IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the mom has a hearing tomorrow to get her 3-year old back from DCF, I'm going to bet the mom, right now, is clean. If she didn't have to drop at the police station, I'm pretty sure DCF will make sure that she's clean by having her drop before the 3-year old can return to her custody. Plus, I really don't think a good lawyer (or law team as she appears to have a team), would allow their client to pursue getting the boy back if she was still using. That could really hurt their case and she could potentially lose him and the baby she's carrying.

During 2013 to 2015, where was the dad? Was he in treatment at that time? AJ has 2 parents so if one was using and the other should have been able to keep AJ. Was moving in with AJ's dad the only way she could get him back in 2015?

I didn't see where it was stated that the police said the dog found AJ's scent in the trunk. I saw the video of the dog in there. Was it just speculation on the reporters part or fact?
I think attorney has advised her to try and get the child back it makes her look like a caring parent.

Not sure what IL law is but in my area if AF were fighting this case than living in the home is a good legal strategy to buy time (if the eviction process weren't started). Also interesting info on the other person living in the home, "Another man, 36-year-old Daniel Nowicki, is also reported to have lived at the home some time within the past year. Woodstock police arrested Nowicki in December, after he allegedly kicked and hit two nurses and a security guard at Northwestern Medical Hospital – Woodstock, while undergoing a psychological evaluation, Cunningham said in a Jan. 1 email to the Northwest Herald. Nowicki lived at the Dole Avenue address at the time, according to the criminal complaint detailing his arrest."
Parents of missing Crystal Lake boy fight foreclosure of home | Northwest Herald

Has it been verified anywhere that this ex bf is still incarcerated. He would be my number one suspect if he was free at the time this child went missing.

Not sure what IL law is but in my area if AF were fighting this case than living in the home is a good legal strategy to buy time (if the eviction process weren't started). Also interesting info on the other person living in the home, "Another man, 36-year-old Daniel Nowicki, is also reported to have lived at the home some time within the past year. Woodstock police arrested Nowicki in December, after he allegedly kicked and hit two nurses and a security guard at Northwestern Medical Hospital – Woodstock, while undergoing a psychological evaluation, Cunningham said in a Jan. 1 email to the Northwest Herald. Nowicki lived at the Dole Avenue address at the time, according to the criminal complaint detailing his arrest."
Parents of missing Crystal Lake boy fight foreclosure of home | Northwest Herald
Sounds like another druggie parents let live in the same house as their children. What good parents. He must have been a drug connection. Reminds me of people living with loser Rachelle Bond and loser BF. Whatever makes it easier to get drugs. Drug addicts are selfish lying manipulators. Or maybe he was someone JC met at the club.

If the mom has a hearing tomorrow to get her 3-year old back from DCF, I'm going to bet the mom, right now, is clean. If she didn't have to drop at the police station, I'm pretty sure DCF will make sure that she's clean by having her drop before the 3-year old can return to her custody.

Drop? What does that mean?

The ex-boyfriend may also have done this from prison. Just because he's in, doesn't mean he has friends on the outside who could have done something to or with AJ. That thought has come across my mind more than once.

If mom was the last one to see him, is it possible that AJ's dad got home late and didn't realize that AJ was gone? Who discovered the boy was missing, mom or dad?

PHOTOS: Emergency Management Assistance Team searches Lippold Park | Northwest Herald

The Emergency Management Assistance Team on Monday searched Lippold Park in Crystal Lake for missing 5-year-old Andrew "AJ" Freund.

Wow, the local news coverage has really increased.
In the comments to this article someone says "It was actually the McHenry County EMA volunteer Ground Search & Rescue team doing the searching."
Yep....that makes sense to me. LE gets volunteer ancillary groups to narrow down the search when they believe its not a live search. But there are not enough people in these groups. They have to start asking for volunteers soon.

Has it been verified anywhere that this ex bf is still incarcerated. He would be my number one suspect if he was free at the time this child went missing.
Still catching up and not sure what names (outside of whats mentioned in MSN) can be mentioned here. Per the article, "Nowicki was taken to the McHenry County Jail on Dec. 19, and remained there Monday evening on a $75,000 bond." Here is a link to search for Illinois prison inmates but it wouldn't show jail incarceration.
Offender Search
This is a link to McHenry Co Sheriff Dept inmate search...
McHenry County Sheriff

Gawd have you seen that guy? She let him live with her small children? He’s got a tattooed face. No wonder neighbors were so hellbent on the welfare of the kids.

Traditional tracking dogs, Hayter said, are trained to look through "disturbed" areas where the child may have fled on foot and come into contact with vegetation or other outside materials. Tracking dogs, he said, need to be in the area in 30 minutes to two hours to catch a scent.

"There's a lot of variables," he said. "I don't know if they have traditional tracking dogs or trailing dogs. ... It depends on the capability of the dogs."

Hayter said it would be "very hard" for any dog to trail a scent if the child never touched the ground outside the house.

Crystal Lake Deputy Chief Tom Kotlowski said a variety of dogs with different skill sets were used to try to find Andrew. He said dogs from municipalities in McHenry and Cook counties were brought in to help.

We provided them with an article of clothing," Kotlowski said. "The dogs never picked up a scent that indicated Andrew left the home [on foot]."

Expert: 'Very hard' for K-9 to trail scent if child never touched ground outside house | Northwest Herald

Hello everyone. I have some questions about what has been reported. The police are releasing reports saying they are focusing on the house. Yet conducting searches at the local nature park. Would they mislead like that? I know this police chief does not like the press he goes out of his way not to comment. He is very difficult to work with if you are a member of the press. Obviously, this case is big enough he doesn’t have much choice, but why the misdirection from him. Also, her lawyer is very much a showman. He is interesting to watch in court. IMO the comforting her and hugging her is to make her look vulnerable.

I really don’t understand drug testing. If they have given her something for stress would that show up as a positive drug test?

Still catching up and not sure what names (outside of whats mentioned in MSN) can be mentioned here. Per the article, "Nowicki was taken to the McHenry County Jail on Dec. 19, and remained there Monday evening on a $75,000 bond." Here is a link to search for Illinois prison inmates but it wouldn't show jail incarceration.
Offender Search
This is a link to McHenry Co Sheriff Dept inmate search...
McHenry County Sheriff

So, the last welfare check from DCFS was the day before Nowicki was arrested? Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member