Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it has indeed. And the police stated:

"Libby recorded the suspect on video with her cellphone. At the time, Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum praised the teen's actions.

“This young lady is a hero, there is no doubt. To have enough presence of mind to activate that video system on her cellphone, to record what we believe is criminal behavior that's about to occur," Slocum said."

Review all of the evidence in the Delphi murders case that's been publicly released

This also seems to indicate that she was infact focused on BG and he was not merely just in the background.

Surely LE can tell the intent of the recordings.

And that’s good enough for me.

Wow! This is a great clip. One thing I did, an idea I got from a comment on YouTube, is made sort of a tiny peephole with my fist. I focused on small areas of the clip. Doing this makes a big difference on what your brain can focus on. It is very clear to me now that his face is thin, he has a big bag on his back, which you can definitely see above his shoulders and on the left side of his body, and he has items stuffed into the front of his jacket. The poor quality and lighting make him look big and bulky, but he is not. You can tell in the last frame that his face is slim, and what made it look big was the bag or whatever on his back.

Welcome Steffannieg with your first post.:):):)
Hope we hear more from you.
Your peep hole strategy is something that does allow your focus to be specific, in areas you try.

Yeah, definitely a good way to do it.

I’d be the worst person in the world to provide a description.

“Yes, he had a nose,” isn’t exactly helpful.

I’d have a shot at providing a somewhat accurate description this way.
This comment made me laugh. However, I'd be even worse saying something like, "Yes, he had a head."

Also remember. When you walk accross the train tracks you are going to have a different gate. Especially since it is in rough condition. So likely his steps will look awkward.
Imo

Yes. The PC mentioned to focus on his mannerisms AS he walks, and stated it is not his normal walk because of the bridge. So Mannerisms, not the walk, seems like a clue to his identity.

Now the million dollar question ....

So .... what are the mannerisms to focus on?

I do not st all believe the sketch is based on a specific, identified person. It's based on an eyewitness. Or witnesses.

Still, they may at this point have a strong suspicion or belief but belief does not equal probable cause.

Yah and drawing a sketch off a photograph of someone they suspect would be a very slippery slope to go down in my opinion. It would likely cause various issues for prosecution. I don’t believe they would do it. Just my amateur opinion

Last edited:
To elaborate on the audio, what if we speculate there was one attacker initially, but also another person involved in the crime to a lesser extent? What if the person who committed the initial attack was on his own cell phone/radio and he was signaling his location to others after the initial crime.

For example:

"Hey guys..."

(Unreleased audio, possibly another person asking whoever instigated/committed the attacks, " Where are you?")

"Down the hill..."

This is speculation but such a time frame allowing for a second party could explain the audio break, in the audio leak law enforcement gave to the public. I don't know how right I am about this stuff again, but I thought it was an idea worth floating and I welcome correction.
What makes the most sense, is that Libby became fearful of a strange man and decided to hit record on her phone.

Law enforcement released a portion that captured this guy’s voice, in the hope that someone would recognize him.

I absolutely don’t believe there is more than one person involved, as these crimes are almost always committed by a line individual.

Law enforcement believes this as well.

To elaborate on the audio, what if we speculate there was one attacker initially, but also another person involved in the crime to a lesser extent? What if the person who committed the initial attack was on his own cell phone/radio and he was signaling his location to others after the initial crime.

For example:

"Hey guys..."

(Unreleased audio, possibly another person asking whoever instigated/committed the attacks, " Where are you?")

"Down the hill..."

This is speculation but such a time frame allowing for a second party could explain the audio break, in the audio leak law enforcement gave to the public. I don't know how right I am about this stuff again, but I thought it was an idea worth floating and I welcome correction.

I don’t disagree at all, because who could know other than those who provided possible edits to the audio, the investigators and the killer?

I tend to think there was some verbiage from BG or the girls in between, so was scrambled because it was NOT relevant in understanding the voice the investigators want the public to focus. It could have been only noise and pause between the only words we have heard from BG, but it makes, at least some sense, the voice capture has been edited- hate to say it, but redacted. ;)

Regarding the 2/22 SP Carter’s Press Conference in Delphi, IN:

I keep thinking about his reference to
“two little girls…two children…”

Carter was trying to make BG feel more awful and beastly, more remorseful & guilty by reiterating that they were “children…little girls”, not young women.

If any of you Websleuthers were to actually hang out with Abby and Libby-- or know them in real life; would any of you consider calling Abby and Libby “little girls” or “children”?

I might refer to them as “middle-schoolers” or “kids”, "teenagers", “pre-teens”, or (just) “girls”, “young ladies” or “young women”. I would not call them “little girls”. MOO.

Carter was attempting to appeal to this side of BG’s psyche…the oath BG took to protect "little girls", "children", the community.
IMO: LE thinks that BG is a father, uncle, brother, cousin or care provider to a little girl (or little girls or children). Or, LE Feels that BG is a teacher, pastor, coach. A person who is considered a trusted, sworn protector of the people
(& little girls); or even LE of some sort, state trooper, etc.

IMO:
LE has a strong idea to who BG is via familial DNA—familial DNA that is pinpointed to a particular family cluster that lives in Delphi.
(Like how California LE eventually found the Golden State Killer).

Tracing DNA via familial lineage must be painstaking, must have many dead-ends, must be months-long work.

As stated during the PC, Carter said,
A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls? Two children!”

Again:
“What will those closest to you think of you when they find out”
LE knows that BG is from a tight family, or a brethren, or a community that cares deeply about family/community relationships.

IMO & MOO:
They think BG is NOT a loner,
BG has people that care for him.

I do consider them children. They're "big girls" but in the context of their vulnerability in the face of an adult male predator? They're little girls to me. They didn't stand a chance.

This is related, although it may at first seem OT. But remember in the Jayme Closs case where so many people were absolutely certain she must have had hidden SM accounts and a boyfriend or love interest? That she HAD to have known him online at least?

Jayme is proof that not all teenage girls have hidden accounts. She’s also proof that these crimes can be totally random.

Compare with this...

Surely I can

On top is Gray Hughes video. The link below is the video of neuropathic gait. Just compare them.

I can post more, Internet is full of them.

This...
I remember that on the day of the news conference, it was stated that the perp's gait may be the result of foot placement on the railroad ties and not an abnormal gait. If you've ever negotiated a train track/trestle, footsteps are stilted and deliberate so neither foot falls into the cracks and spaces.

For example:

"Hey guys..."

"Down the hill..."

This is speculation but such a time frame allowing for a second party could explain the audio break, in the audio leak law enforcement gave to the public. I don't know how right I am about this stuff again, but I thought it was an idea worth floating and I welcome correction. But as I have written before, without proof that the infamous "Down the hill" audio was recorded by the victim's cell phone before the instigation of the crime and not afterwards, it does stand to reason that the audio timeline is up for dispute.

IronOrchid, Welcome.:):)
If possibly an accomplice is on the audio as you suggest, then LE would also be checking out friends of the suspect.
This could be a reason to suggest BG has support, not being a loner.
MOO.

I believe it has indeed. And the police stated:

"Libby recorded the suspect on video with her cellphone. At the time, Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum praised the teen's actions.

“This young lady is a hero, there is no doubt. To have enough presence of mind to activate that video system on her cellphone, to record what we believe is criminal behavior that's about to occur," Slocum said."

Review all of the evidence in the Delphi murders case that's been publicly released

You are so right. LG set it to record for a reason. There is so much more recorded and that is why LE made that statement. Thanks for you putting it all together. Just a little off topic so hope this allowed but tonight on Lifetime ES is doing a program. I believe it will have survivors of crimes. I hope no one ever has to experience anymore crimes against children.

Hello Sleuthers,

Long time reader, but finally made a username so I could be a part of the discussion! The Hannah Graham case brought me here, and I have followed this case from the beginning. My work has kept me from staying up on the threads for the past few days but just wanted to throw out my thoughts.

With the latest press conference my hope is renewed that they will catch the person that did this and I believe it will be sooner rather than later.

Regarding LE asking for info about a vehicle that was parked at the old social services building-

I believe LE knows more about the vehicle than they made it appear. The color, type and I would think the make. However I do not understand why they did not release it. There is something they know that is critical to the vehicle in relation to the case IMO. If it was a case of someone in the town saying “well I remember a white truck being there that day” and they wanted to rule out if it was even relevant to the case, I think they would have given a general description (white truck, red Chevy, etc) and then said please call if that was you. It will be interesting to see how the vehicle plays into this once the killer is found. I think the new sketch is related as well. SOMETHING has taken place that caused them to release this info and go in a “new direction”. I would think it would have to be a witness who recently came forward or maybe even a family member/friend of the killer who knows what happened. I think LE needs the killer to make a mistake so they can arrest him and have an air tight case for trial. I do not believe that this is a cold case (anymore) and that they are hot on the trail.

Qmfr /noting “Logansport” again:

Are you referring the duffle bag?

“While investigators have narrowed their search to this one man for the time being, they have expanded the geography of their search. They believe that if the man was from Delphi, someone from the town of roughly 3,000 people would have already identified him.

"We're trying to get people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland, that were on the interstate, that were in Logansport that might have saw somebody walking, hitchhiking-- if they saw a duffle bag laying somewhere, anything. We're just reaching out for people that saw anything within that distance," Riley said.”

Tips pour in after suspect identified in Delphi double homicide

“Logansport
City in Indiana
Logansport is a city in and the county seat of Cass County, Indiana, United States. The population was 18,396 at the 2010 census. Logansport is located in northern Indiana at the junction of the Wabash and Eel rivers, northeast of Lafayette.”
Logansport, Indiana - Wikipedia

This is related, although it may at first seem OT. But remember in the Jayme Closs case where so many people were absolutely certain she must have had hidden SM accounts and a boyfriend or love interest? That she HAD to have known him online at least?

Jayme is proof that not all teenage girls have hidden accounts. She’s also proof that these crimes can be totally random.

Right. And you know everything about Jayme screamed innocent and sheltered to me. Yet people were ascribing a sophistication to her that was incredible. Secret social media. Drugs. Sex. Some secret adult boyfriend. They accused her of looking evil and being a part of the crime.

It was gross.

Likewise I think these girls seem like sheltered, innocent kids. I don't see them as having the sophistication necessary to having secret social media and trysts with strange men.

Can it happen? Well if like Elizabeth T who was taken by her teacher, they were groomed and instructed by an adult, then it is possible.

But they were killed there at the same park they were dropped off at. I have'nt heard of a case where an online or secret adult predator lures kids via secret communications, to and outside spot where he intends to kill them. Typically the goal of that type of predator is to have as much sexual contact with their victim/prey as possible. And if they do become murderous, they typically transport the kid to a remote area (not where they asked to meet), or they kill them in the privacy of their home or property or some building of some sort.

Everything about this crime smacks of crime of opportunity- someone hanging around trying to find a child to prey on. Not trying to meet up with and kill a specific child.

That includes the fact that the creepy guy who was following them was clearly not someone they recognized and they were scared.

If he was there to meet them he would call out, "Abby! It's me!" Instead of steadily walking toward them with his head down, in a menacing and creepy manner.

I go back and forth with what does LE know.

Carters mannerisms at the press conf were disturbing to me. Had the discussion with the parents before the PC been so disturbing to him that he anticipated the same from this audience?

Was the perp expected or actually in the audience?

Why a two week break for the parents? At whose request? Do they have suspicions on identity?

Carter seemed as if he was restraining himself from going out into the audience to grab someone up! JMO.

On the other hand, I fear they have nothing positive and are back to square one. Carter’s mannerisms could be reflective of the backlash he knew was coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshYah