Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always say it would be nice if addicts would put as much effort into their recover as they did their addiction.

Not to keep this going as the focus is supposed to be on AJ - but heck it’s not easy. The physical symptoms of withdrawal are paralysing and even deadly. With opioids, it’s a very, very hard road back. Specially with injected opioids as it seems to be the case here. It sucks. It’s awful. It’s an epidemic. I just don’t understand wanting to keep your addiction and your kids. That’s just... ugh. I’m so sad as this hits close to home for me :(

Police and other law enforcement may be close to finding the body of a 5-year-old Crystal Lake boy who has been missing since Thursday.

Crystal Lake officers, along with McHenry County Sheriff's deputies and FBI agents, were searching a field in Woodstock off Dean Street just north of Gayle Driveon Wednesday.
~snip

Carolina Bermudez, who lives near the property in Woodstock, said a police officer in an unmarked car knocked on her door at around 6 a.m. Wednesday, and her husband answered. The officer was wondering who owned the nearby property, which Bermudez said includes a barn where farm equipment is stored.

Bermudez, who has lived at the home for three years, said she has children of her own –ages 11, 6 and 1 1/2 – and when they went out early this morning to go to school, the nearby gravel road was blocked off.

“Never would I think that they couldn't be back there by themselves," Bermudez said.

Bermudez noted that she did not see any suspicious activity in the area over the past week.

Pilots are temporarily banned from operating aircrafts in the area near Woodstock, according to a notice from the Federal Aviation Administration. The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office was the point of contact for the notice, according to the FAA notice.

Breaking: Search for missing Crystal Lake boy focuses on Woodstock field; mother currently at CL police station | Northwest Herald

Investigators examining a field along Dean St. in unincorporated Woodstock just a couple miles southwest of US-14 & IL-47 intersection. @cbschicago

View attachment 180883

Eric Cox on Twitter

This is the first case I've followed so I don't know, but someone on the Facebook group said that seeing surveyors at a site confirms they have found something. Is this true?

Ravi Baichwal‏Verified account @BaichwalABC7 12m12 minutes ago
On scene Woodstock where Sherrif’s police are searching a farm area off Dean St and 176th poss in connection w disappearance of 5 yo AJ Freund. fbi Evidence techs seen, port washroom brought in. Folks will be staying. Team coverage ⁦@ABC7Chicago⁩ w ⁦@JohnGarciaABC7

D47h47gWAAI1xUX.jpg

0 replies3 retweets6 likes

The shovel was covered in mud/dirt. What was the weather like there last week? Trying to think of a timeline.

It’s spring in Chicagoland so you never know what you’re going to get! We had almost 8 inches of snow on the 14th and people were in shorts 2 days later.

Attachments

• 39AD9602-F087-42F3-9CD5-7BACF1FA315A.png
    39AD9602-F087-42F3-9CD5-7BACF1FA315A.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics