Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears to me they most likely were there but visibly shaken. They probably left immediately after the conference. Today I think they know that LE has a major lead and direction and this person has been around Delphi and the family all along. A true Suspect not generic. The prosecutor returns to office early April after leaving 4 months earlier. He has a strong interest in this case. This should tell us so much. MOO

The extent of Carter’s emotion when speaking directly to the suspect would’ve impacted everyone in that room. Why wouldn’t the families be visibly shaken too? And yes, they probably did leave immediately after. That would seem the logical thing to do to avoid being surrounded by a gaggle of frenzied reporters high on the opportunity to pamper them with questioning about who they think is person in the new sketch. They’re far too wise to blurt out their thoughts prior to an arrest so even a “sorry, we’ve no comment” gets turned into more rumours they must be covering up for someone. I admire the families tenacity - they know how to use the media to leverage this unsolved case but they’re wise enough not to allow it to use them.

I’m not sure what you mean by “a true suspect”. Prior to a person becoming “accused” or charged with a crime what are they? It’s also absolutely common that police conduct parallel investigations where more than one person is on the radar.

As for the prosecutor returning to an assistant position, I sure do hope it’s a positive sign. But I’d be even more optimistic if we knew if this was a newly created position or was he is filling a vacancy. Neither do we know why he took early retirement in the first place. If it’s due to a family or personal matter it’s also possible that’s now behind him and he’s ready to go back to work once again. When he originally resigned giving advance notice to the end of 2017, it was reported he said he’d rescind his retirement if arrests occurred before his actual departure, not that he’d be back whenever arrests were made in the future.

Last edited:
Many have speculated that BG is some highly respected local official, someone well known etc.

I don’t believe this to be the case

I find it likely that superintendent Carter meant hiding in plain sight. As in a local, nothing more

I think it’s more likely very few people know this guy, I think he likely lives an insignificant existence. Remedial job etc. no college, if he did go to college he likely dropped out.

Many of these types of killers are very impulsive and as such never follow through with things they commit to in their own daily lives

This attack was brazen and I believe a local who is well known wouldn’t of taken that chance.

Plus I think it’s highly likely BG has social interaction issues and a volatile temper. Many of these types do

I’m leaning your direction on this also. Carter really emphasized that this person has great interest in the facts of the case, and simply stating that may reveal that it is NOT someone inherently involved in the investigation (i.e., family or LE).

Carter’s emotions during the PC point to a huge betrayal of trust— and that could mean this is a person with some authority or status within the community.

Just curious, and maybe a moderator could answer this. Has anyone that has ever been caught/convicted of any of the crimes that have been posted/discussed on Websleuths ever admitted to watching, and even posting, on the thread that pertains to their crime? I thought much further back in a thread (not sure if it was even for Abby and Libby) that this was brought up and there was at least one that was know to have done so.

Fairly certain Mark Redwine (Dylan Redwine case) was watching the discussion on websleuths

Quoting myself! I'm on a roll this morning; good coffee. : )
I'm going to take this athlete theory a step further. I would guess he had either played football and/or was a wrestler in school.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I am also of the opinion that he may have been a wrestler in school. I am also very inclined toward him wearing a wrestlers head gear, something which looks like an ear muff but has a flap near the chin. I am not good at describing it but if you google it up you will know what I am talking about. My amateur opinion too

I'm not aware of the church playing the movie but I did confirm in earlier thread that "The Shack" aired on Easter Sunday (day before presser) on the Lifetime network.

This is important, to me. When LE stated he recently saw the movie, he added there was also a book. I believe there was a reason he added the part about the book, or why would he mention it? Books have DNA, prints, etc. Then to announce the presser 3 days before was interesting, I didn't know the movie played on Easter Sunday. Just feel this person (BG) was expected in town for Easter weekend.

Wonder if there is a way we here at WS can get the new sketch out to a wider audience, like on pizza delivery boxes? Any suggestions on how we can get this new sketch more visible?

So, here’s how I’m thinking about this:-

This was either totally random or a targeted murder. If random, the killer had to have hung around there for a while or otherwise walked around equipped to kill.

It looks as if the bridge and park are a place you go to deliberately. It seems as if most people go with company and not usually on their own.

If targeted it has to be one of the young women or the other. Do either Abby or Libby have connections to anything or anyone that may make them a target? This could be for retribution or punishment or whatever.

On a video on YouTube I see that there is an 8 minute delay that is unusual at the start of the hike. There they postulate that’s because Abby and Libby had an encounter with their murderer.

Is that right? It seems it would be significant if it were.

I am also of the opinion that he may have been a wrestler in school. I am also very inclined toward him wearing a wrestlers head gear, something which looks like an ear muff but has a flap near the chin. I am not good at describing it but if you google it up you will know what I am talking about. My amateur opinion too
Why would he be wearing head gear?

If I had the link I wouldn't be asking for information.
My memory is far from perfect but I thought I had read about a church showing the film recently and that there was a flurry of discussion here about it.

Well, then. There was a flurry of discussion, but it was because someone noted the release date of the film coincided with some aspect of the case.

I was trying to illustrate that perhaps there was conjecture about “a church showing the film.” This forum becomes a case of Telephone once something is posed as having happened.

Just curious, and maybe a moderator could answer this. Has anyone that has ever been caught/convicted of any of the crimes that have been posted/discussed on Websleuths ever admitted to watching, and even posting, on the thread that pertains to their crime? I thought much further back in a thread (not sure if it was even for Abby and Libby) that this was brought up and there was at least one that was know to have done so.
Look up the Abraham Shakespeare thread here. The person convicted of killing him was on his thread.

What news? It seems since the press conference, there's been largely nothing else released, officially or otherwise.

Well just news of the PC and the emotion shown by the LE officer as he was talking. Made me think they have a suspect in mind. I could be wrong but the new sketch being released makes me think they have new info regarding the case and I just have a feeling they are close. Also I was wondering has this case been ruled unrelated to Lyric and Elisabeth ? Or is it still a possibility that when they find the bridge guy, they will also have the culprit for their murders too ? All just my opinion.

I think it’s an acknowledged fact that the murderer of Abraham Shakespeare read and posted on WS.

If I had the link I wouldn't be asking for information.
My memory is far from perfect but I thought I had read about a church showing the film recently and that there was a flurry of discussion here about it.

Yes, I remember someone stated (without reference link) that The Shack was screened at “the last” youth group movie night at a local church (can’t remember which one they specified). Perhaps we can find this information on one of the church websites.

ETA Thread #90, page 22So, I'm unaware of it's been mentioned on here or not, but the date the movie The Shack was released coincides with the very same date that the Delphi United Methodist Church had their final movie night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he was just trying to bring out the guilt in either the killer or his family so he confesses. Probably his family and friends as the killer hasn't felt guilty enough to come forward in 2 yrs so pulling at his heartstrings is not going to work.
Not just guilt, but fear.
Hoping that someone close to him will notice an increase in anxiety or some change in his behavior.
Or that of a family member or friend who knows he is the killer.
The killer himself may not feel guilty and come forward, but perhaps someone close to him who knows or has suspected for a long time will speak to investigators. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ