Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strach he could of very well of done that. I hope that LE is thinking the same thing that you are strach.

I know to some this may mean nothing because they were in the middle of a divorce or maybe because of the nature of his job, but I just noticed that Craig is not wearing his wedding ring in those pictures. Kind of odd considering they were still physically living in the same house and he's "weeping uncontrollably".

I noticed that too- but do not believe it means anything- my dh and I are about one of the greatest married couples around, yet he does not wear a ring- I dont think she had one on the last couple of months, if I had to take a guess= but I could sure be wrong- my rings mean the world to me, but different strokes...ya know ?

wasn't cs charged previously w/a felony????I thought it was illegal for felons to have fire arms in their possession???

I believe he was. I would have to go back and find that story, but I do know he was picked up with several guns and charged for having those within a 1000 feet of a school and a few other things. I never understood about why they charged him for "discharging a weapon" tho. Not sure about the felony conviction tho.

Hey, Cabin~ I do see what you mean about a sense of comfort of her daughter being hugged by the aunt and others there. (Altho, you can see she is literally in shock still.)

Funny, I don't get the same feeling about the son. His body language is off for some reason. I can't put my finger on it at the moment tho.

Hmmm...and I don't get the feeling Dad is crying for his missing wife either. (I don't see a grieving husband for the lost wife...I see a man playing to a crowd.)

Hey, Cabin~ I do see what you mean about a sense of comfort of her daughter being hugged by the aunt and others there. (Altho, you can see she is literally in shock still.)

Funny, I don't get the same feeling about the son. His body language is off for some reason. I can't put my finger on it at the moment tho.

Hmmm...and I don't get the feeling Dad is crying for his missing wife either. (I don't see a grieving husband for the lost wife...I see a man playing to a crowd.)

I thought the same thing about the son, but didnt want to say it- perhaps, just his age, perhaps just so shocked he has no emotion to show ....and yes--- he is playing to the crowd :furious:

The police just haven't NAMED him as a suspect yet because they don't have enough to arrest him. He does have GREAT motive and opportunity. He puts himself as last having seen her alive. He had sent the kids on bikes to a store to get candy which was the very time he says Lisa went missing. Not to mention the tarp found in his truck with drops of Lisa's blood on it.

If I'm remembering correctly, the police didn't name SP as a person of interest either, maybe they just don't want him taking off with the kids and don't want to tip their hand til they have enough to arrest him!

Craig IMO is guilty as sin aside from visiting Lisa's sisters two weekends ago, the children have remained home with their father when they are not in school and from viewing the above picture I believe that the chidren are close to their aunts and need them now more then ever because their aunts are a part of their mother. IMO The reason the S.O.B won't let the children spend time with their aunts is because he fears the children will tell them the truth.

Both the kids, especially the daughter have a far away look in their eyes as if they know something or know that this is much more than what their dad is saying. I don't think that guy snapped, but that this whole thing was premeditated and he was waiting just to make sure the divorce was going to happen.

wasn't cs charged previously w/a felony????I thought it was illegal for felons to have fire arms in their possession???

I haven't seen the story posted here but it's on the ctv board from a local poster that announced there was new info. so there was a local station that carried the story the other night and that poster typed what was said. The info was about those charges against Craig for the guns was never followed up on at the time. The guns that LE took from Craig were the same ones from those previous charges. I'll post the link for that since it was reported on the news and I haven't seen anything released that I can link it to. Can't copy and paste the post here from that forum.

ETA:http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?threadid=298861

Both the kids, especially the daughter have a far away look in their eyes as if they know something or know that this is much more than what their dad is saying. I don't think that guy snapped, but that this whole thing was premeditated and he was waiting just to make sure the divorce was going to happen.

seems that way,for sure.the kids may be in denial right now,as it may be their only way to cope.

I believe I read the gun charges were dropped down to some kind of misdemeanor.
In regards to the children, even if they do know something, I think they will defend their dad. I have seen cases in the past where even adult children presented with tons of evidence will refuse to see one parent killed another one. This has got to be hell for both of them, and my heart goes out to them. I hope someone thinks to get them into counseling, and soon.
Just my opinion.

Craig S was arrested Jan. 3rd, 1995 he was living at 332 Fourth St. Waukegan, IL. Craig was 29 years of age. He was driving a Toyota truck and stopped due to his windshield being shattered. They found 4 weapons in the bed of his truck including two assault rifles. The guns were in plain view, the weapons included Chinese made AK-47, semiautomatic assault rifle,Ruger mini-14 assault rifle, a universal 10gauge double-barrel shotgun, and a desert semiautomatic hand gun,a eagle-44 magnum semiautomatic hand gun.
Among several weapons related charges the most serious was a felony offense of possessing firearms within 1,000 feet of a school. He was also charged with operating an unsafe motor vehicle and driving with a revoked drivers license. At the time, Stebic was wanted on a Lake County Warrant for failing to appear in court on a charge of driving with a revoked license.
On April 7th, 1995,he entered a negotiated guilty plea in Lake County Circuit Court to a reduced charge of illegal possession of firearms without having a state firearm owners identification card. He was sentenced to court supervision and fined $200.00 on April 1. 1996 his sentence was terminated early.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49805

Either Craig is one lucky son-of-a gun OR either he and the prosecutor or the judge must have been hunting buddies! IMO, he got off with very light punishment, considering all that he was charged with!

Really, being that happened in Illinois, I can hardly believe it!

Anyone familiar with IL divorce law??

It appears as if they sold that house, they would owe the mortgage company about $35K (no equity). (Financial info in article posted by Windchime in other thread + zillow.com for current value.) If they handled their mortgage this way, wonder about credit card debt as well.

Would Craig have been stuck with the lion's share of the debt because he earned the lion share of the income?

Would they even have been able to sell that house without coming up with a check (or loan) for the $35K?

It appears she expected Craig to maintain her and the kids in the home (that they didn't own, it owned them) while he moved in with his dad (no money for a second residence).

I wonder if that $35K alone would be motive for her disappearance.

I don't know about the rest,but a mortgage loan is still required to be paid in full,no matter what,and no matter how they had to go about it to get it paid off.Maybe the bigger question is,was she on the loan as well?If they could come to no agreement,then a judge would decide how much each would pay on it.

I just got to thinking... (as I was trying to catch up on Lisa's case) .... what about the kids? I wonder what they are thinking..... I mean come on the last time they saw their mom was prolly before they went for candy.... makes me wonder if they are thinking...... what if we would not have gone to get candy.... what if dad sent us to get candy to get rid of us...... Just really makes me wonder.... I have a 12 year old boy and would NEVER let him go down to the store for candy..... NEVER at his age!

There is something in the eyes of the daughter..... seeing that picture of her ..... just something.... she knows or thinks something...

I read that CS is not letting the kids talk to PD or FBI now either....... shesh! he is just making it look worse and worse for him..... :bang:

I don't know how he could make himself look more guilty unless he waved a huge red flag and screamed, "I did it!"

While at a state park the other day the idea occurred to me that during the holiday weekend there will be hikers, fisherman, boaters, etc. out and about that may uncover something useful. During the hunting season I know this issue always comes up. Not only this case but many other missing persons as well.

While at a state park the other day the idea occurred to me that during the holiday weekend there will be hikers, fisherman, boaters, etc. out and about that may uncover something useful. During the hunting season I know this issue always comes up. Not only this case but many other missing persons as well.

Strach, good thinking, as usual.

I take it they haven't arrested him yet? I was hoping that blood they found would be enough to take him in and remove the kids from his custody. I am very worried about those children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Awebb49