IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am one town over. I have tried to talk people down. Why no amber alert? Why no public searches? I tried to explain but they don’t want to hear it. I think the reaction will be I can’t believe this happened here. I wish just one time it would be that a kid actually woke up and walked away in the middle of the night.
Crystal Lake PD isn’t a uneducated backwoods PD. Crystal Lake PD called in the FBI right away. Divers at the main beach of the lake. Helicopters have been around all day. Parents are said to be at the station. I fear we all know where this will lead.
Agreed. Just leaving soccer and the helicopters are still focused on that area by lippold Park.

I live right by the dole mansion. It doesn’t feel right sitting in my house and being warm while hearing the constant helicopter’s. Do you think they haven’t asked the public for assistance with searching because they suspect something else may have happened?
From the way this played out compared to other cases on here I’ve followed...yes. I don’t think they believe he just walked away. Honestly I’ve been watching all day if they asked for help they would of had 100’s of people show up right away.

I live right by the dole mansion. It doesn’t feel right sitting in my house and being warm while hearing the constant helicopter’s. Do you think they haven’t asked the public for assistance with searching because they suspect something else may have happened?

I completely understand that feeling. I live only 2 miles from where Maddox Ritch went missing and every day and night I sat home, watching my son be safe and happy , while hearing helicopters and feeling completely helpless ( public wasnt allowed to search).
Each time I heard the helicopters or even tucked my son in bed I felt so incredibly emotional.

From your article, yrmfp:

"Several neighbors said they previously had concerns about Andrew and his younger sister, and claimed they called the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services about them. DCFS said they are unable to confirm those neighbors' claims."
I trust the neighbors before The IDCFS. They fail abysmally so often. So many cases nationwide where child protective services have been anything but.

MOO

Illinois is one of the strictest states as far as the children go. Child services has always been a priority to our government. If dcfs had been contacted previously, I could almost guarantee that it was followed up on, it probably just went on to be ‘unfounded’

I’m just hoping one day we can solve this homeschool crisis.

Dakarai Turner on Twitter

Just now the FBI was seen taking boxes and bags of potential evidence from the Crystal Lake home. Police are still investigating circumstances surround Andrew Freund’s disappearance.

Attachments

• 1A36A72E-EFF4-41A7-9302-DBC9FAE1A5E2.jpeg
    1A36A72E-EFF4-41A7-9302-DBC9FAE1A5E2.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 57
BREAKING: As the frantic search for a missing 5-year-old boy continues, police say his home is now a crime scene...LATEST: Crystal Lake boy missing: FBI joins search for 5-year-old Andrew 'AJ' Freund
"Several neighbors said they previously had concerns about Andrew and his younger sister, and claimed they called the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services about them. DCFS said they are unable to confirm those neighbors' claims."

Here we go again! Ugh. :(

The local news just reported he was at the home with his mother and her boyfriend, not father. They also mentioned online court records show the house has been in foreclosure along with financial troubles. I did a quick search on the local circuit clerk website, I’m scared for this boy.

The local news just reported he was at the home with his mother and her boyfriend, not father. They also mentioned online court records show the house has been in foreclosure along with financial troubles. I did a quick search on the local circuit clerk website, I’m scared for this boy.
Moms “boyfriend” ugh

Pretty obvious now what happened. Boyfriend, financial problems, etc. Seen this story so many times. ugh. jmo

Pretty obvious now what happened. Boyfriend, financial problems, etc. Seen this story so many times. ugh. jmo

I tend to agree with you. I just can’t figure out how financial difficulties can lead to harming a child... Of course, I can’t seem to wrap my head around anything that would justify hurting a child. So senseless. MOO

I trust the neighbors before The IDCFS. They fail abysmally so often. So many cases nationwide where child protective services have been anything but.

MOO
In fairness....they listen to the parents and by the time they get there the children are scared and have been warned. Probably no noticeable injuries either.
But I do think the system sucks for truly abused children.

I tend to agree with you. I just can’t figure out how financial difficulties can lead to harming a child... Of course, I can’t seem to wrap my head around anything that would justify hurting a child. So senseless. MOO
I think financial problems lead to stress....which can lead to abusing children and each other btw.

I just rewatched and it actually said he lived in the home with the mom, her boyfriend and another child but the mother and father were the last to see him? Unless they are calling the boy's father, the mothers boyfriend since they aren't married?

Last edited:
I just rewatched and it actually said he lived in the home with the mom, her boyfriend and another child but the mother and father were the last to see him? Unless they are calling the boy's father, the mothers boyfriend since they aren't married?
I believe he is the father of both children, but they're not married. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member