IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've reviewed most, if not the articles and can not find who reported the child missing. Does anyone know who reported this?

For some of the locals..... Does anyone know what day is Trash Day for this neighbourhood?

This new article from today says that the parents reported Andrew missing on Thursday morning.

“Andrew was last seen at bedtime, about 9 p.m. Wednesday in the family home in the first block of Dole Avenue in the northwest suburb. After waking up Thursday morning and being unable to find him in the home, Andrew’s parents reported him missing.”

Parents of missing Crystal Lake boy have stopped helping; father leaves home with police Saturday afternoon

Last edited:
This new article from today says that the parents reported Andrew missing on Thursday morning.

“Andrew was last seen at bedtime, about 9 p.m. Wednesday in the family home in the first block of Dole Avenue in the northwest suburb. After waking up Thursday morning and being unable to find him in the home, Andrew’s parents reported him missing.”

Parents of missing Crystal Lake boy have stopped helping; father leaves home with police Saturday afternoon

Thank you

Black said no arrests have been made, but the father, also named Andrew Freund, left the home about 1 p.m. Saturday with undercover police officers. He was not in handcuffs when he entered a black unmarked police car with officers in plainclothes.

Officers inside the police station about 1:15 p.m. declined to say why Freund was there or if he was under arrest.

———————-
Black described the whole situation as being “disturbing.”

“The fact that both parents have stopped cooperating with us certainly raises our suspicions,” Black said.
————————
Neighbors have said the father was out in front of his home earlier Saturday.

A neighbor said he had come out of the house and hugged a woman who came to lay flowers down near the home and Freund asked the neighbor to pray.
————————-

If the house is considered a crime scene, why was the father there this morning? And the mother is staying with a friend for 48 hours? Weird.

I don't understand this!!! WHAT parent who has a missing 5 year old stops helping?? I still worry about my adult children. I would be frantic if they went missing..a five year old?? I would be having panic attacks,begging strangers to help me, telling cops to give me a lie detector test so that they could find the real suspect.....
They stop helping because maybe responsible. Sick thought.

“The fact that both parents have stopped cooperating with us certainly raises our suspicions,” Black said.

If the house is considered a crime scene, why was the father there this morning? And the mother is staying with a friend for 48 hours? Weird.

Snipped for Focus
Emph. mine

Agreed. That's strange.
Gives him plenty of time to destroy more evidence.

Horrible thought:
Re. the posts about trash pickup... not sure where posters are going with that.
But maybe he was wrapped in a garbage bag and thrown into the family's trash can ?
Maybe he's in a landfill ?

I'm not letting either parent off the hook. Even if you don't hurt your child yourself-- allowing someone else to do so, and saying nothing -- makes you equally as guilty.

Although taking drugs whilst pregnant while knowing full well what it'll do to your unborn baby is already abuse.

No one is a perfect parent, and some children can be a handful, esp. if born addicted-- in which case it's the parents' own fault.
But you don't 'disappear' them ( via outright murder, over-medication, dead from abuse... we don't know yet.).

There are many of us who didn't even drink coffee for fear it could be harmful to our unborn baby.
And we certainly didn't abuse drugs like heroin , cocaine, meth --- or whatever poor AJ was exposed to .
Because some of us gave a damn.
And still do.

Some of us here would let LE do whatever (LD tests, etc.) and would cooperate fully. Because we love and care about our children.

It's looking like AJ did not have that luxury. :(

~snip

The officers called to the father, Andrew Freund Sr., from outside the side-door.

“Andrew, are you in there?" police called, while knocking on the door.

"We are here to help you, Andrew," an officer said when the knock went unanswered.

The three then went inside the house. An officer emerged about 10 minutes later to apparently let the family dog out in the backyard. The officers and Freund Sr. came out the side door of the house shortly after and walked to the vehicles.

Freund wasn't handcuffed and didn't respond to questions from reporters before getting into the back of the unmarked vehicle. Police left without answering questions.
~snip

Father of missing Crystal Lake child leaves home with police | Northwest Herald

Attachments

• C3F4837F-63A5-4156-B6A1-DF44916B180F.jpeg
    C3F4837F-63A5-4156-B6A1-DF44916B180F.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I don't understand this!!! WHAT parent who has a missing 5 year old stops helping?? I still worry about my adult children. I would be frantic if they went missing..a five year old?? I would be having panic attacks,begging strangers to help me, telling cops to give me a lie detector test so that they could find the real suspect.....

(Black said the evidence they have collected so far “doesn’t support an unknown offender, and there is no evidence to say an abduction occurred.)
Offender not unknown, no evidence of abduction.
I wonder how long before a person/s of interest or suspect/s are named.

Community Candlelight vigil for A.J. this evening, 7-9pm

Andrew (AJ) Freund Jr., aged 5, was last seen Wednesday night at 9:00 pm. As a community, we would like to come together, light some candles, and pray together for his safe return.

We are asking that everyone share this event, and if you can attend, please bring a candle to light. If you happen to have extra candles on hand, please bring them so we can make sure everyone can light a candle in support of the men and women searching day and night, and to help Light The Way to bringing A.J. home!

If you are not able to attend, please contribute your support from home by either lighting a candle in your front window, or by leaving porch lights on to aid in the search efforts and to bring solidarity to Crystal Lake as a community.

The vigil will be held in front of the beach house at Crystal Lake Main Beach, located at 300 Lakeshore Dr.

We ask that everyone remain positive and remember that love will bring us together. This vigil is intended to unify our community to support the friends, family, and those searching for one of our own. Please keep this in mind and keep positive energy flowing so that together, our prayers may lend some peace and love to Andrew, his family, and the entirety of the Crystal Lake community.

Thank you for your continued support and hope! Please keep Andrew Freund Jr. in your thoughts and prayers! ♥

Light The Way Home - Vigil for Andrew Freund Jr.

There's usually a reason why parents stop cooperating with LE. I've never seen innocent parents do this. Even in cases where the parents are scrutinized they'll allow LE to interview them and even take a polygraph - anything to move the case along and find the child. Just sayin'.

~snip

Around 12:30 p.m. Saturday, three law enforcement officers in unmarked cars with City of Crystal Lake vehicle stickers went to the Freund family's home on the zero to 100 block of Dole Avenue.

Father of missing Crystal Lake child leaves home with police | Northwest Herald
Snipped for brevity

From that photo.. it doesn't look like they were keeping their residence or yard up.

So that would've been suspicious if they had one or two large 'rubbermaid'-type trash receptacles out for pick up !
It'd be interesting to know if neighbors had sec. cams and what the footage revealed.

I don't know if we'll get answers unless someone talks, or someone 'rolls" on the other.

The way the cops yelled into the house something about “we’re just here to help you” seems odd. Also would someone mind giving me a few context clues about where to find why the dad was disbarred? I know we can’t openly discuss it..
I will send you a private message. That information is publically available and I have the specifics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member