's poor family, his daughter and the State.
I have a niggling feeling that he is covering for Sarah. JMO

Rohan Smith‏Verified account @Ro_Smith 2m2 minutes ago

Cameron Baud, the journo who asked Borce directly "did you kill your wife?" two weeks after she vanished, revisits that moment.

https://7news.com.au/news/vic/ristevski-case-why-7news-reporter-confronted-a-killer-c-66768 … @CameronBaud7

“Borce, did you kill Karen?”

“Of course not, what a ridiculous question!”

That’s how I would expect an innocent man to respond.

But when I asked Borce Ristevski if he killed his 47-year-old wife Karen he didn’t say a word.

He didn’t even open his mouth to tell me where I could jam my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa