Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe these people seem to have no fear. I guess its a "rush" or "high" for them. Not getting caught is prob a power trip.
ugh.
They do feel fear, but it doesn’t stop them from committing their crimes.

That’s why you frequently seem profiles released that discuss behavioral changes and alterations to their physical appearance.

They’re scared of getting caught, especially after committing their first murder.

That dissipates, and turns into a feeling of power (likely felt during the murders themselves too).

Hopefully he’s back to feeling anxiety again. He should be scared.

Why is that?

I think they know who it is, and this person is under 24/7 surveillance. I don’t think they’re a serial killer and trying to relive this. I could be completely wrong, but something makes me think he at least knew of these girls, whether it was directly personal or not. Just a gut feel and all is JMO.

ETA: As I’ve said many times before, they’re not telling the public they need to be afraid! They’re not saying there’s a murderer out looking to strike again. They’re asking for tips to things they already know to confirm and nail this person. Again, MOO.

Ironically I just came across this quote, “We’re coming for you.”

““On May 14, 2014, DCI Special Agent Mike Roehrkasse with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said the DCI is pretty confident Michael Klunder is no longer a person of interest in the [Cook/Collins] case.

“We’re coming for you”
Also in May 2014, Drew Collins and Waterloo Director of Safety Services Dan Trelka traveled to Utica, New York, to participate in the Ride for Missing and Exploited Children.”

Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins

Note: Exact same words as Carter “We’re coming for you.”

“We’re coming for you. We’re going to find you, and we’re going to come get you,” said Waterloo Director of Safety Services Dan Trelka.“

“2019, we’re coming for you.”
A Chevrolet commercial. Maybe a clue to the make of the vehicle?

Just joking! And an example of how it’s very easy to find meaningless connections on the www.
Chevrolet

As LE claim sketch #1 is no longer a POI, I’m certain we can be confident he’s been investigated upside and sideways and he has no connection to the murder.

To your theory, wouldn’t Sketch #1, the real killer, know anybody resembling sketch #2 isn’t the killer and therefore LE cannot have evidence proving #2 is, therefore what pressure would #1 be under?

Like I said, I'm sure I'm completely wrong, but the thought would be maybe he would turn himself in to protect the relative. Doubtful and wishful thinking, but just a thought.

As LE claim sketch #1 is no longer a POI, I’m certain we can be confident he’s been investigated upside and sideways and he has no connection to the murder.

To your theory, wouldn’t Sketch #1, the real killer, know anybody resembling sketch #2 isn’t the killer and therefore LE cannot have evidence proving #2 is, therefore what pressure would #1 be under?
LE said Sketch #1 is "secondary" . LE did not say sketch #1 has no connection to the murder. Unless I missed something.

LE said Sketch #1 is "secondary" . LE did not say sketch #1 has no connection to the murder. Unless I missed something.
They came out stronger on Wednesday, two days following the press conference.

DELPHI, Ind. – Indiana State Police clarified Wednesday that the two different sketches released in the Delphi double murder investigation are of two people and the man depicted in the first sketch is no longer considered a person of interest in the case.

Indiana State Police clarify why they released new sketch in Delphi investigation

Like I said, I'm sure I'm completely wrong, but the thought would be maybe he would turn himself in to protect the relative. Doubtful and wishful thinking, but just a thought.

Nothing wrong with wishful thinking at all! My wishful thinking is the recent information that prompted the new direction onto #2 was far superior than what proved to be unproductive focus on #1.

I've been doing a LOT of thinking over the past week. I've torn the PC apart and examined every word. I posted shortly after the Presser to make the comment that I felt that every word was chosen specifically and that LE was on script. I still believe that.

1. The Shack - I don't think this was just arbitrarily thrown into the mix, just because. It was part of the Presser for a specific reason. It brings religion, spirituality, faith, redemption, forgiveness and other christian themes to the forefront. Somehow, LE believes that either the POI is religious in himself, OR there is a religious reason for the murders. They played on those beliefs in the Presser to elicit a response somehow. I do not believe we can discount "The Shack" as meaning nothing. It was mentioned for a specific reason.

2. The Timing of The Presser - Easter Monday is significant I believe. Again it

4. "We've either interviewed you or someone close to you" - This is to illicit fear. OMG you know me! It's also a message to whoever he's either told or who is protecting him that LE is on to them.

5. Hiding in Plain Sight - How do you hide in plain sight? Well, the original sketch allowed the killer to hide in plain sight for 2 years. That's number 1. You hide in plain sight when you believe you are untouchable and no one would suspect. You hold a position in the community that holds you in fairly high esteem. Teachers, Clergy, LE, Policitians, Volunteers, Firemen, Doctors, Paramedics, Government Officials. You are someone that can talk the talk and walk the walk and people would NEVER suspect you. You are from Delphi or neighbouring areas. You belong there. You know people. You know the lay of the land. You are connected. You are beyond reproach. You can walk down the street and know people. You are one of them. This is probably the most frightening part about this whole thing. Everybody knows you.

Sorry for the long post but I've been thinking about this presser for days now and I just had to get this all out.

MOO as always.
I've been doing a LOT of thinking over the past week. I've torn the PC apart and examined every word. I posted shortly after the Presser to make the comment that I felt that every word was chosen specifically and that LE was on script. I still believe that.

1. The Shack - I don't think this was just arbitrarily thrown into the mix, just because. It was part of the Presser for a specific reason. It brings religion, spirituality, faith, redemption, forgiveness and other christian themes to the forefront. Somehow, LE believes that either the POI is religious in himself, OR there is a religious reason for the murders. They played on those beliefs in the Presser to elicit a response somehow. I do not believe we can discount "The Shack" as meaning nothing. It was mentioned for a specific reason.

2. The Timing of The Presser - Easter Monday is significant I believe. Again it goes to religion and a belief system. Jesus DIED FOR OUR SINS is the theme of Easter and new life. Forgiveness and the promise of being born again. Jesus is risen. To me, this was Presser was timed to take advantage of those themes and thoughts. The girls have risen and are not how you left them. They are in a better place. Then pressure on the killer by way of the Easter theme of someone dying for his sins. I could be way off base here but just thinking out loud at this point.

3. The Timing of the Presser and Prior Notice - They wanted as many people there as possible. They know they are looking for a younger person so over Easter break University Students would be home. If the Killer is a University student then the likliehood of him being home for Easter is a possibility. If there are religious ties, then being home for Easter is even more likely.

4. "We've either interviewed you or someone close to you" - This is to illicit fear. OMG you know me! It's also a message to whoever he's either told or who is protecting him that LE is on to them.

5. Hiding in Plain Sight - How do you hide in plain sight? Well, the original sketch allowed the killer to hide in plain sight for 2 years. That's number 1. You hide in plain sight when you believe you are untouchable and no one would suspect. You hold a position in the community that holds you in fairly high esteem. Teachers, Clergy, LE, Policitians, Volunteers, Firemen, Doctors, Paramedics, Government Officials. You are someone that can talk the talk and walk the walk and people would NEVER suspect you. You are from Delphi or neighbouring areas. You belong there. You know people. You know the lay of the land. You are connected. You are beyond reproach. You can walk down the street and know people. You are one of them. This is probably the most frightening part about this whole thing. Everybody knows you.

Sorry for the long post but I've been thinking about this presser for days now and I just had to get this all out.

MOO as always.
If you want to go for the religious angle, perhaps the person who knows BG is silenced by faith?

I agree that BG is hiding in plain sight and probably the last person you would expect. It’s a reminder that just because someone claims to have faith or be “good”, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they don’t harbour dark fantasies deep down.

The next person who brings up or hints about the information on the scanner thread will be issued a 5 day thread reply ban.

The mod admonitions on the first page are there for your benefit. I don't type them because I like to exercise my fingers. They are a guideline for posters. Ignoring those guidelines could lead to the loss of posting privileges.

For those asking for image of a red car seen on the computer screen during the most recent briefing. I found this (someone else had posted it elsewhere):

https://i.imgur.com/e2KvwgE.jpg

It appears to be an icon for a shortcut, with the word "Aspen". JMO but I really don't think it has anything to do with the case and is instead an application used by LE.

UGPTI - Aspen

It should be noted that a red car was investigated early on. But it was ruled out pretty quickly as not connected. It's embedded in this news video at approx 1:06:

I don't think we know whether BG is feeling the pressure. Maybe LE hasn't interviewed him. Maybe he wasn't parked in the vacant lot. Maybe he doesn't resemble the sketch. What then?

Then maybe they use other evidence that they have collected from their thousands of hours of investigating?

I highly doubt this was a hail marry

It would do unrepairable damage to their investigation to move in such a direction without some solid evidence

So much that they absolutely wouldn't do it unless they were extremely confident

They are narrowing their focus

Many times when an investigation is going cold they tend to largely expand it

You have the complete opposite in this case

They do think the murderer has been hiding in plain site, but wouldn't any information from more than two years ago have been thoroughly followed through and investigated?
They say they have changed direction, but they never really indicated what led to that decision.
Aren't there many possibilities?
What evidence is there that the "answer" was in plain sight, and what exactly is the answer that some are alluding to?
Sometimes the last piece of the puzzle needed is a confession. The evidence collected from the crime scene could be flimsy and easily torn apart by a good prosecutor. I think we have all at one point seen a criminal go free due to lack of good evidence. If they don’t think it will hold up in court, then the best thing they can get is a confession.

I don't think we know whether BG is feeling the pressure. Maybe LE hasn't interviewed him. Maybe he wasn't parked in the vacant lot. Maybe he doesn't resemble the sketch. What then?

Good question. I can’t help but wonder if somebody might’ve been tempted to pass along a tip many months ago that might’ve proved lucrative, except the person looked nothing like sketch #1. So with great relief, they wrote off their inner feelings as utter nonsense. I really do think that could’ve happened as very few people would be jumping for joy over an opportunity to call in a tip on a family member or friend. Hopefully sketch #2 might cause them to revisit their suspicions.

That’s the risk of avidly promoting a sketch and I’m not surprised why a lot of people do think it’s just like a photo of a person. LE could’ve done a better job of educating the public in that regard IMO

Information about the suspect or the crime based on first hand knowledge doesnt impede the investigation.

Yesterday, I saw someone recommend turning in a tip about a better way to focus on the photograph. Now THAT is an impediment to the investigation.

That is what the police are referring too. If anyone here thinks they're going to solve the case from their living room couch, with HLN playing in the background, they're delusional.
That’s a little harsh and I don’t think anyone here thinks that they can solve the case, they just want to help because they want closure for the girls and their families ... and themselves.

You don’t have to personally know the girls to feel some sort of trauma for what has happened. Genuinely decent people with a good heart may actually feel so sad for these girls that they WANT to help. So ease up.

Didn’t the LE say there was only one person involved? I’m sure I remember hearing and seeing that. Correct me if I’m wrong.
You are correct. They said they were looking for one person
There is zero evidence this crime is in anyway tied to any religion or anyone in L.E.
He said it was a thought and did not state it as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769