Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple of screen shots of the DSS building, one is from a video posted in late 2016 by a YT user, the other is from the day the girls were found. WTHR messed up the wording in the video, the girls weren't missing anymore, they'd been found.

Here's a video from a YT user who walked a considerable distance along the old RR right-of-way, which ends up at the MHB.

At 25:40, he's in the area roughly where BG would have gotten on the trail, assuming he parked at the DSS building parking area. That building no longer stands, it was torn last year. The railroad siding is part of the Andersons grain complex.

25:50, the spot where I believe BG got on the trail, by IN 25 and the Freedom Bridge.

26:20 shows C.R. 300, and the trail which is in the wooded area across the road. This is west of where A&L were dropped off, about 1/8th mile.

JMO

Attachments

• SS of C.R. 300 DSS building on right trail straight ahead.png
    SS of C.R. 300 DSS building on right trail straight ahead.png
    480.1 KB · Views: 50
  • SS of DSS building from MSM.png
    SS of DSS building from MSM.png
    583.2 KB · Views: 52
MOO Just a thought.

BGs clothes do look overly stuffed with something, presumably weapons or other paraphernalia. But it looks like too much stuff.
That seems immature, like a kid that has have to have this and that, and that too along with him.
Like pockets full of transformer toys.

MOO This may be more of a habit than a mannerism, MOO its likely to be a consistent character trait.

That would mean def premeditated then. Is the general feeling that this was planned and not opportunistic?

I am on the fence about it. Intuitively, I have a feeling it was not planned. Since I believe they went down with him willingly (and if anyone stopped them at the bottom of the hill, they would not accuse the YBG), I think, maybe he planned some sort of sexual attack, and then snapped?

BTW, I don’t think this guy is Ted Bundy and I agree with @MassGuy that he is a disorganized killer, but one thing might be not unlike Ted B.

If he really has a gait disorder, one thing he could have said to them was, “guys, dropped my (crutches? Books? Whatever important). I need some help. (It is) down the hill”.

I honestly think that something in him raised Libby’s antennae and she started filming him for a reason, but when he asked for help, both girls let their guards down. And this is why they didn’t call 911. He used Bundy’s strategy, and they were kind girls.

I would to. Plus after I picked a wrong head-shape or nose
I might not realize it until the sketch was completely done. Only then it didn’t look quite right. By the time GH every patient made a few changes for me, the sketch would probably begin to make me question who I remembered seeing. It must be an extremely difficult process.

So i made a sketch as a child (as well as doing a "stake out" with an undercover detective hiding on the playground....I don't know if that is done anymore!). I was quite young and definitely wasn't noticing features on a face. But like you said, when you see the wrong eyes on paper, it is easy to say "no, not like that, they are smaller" even though I would not have been able to describe his small eyes to start. In the end we ended up with a pretty good sketch.

Now, there is some REAL detail on the sketch of killer. So much so I feel the person that described him knew him. That sketch to me does not seem one of a witness seeing someone random pass by. I think somebody on the trail or wherever he was seen was able to say to LE " I saw so and so out there". That is probably what makes it so hard for LE. The name was given way back then. He was questioned. Alibi provided by family member or friend. A family member or friend LE trusted.

Im looking at the image again as if that is thick hair blown forward like Justin Bieber.
and I cannot unsee it...it's NOT A HAT. that is very a distinctive haircut.

and yes I believe the killer is threatening to kill again and the visibly shaken LE is evidence of this ongoing struggle.

there could also be other dangers surrounding this person, maybe vulnerable children, wives, frightened persons who have tipped them off. could be that the parabon doesn't age the suspect so you have to pick the age you think is closest to the photo. But that cop was as nervous as a cat during that presser...he was nervous and appeared TORMENTED.

this killer I think would enjoy the attention and the power .he would enjoy threatening
Delphi.

I hope they all stay safe and keep their girls at home. mOO
I thought I saw the exact same haircut that you saw, so that time I looked through three states of recent mugshots. Very rare haircut, for sure.

What have been some best guesses for what that white thing is up by BG’s coat opening? I’m stumped. (This is not the clearest image of it- including link to video for clearer viewing as well).

Attachments

• 451753B7-A6C0-444A-B635-9945A063AE53.png
    451753B7-A6C0-444A-B635-9945A063AE53.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 39
Went through every frame (48 frames) and noticed a big artifact (rectangle) in some of them. It may evoke there is something. However, you can see in this (frame) image, there is no bag:

View attachment 181439

You know what this thing around his neck reminds me of?

When I fly, I wear a round neck pillow that is so comphy to sleep on/in it. They are sold in airports.

Why wear it on the bridge, I have no idea.

That is what I meant. That they KNOW who it is, so why can't they get what they need to arrest.

Then I wonder why don't they have enough to arrest if they have enough to put out a sketch (going on my theory they KNOW who it is)

That PC was just the weirdest thing I have ever seen and I am trying to figure it all out.

If the murderer is toward the younger range of 18-40, I can imagine a scenario where there’s a tight group of men who are all considered POIs covering up for the one who is the killer. Similar to a blood brother scenario, particularly if they’ve engaged in other lesser criminal acts before or even after. LE isn’t sure which one it is and nobody’s talking.

Whew! This was harder than I thought. I had to try to screen shot right when reflection on bag occurred.

Disclaimer: Obviously, this is just my perception. Once I “see” something, it’s very hard to unsee it. Also, I feel that I can visualize the pack better in watching the video, than in “still” shots. So, take a look at the video to see what you think. Especially pay attention to the way the zipper or label on the bag appears/disappears based on reflection of light.

Pic 1: I have drawn an arrow to where I *think* I see the light catching on a label or zipper on his bag.

Pic 2: Circled in red, I tried to indicate the general idea of where I see the (dark colored) bag...which obviously would be overlapping in appearance with his arm.

Pic 3: I drew 2 arrows where what many think to be a sweatshirt hood could possibly be the top of a pack. (Which would be lighter in color than rest of bag, due to light, and possibly it is exposing contents to an open topped duffle type bag). I’m less sure about this pic showing a bag or not.

Link to GH’s stabilized video.

Of course, I could be wrong, and there is no bag/pack/duffle. But I feel I can see one.
MOO.

Wow! This is a great clip. One thing I did, an idea I got from a comment on YouTube, is made sort of a tiny peephole with my fist. I focused on small areas of the clip. Doing this makes a big difference on what your brain can focus on. It is very clear to me now that his face is thin, he has a big bag on his back, which you can definitely see above his shoulders and on the left side of his body, and he has items stuffed into the front of his jacket. The poor quality and lighting make him look big and bulky, but he is not. You can tell in the last frame that his face is slim, and what made it look big was the bag or whatever on his back.

Wow! This is a great clip. One thing I did, an idea I got from a comment on YouTube, is made sort of a tiny peephole with my fist. I focused on small areas of the clip. Doing this makes a big difference on what your brain can focus on. It is very clear to me now that his face is thin, he has a big bag on his back, which you can definitely see above his shoulders an on the left side of his body, and he has a things stuffed into the front of his jacket. The poor quality and lighting make him look big and bulky, but he is not. You can tell in the last frame that his face is slim, and what made it look big was the bag or whatever on his back.
I agree with your technique. Isn’t it strange the way his left and right leg appear so differently in terms of thinness? I’m not sure if it’s just due to lighting, shift of direction he’s walking or what?

Regarding the 2/22 SP Carter’s Press Conference in Delphi, IN:

I keep thinking about his reference to
“two little girls…two children…”

Carter was trying to make BG feel more awful and beastly, more remorseful & guilty by reiterating that they were “children…little girls”, not young women.

If any of you Websleuthers were to actually hang out with Abby and Libby-- or know them in real life; would any of you consider calling Abby and Libby “little girls” or “children”?

I might refer to them as “middle-schoolers” or “kids”, "teenagers", “pre-teens”, or (just) “girls”, “young ladies” or “young women”. I would not call them “little girls”. MOO.

Carter was attempting to appeal to this side of BG’s psyche…the oath BG took to protect "little girls", "children", the community.
IMO: LE thinks that BG is a father, uncle, brother, cousin or care provider to a little girl (or little girls or children). Or, LE Feels that BG is a teacher, pastor, coach. A person who is considered a trusted, sworn protector of the people
(& little girls); or even LE of some sort, state trooper, etc.

IMO:
LE has a strong idea to who BG is via familial DNA—familial DNA that is pinpointed to a particular family cluster that lives in Delphi.
(Like how California LE eventually found the Golden State Killer).

Tracing DNA via familial lineage must be painstaking, must have many dead-ends, must be months-long work.

As stated during the PC, Carter said,
A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls? Two children!”

Again:
“What will those closest to you think of you when they find out”
LE knows that BG is from a tight family, or a brethren, or a community that cares deeply about family/community relationships.

IMO & MOO:
They think BG is NOT a loner,
BG has people that care for him.

I think they have DNA. Regarding “familial cluster”. I was thinking about it yesterday.

If there is no DNA of a direct relative in Gedmatch, if the matching people are at the level of 4th cousins, it may be incredibly hard to identify the person as he could be related to half of Delphi if he is local and his family lived there for long enough time.

So unless “familial cluster” is very different, it probably does not work. MOO

Just a couple of screen shots of the DSS building, one is from a video posted in late 2016 by a YT user, the other is from the day the girls were found. WTHR messed up the wording in the video, the girls weren't missing anymore, they'd been found.

Here's a video from a YT user who walked a considerable distance along the old RR right-of-way, which ends up at the MHB.

At 25:40, he's in the area roughly where BG would have gotten on the trail, assuming he parked at the DSS building parking area. That building no longer stands, it was torn last year. The railroad siding is part of the Andersons grain complex.

25:50, the spot where I believe BG got on the trail, by IN 25 and the Freedom Bridge.

26:20 shows C.R. 300, and the trail which is in the wooded area across the road. This is west of where A&L were dropped off, about 1/8th mile.

JMO
Excellent post. Thank you.

Perpetrator could be similar in profile to Jake Patterson. A first timer who got lucky and has an age range based on appearance has a huge variance.

Jayme Closs was abducted by Jake Patterson.

Jake Patterson was 21. He looks 35+ from certain angles. But I'm sure if he wore a hat to cover up his balding and wore certain glasses, then he could be mistaken for 16 years old.

Police had zero clue where she went. She was gone for almost 3 months and was only held captive a couple houses away from her home.

He had a clean record and police didn't mention him ever being a POI previously. He didn't get caught because of detective work, she escaped.

omigod I just had an epiphany. sorry if someone already opined this..but

what if they know who it is and they have to hurry and change the sketch because if they arrest him he can use the sketch as a defense , saying he looks nothing like the sketch they ran with for two years and that he is not the person in the sketch or the photo!!!!! mOO

I think they have DNA. Regarding “familial cluster”. I was thinking about it yesterday.

If there is no DNA of a direct relative in Gedmatch, if the matching people are at the level of 4th cousins, it may be incredibly hard to identify the person as he could be related to half of Delphi if he is local and his family lived there for long enough time.

So unless “familial cluster” is very different, it probably does not work. MOO
This is *exactly* how they will corner him. It will just take a little longer. They're on their way. Sleep well *coward*

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member