Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was probably discussed extensively back in 2017 ... the killer would have to had known beforehand that the girls would be on the trail that day and alone. Think about how he would know that. Or, the killer was there, hoping to kill just anyone else who might be there on the trail that day, and luckily for him someone was there.

RBBM

Please do so.
It’s difficult. I called the tip line and got the fbi and sat through several voice messages and choices before I hung up. Sorry guys, that’s a national hotline not a tip line. And if I’m right Carter knows. I mean a tip line should go right in not direct you to several places. Sheesh.

This is all very, very strange. For some reason, the way he said "guys" sounds like he's familiar with them. Also, the garbled stuff between "Guys" and "down the hill" - sounds like voices being intentionally distorted. Perhaps the girls talking?

... Maybe he had passed by them and tried to get them to go down the hill willingly and meet him and when they stood him up he comes back up to force the situation.
I find this to be quite an interesting theory, and one that I haven’t heard before. I always wondered why the girls would have video and audio-taped a random passer-by. He’s looking down and doesn’t appear to be a threat. Certainly they would not have recorded just anyone and everyone who was walking past them that day.

What made the girls suspicious of this man, in particular? Maybe he had walked by minutes earlier and said, or did, something. Instead of walking to the end of the bridge and then walking back, maybe he had turned back only yards ahead of them, which might seem odd. Or they had an encounter of some sort near the parking area when the girls were dropped off.

I’d sure like to hear any other thoughts about what may have transpired before the pic was taken.

Kelly Reinke on Twitter

Wanted to share in case it hasn’t been...

“DELPHI MURDERS: State police are looking for the driver of a car left along CR 300 N on Feb 13, 2017. That’s the day the girls went missing. It’s just a 5 minute walk from entrance of Delphi Historic Trails.”

Do you think someone will have that good a memory to recall this over two years later? I hope so.

I’m absolutely shocked by the press conference today. Part of me wishes the information released had been shown in the days after this horrific tragedy happened. I wonder what made them make this drastic change in tactics? It was such a welcome change to February’s press conference.

It was hard watching Superintendent Carter I knew it would be emotional for him. This case will have really affect everyone working on it. I have no doubt they will do everything humanly possible to find the monster. I wonder how BG is feeling now and if he will sleep tonight because today must have taken him by surprise.

Well, not as much info. as I'd hoped.
Still-- I'll take it.

It's too bad that they didn't release more audio from the beginning. Why not ?

And isn't it possible to release more audio of just the perp, with the girls' voices concealed ?
And is there even more footage of the possible perp ?
Release it so the families can have some closure in a resulting arrest.
Someone knows who this is.

I'm sure I'm not the only one wishing more info was released sooner rather than later.

Abby's phone was a wealth of information ; and meanwhile what if the perp has committed even more crimes ?

Wow,wow,wow... I am way behind, but I am going to guess that the car was stolen, LE has possession of it, and DNA in the car matches DNA from the crime scene. They have a witness sketch. And that's all they got. They still do not know who he is.

I wonder if the request to not contact the family for 2 weeks is because they know who it is, but LE doesn't want them saying anything just yet, in order to protect the integrity of the case? That could explain the "anger". I didn't see the family's reaction - did they get angry when the sketch was put up?

Wow I’ve checked regularly for updates on this case for years! Heart pounding when news of press conf came out... now this is all so hard to know what to make of it!

I agree with everyone saying it sounds like there’s a sense of betrayal from press conf text (can’t watch vid myself) - IA IMO sounds like they have in mind a perp from LE, church or family.

But then the age range of 18-40 def doesn’t sound like they have it narrowed down much! And some vaguely described abandoned/ parked car.... What to think about that discrepancy? Is the accusing / betrayed tone just a pose with aim of spooning out the perp? How could they know both so much & so little about him??

I haven’t searched for the vid y’all mentioned but the first search I did brought me to a picture that pinged for me. Then again that’s sure happened before (DN, CE) so I no longer trust myself on that.

<modsnipped>Thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
“DELPHI MURDERS: State police are looking for the driver of a car left along CR 300 N on Feb 13, 2017. That’s the day the girls went missing. It’s just a 5 minute walk from entrance of Delphi Historic Trails.”

Do you think someone will have that good a memory to recall this over two years later? I hope so.

I’m absolutely shocked by the press conference today. Part of me wishes the information released had been shown in the days after this horrific tragedy happened. I wonder what made them make this drastic change in tactics? It was such a welcome change to February’s press conference.

It was hard watching Superintendent Carter I knew it would be emotional for him. This case will have really affect everyone working on it. I have no doubt they will do everything humanly possible to find the monster. I wonder how BG is feeling now and if he will sleep tonight because today must have taken him by surprise.

I have the impression that they had hoped to have a lot of this information for the February press conference but for whatever reason--delay in processing, couldn't get all the investigative agencies to buy in, etc. --weren't able to do it that day and so it kind of fizzled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419