Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask this hypothetical,

Say you were being harassed on your social media by sleuths or whatever but we're innocent. Would you wipe your social media presence and all accounts or would you keep them active and fight back?
Cannot answer you. I don’t have social media accounts. I cannot imagine that kind of stress. Life is hard enough.

Say you were being harassed on your social media by sleuths or whatever but we're innocent. Would you wipe your social media presence and all accounts or would you keep them active and fight back?

I'm not sure. I own a small business and that would be a disaster to have to take down my sm presence. On the other hand, it would be a horrible ordeal. I'd probably try to block harassment to start and go from there.

First of all, that should not be happening.

LE has this and the public shouldn’t be a lynch mob.

To answer you question, I would be scared, for sure. Other personalities would be bolder, I am sure, and fight to defend their name.

It’s a shame that is happening, but has to be a result of the side by side comparisons on social media. Unjust and wrong.

If you think you have a good comparison, tip it in, don’t share it where a million people see it.

I have wondered this same thing. I tend to think I would keep the account and fight back, but that’s my nature. Someone more soft spoken may have a harder time doing that. But if I’m innocent I’m letting everyone know I’m innocent!

However, I know of guilty people sitting in jail and their social media accounts are still active, so some just plain don’t care either way I guess.

Going back over everything...again...I'm getting some really bad vibes, even more than before. What if this was deliberate murder because the girls knew something that someone could not afford to have known...something very dark about someone in the community? I know it doesn't on the surface appear to fit this MO...but I just feel so deeply troubled that something is a little "off" here concerning this whole situation. This is just my "feeling" and is not based on anything I've heard so far. So if this kind of questioning is not allowed and needs to be removed I understand. I've read the rules but this is just my 2nd comment, so am still learning.

Whatever your feeling is, no small town local police department alone is running this investigation. The Multi-Agency Task Force includes local, county, state and federal investigators. Carter isn’t local either, he’s the Superintendent of Indiana State Police based in Indianapolis. The high level of focus that both LE and the families have strived to maintain throughout this entire time I think is absolutely amazing and speaks to the high determination in solving this case. Nothing is “off” about that.

In watching the press conference you feel LE knows this person, up close and personal. They said he may live or at one time did live or work in Delphi. I’m sorry but that scares me to death. Yet they issued no warning to the public. In such a small little town, I would be very afraid to be alone, very afraid to look at other people. What if he saw me looking at him and he had the urge to kill again? I just cannot understand how the people aren’t very very afraid. That brings a lot of pressure on LE to get this guy. We aren’t talking about Chicago or New York. We are speaking of a little town with population of less than 3000. So with everyone knowing everyone else, where is he??
My honest opinion,
The most recent PC, most of what they said was made to be semantic interpretations.

E.g. “we think you might be with us here today, you are between 18-40 years old. You may have told someone...........”

Against my wishes, I really think LE is at a standstill. They have no real clarification or legitimate explanation on why the first sketch is now moot. Yes, I realize why they may not tell us at this time.

The last thing we want to hear from their mouths is that they don’t have any new leads.

Look at the Closs case, nobody had the slightest idea of what happened there. The motive or the senseless motive for a better term, was something nobody could have Imagined.

If harassment, report to the social media company, block them, or take a break from SM for awhile. Or all of the above. If you are being threatened, contact LE immediately. Take screen shots.
People can be jerks when they think they are anonymous. In reality, any IP can be traced with ease, unless very sophisticated measures have been taken. Best of luck with this hypothetical question. No one should be bullied, harassed, or threatened online. Fortunately the laws have caught up to address this.

Amateur opinion and speculation

My honest opinion,
The most recent PC, most of what they said was made to be semantic interpretations.

E.g. “we think you might be with us here today, you are between 18-40 years old. You may have told someone...........”

Against my wishes, I really think LE is at a standstill. They have no real clarification or legitimate explanation on why the first sketch is now moot. Yes, I realize why they may not tell us at this time.

The last thing we want to hear from their mouths is that they don’t have any new leads.

Look at the Closs case, nobody had the slightest idea of what happened there. The motive or the senseless motive for a better term, was something nobody could have Imagined.
And further more, with the Closs case, I was almost certain I knew who committed that monster act. I was so so wrong.

Ok, hopefully we never have to experience what others have been caught in being falsely identified/accused as perpetrators on social media.

It makes sense to think about the type who could have done this, in a generic sense, and the new push from Supt. Carter the BG has local ties of some sort. I have hope it’s narrowing down.

Tip Information Contacts
e-Mail: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com
Tip Line: (844) 459-5786
Indiana State Police: (800) 382-7537
Carroll County Sheriff: (765) 564-2413

That’s the part that is confounding to me, why the first sketch was ruled out.

I know there is some speculation it was based upon the video, which makes sense. Then a possible witness, where the slur was made the witness was a “she.”

So, to backtrack, how many pressers have there been from the multi-agency task force? There was the first one, where the “down the hill” voice capture was shared. There was another one at the trailhead. I didn’t watch that one, but it gained some criticism. And the last one, which hopefully is a game changer. Was there another one in there with the “she” slip as eye witness, or did that come from from the first presser. Thanks for your help.

Are you including this one, at the time the first sketch was released, because it’s not a slip. It’s the same media report as the prior oft-repeated “not blue eyes”:
Police release sketch of man accused of murdering Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams
“Police say the sketch of the suspect is based off witness tips, including one woman who told police she saw this man near the Delphi Historic Trails the day Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered.“

But I don’t recall any other mention about this person but I could be wrong.

There's an individual on twitter who appears to be spamming the hashtags and accusing someone to the point of harassment. I think this is what spurred on the public statement by ISP to stop that kind of behavior.

There's definitely a difference between speculating here, presenting arguments based on the facts of the case so far, and sleuthing in a discreet respectful manner vs just straight up accusing people publicly on SM with facebook photo comparisons etc. JMO.

I’ll answer. I would either lock them down tight or deactivate them until the craziness subsided. There’s no use in fighting with a bunch of looney tunes who think they know it all. I would also get the first appointment available with a good defamation attorney.

For me, if I was confused with another person that was such, I would just merely shut down my social media.

For me, I don't have any question on that answer.

I would not fight it. I would not get on social media to do anything to try to educate those that I would consider tr@lls.

I consider it analogous to people who may come on a social media site such as this, and say something outrageous.Even here, I just roll and scroll and ignore sometimes because I think it says more about the person being outrageous, such as something like saying I was a murderer and I look like a murderer, than it does about me.

Yet again, it's the old question of if you are in a movie theater and there was a fire, would you do what you are knowing you should do, which is walk out and tell a manager, or would you go screaming "there is a fire!"

Perhaps this is one of those situations where you think you know what you would do, but until it happens, one doesn't REALLY know what they would do?

I guess with my lifestyle it would be so outrageous it would be a non-issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brisketfeed