IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a prescription for Xanax. I have never been, I don’t know flagged? I just tell them. I don’t take it everyday, or every month.

Hello everyone. I have some questions about what has been reported. The police are releasing reports saying they are focusing on the house. Yet conducting searches at the local nature park. Would they mislead like that? I know this police chief does not like the press he goes out of his way not to comment. He is very difficult to work with if you are a member of the press. Obviously, this case is big enough he doesn’t have much choice, but why the misdirection from him. Also, her lawyer is very much a showman. He is interesting to watch in court. IMO the comforting her and hugging her is to make her look vulnerable.

Conducting searches at the local nature park + announcing that the house is a crime scene isn't necessarily misleading.

They didn't find Andrew alive and well OR deceased at the home so there is a need to look elsewhere for him
I'm thinking they are looking for evidence or a body but I would love nothing more than to be wrong. I just don't feel they are checking parks and bodies of water for a child that's running around playing after running away from home days ago.

I really don’t understand drug testing. If they have given her something for stress would that show up as a positive drug test?
Yes if it fit into the drug categories tested, ie opiates, amphetamines, barbiturates, cocaine, THC, etc.. If she has a prescription for stress medication it may show positive for barbiturates (or THC depending on IL law) and hard to hold against her. Usually quick screens that read temperature are performed immediately after dropping (takes minutes) and a positive in any group without a legal prescription would be sent to lab for verification. Each jurisdiction chooses which drug categories and thresholds they test for when they order from the company but thats the ones I mentioned are pretty standard.
ETA benzo's as a category for stress medication. Thanks @Curiousgirl2019

Last edited:
Yes if it fit into the drug categories tested, ie opiates, amphetamines, barbiturates, cocaine, THC, etc.. If she has a prescription for stress medication it may show positive for barbiturates (or THC depending on IL law) and hard to hold against her. Usually quick screens that read temperature are performed immediately after dropping (takes minutes) and a positive in any group without a legal prescription would be sent to lab for verification. Each jurisdiction chooses which drug categories and thresholds they test for when they order from the company but thats the ones I mentioned are pretty standard.
Thank you!

Hello everyone. I have some questions about what has been reported. The police are releasing reports saying they are focusing on the house. Yet conducting searches at the local nature park. Would they mislead like that? I know this police chief does not like the press he goes out of his way not to comment. He is very difficult to work with if you are a member of the press. Obviously, this case is big enough he doesn’t have much choice, but why the misdirection from him. Also, her lawyer is very much a showman. He is interesting to watch in court. IMO the comforting her and hugging her is to make her look vulnerable.
Several parts to an investigation. Searching is only part of it. Evidence found in the home has to be analyzed. IMO the crime occurred in the home so it's the crime scene. Once Andrew is found that will be another crime scene and some of the focus will shift there.

Conducting searches at the local nature park + announcing that the house is a crime scene isn't necessarily misleading.

They didn't find Andrew alive and well OR deceased at the home so there is a need to look elsewhere for him
I'm thinking they are looking for evidence or a body but I would love nothing more than to be wrong. I just don't feel they are checking parks and bodies of water for a child that's running around playing after running away from home days ago.

I agree with that completely. Except chief K is saying “we are focusing on the house” when in reality he has crews at Lippold park and the north shore doing searches and no one is at the house.

I agree with @MissMalowe. At this point we have no idea what they are actually searching for. They could be following up and/or verifying something from a lead or information they received. We don't know what LE knows. As far as releasing information there is an entire FBI policy and procedure book on releasing info to the press that is probably being followed. My guess would be it is the FBI making the calls on what to release based on what is needed to successfully find this child and bring anyone who may be involved to justice. JMHO

I have been trying to post on this thread forever. My username was not working so I created a new one.

1) Child Services failed this boy. Addiction is a disease and whoever think the mother has a “choice” does not really understand addiction. If a little boy is born with opioids in his system and has had troubles until up to 2018 - the mom is clearly unfit and someone needs to step in because the equation of this family only spells one thing: disaster.

2) I am 7 months pregnant and I take Klonopin (similar to Xanax). I have anxiety/panic attacks and it was decided by my psych/ob/doctors that the risks of panic attacks during pregnancy are higher than the risk of a small dose of Klonopin. In a drug test, Klonopin/Xanax would show up as “BENZOPEDINES” so if the person has a prescription it won’t be flagged as it’s not even close to an opioid and some of us need the medication to function. In my case, because of a drug addicted mother. I am with everyone saying that drug addicts should not be able to have kids.

I had family and an amazing father who took care of me and never let the situation escalate. But like I said, drug addiction is not a choice and a child will NEVER be safe just under the care of an addict. That’s just wishful thinking. I mean, heck, I was very lucky with so many people taking care of me and making sure I was very protected and I was, and still ended up with an anxiety/panic disorder that makes me feel guilty that I need to take a benzo during pregnancy because well... that’s the cards life gave me and just thinking of poor Andrew - what I went through was nothing compared to what other kids of drug addicts go through.

I have a hard time judging the mother as how can we judge someone so deep in an addiction? It’s like... geez are you surprised something happened with this kid with all the reported history? CPS failed. The system is broken. The mom needs to be in rehab and NOT caring for children or having more children. What a sad situation.

seen a few posts about the mother trying to offer pictures to the media during the press conference. Doesn't make sense that the lawyer would stop her. Possible they are worried that something in the pictures could be used as evidence? A recent picture that shows something in the background that is now mysteriously missing or disturbed? Missing blanket, clothing? hope that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea