Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if spousal privilege is a possible issue in this case. Are their any legal experts who know whether communication between two spouses is considered privileged by courts in Indiana?
Communication between two spouses is considered privileged by court. This privilege is only for confidential communications.

Communication between two spouses is considered privileged by court. This privilege is only for confidential communications.

This isnt accurate. In a criminal court a spouse cannot be compelled to testify against their spouse. Trammel v United States was the case, I believe. This is privilege of the *testimonial spouse* to exercise or waive, not the accused.

You're getting the spousal communications privilege confused with testimonial privilege.

I was a little shocked listening to the Best Case, Worst Case podcast this morning where one of the hosts said that the person in the first sketch had been arrested recently and subsequently ruled out as been the killer (right at the very end of the podcast). But the way she said it, she was basically saying that the person recently arrested was in fact the guy in the 1st sketch and a sex offender, but was not responsible for these murders. I had not heard this stated by LE previously or in any MSM articles. Either they have more information than the public is aware of, or it was badly worded and simply echoing the rumours that CE looked like the sketch...or I missed LE confirming this?

LE have definetly not publically confirmed this.

I agree with you the podcast either knew more or got it wrong and misled people.

Its a bit disappointing the way she stated it - I have alot of respect for that podcast, but to say it so matter-of-factly, she needs to either correct it ASAP if it was an assumption not based on fact, or clarify where they got this information from. Any little bit of information that could be incorrect right now is not good for LE keeping their key messages and public focus clear and uncluttered with rumours (even though the first sketch isn't a focus anymore).

I have listened to that podcast, and have seen confusion over whether or not old guy sketch was dismissed because that person was arrested and he wasn't BG, but I have not seen it speculated that that person was CE?

Personally, I don't believe what was said in the podcast was even true.

There was a member of this forum who reached out to the podcast over Facebook about this information that there was an arrest and that is how they ruled out sketch of older guy. The member was told that this was information they received from insiders in the case. Since these were all retired LE and FBI I do tend to believe that the information is true. This was all discussed yesterday or last evening AFAIR

I'm frankly a bit curious. For those that don't believe that LE have someone "on the hook" do you believe something should have been brought up about the possible DANGER to the community? Do you think one of the girls was TARGETED specifically? Do you think BOTH girls were targeted specifically?

I'm frankly a bit curious. For those that don't believe that LE have someone "on the hook" do you believe something should have been brought up about the possible DANGER to the community? Do you think one of the girls was TARGETED specifically? Do you think BOTH girls were targeted specifically?
I personally do not think either girl was specifically targeted. I tend to think this was an opportunistic crime. Who knows how many times this guy set out to do this and finally saw his moment. I'll bet he came prepared at numerous times and in numerous locations. He is still out there and is a danger to the community imo. He needs to be caught pronto.

There was a member of this forum who reached out to the podcast over Facebook about this information that there was an arrest and that is how they ruled out sketch of older guy. The member was told that this was information they received from insiders in the case. Since these were all retired LE and FBI I do tend to believe that the information is true. This was all discussed yesterday or last evening AFAIR

Thank you.

It would be helpful if the people that did the podcast came out and clarified this directly I think.

Not doubting the websleuths member that has communicated with them at at all but they really should be clearer on the podcast about this.

I believe the perp will be affiliated or even employed/volunteers by/at a church. I do not think there will be any religious reasons for the murders if we ever get to the point where those questions would be asked.
I don't think there will be any religious reasons for the murders either. I think they were just for his sick perverted desires.

I've seen examples of LE stating publicly to media that "There's
no danger to the community", when in actuality there is danger since they don't know yet who committed the crime and with no
arrest yet, off course the community is in danger. LE does not like to incite panic or lack of confidence in the safety of their community. moo.

I personally do not think either girl was specifically targeted. I tend to think this was an opportunistic crime. Who knows how many times this guy set out to do this and finally saw his moment. I'll bet he came prepared at numerous times and in numerous locations. He is still out there and is a danger to the community imo. He needs to be caught pronto.

BBM. I agree, and especially after listening to the podcast linked here the other day. Similar to the who acted as an Uber driver to kidnap and murder.....that was probably not that guy's first try either.

I don't think there will be any religious reasons for the murders either. I think they were just for his sick perverted desires.

Agree. The killer might be religious or he might be an atheist. I don't think whatever his beliefs about God are played into motive at all. Or prevented the act (obviously).

Another sleepless night over this case. I made the mistake of going out to SM to check out what is being said out there and it is just like the Wild West! Talk about nutty crazy talk.......I feel like my brain needs a bath!

I wish had something substantial to add this morning. I have nothing at this point but hope that today will be the day!

Another sleepless night over this case. I made the mistake of going out to SM to check out what is being said out there and it is just like the Wild West! Talk about nutty crazy talk.......I feel like my brain needs a bath!

Sounds like you're in need of one of my favorite products - Brain Bleach. Seriously though, people are crazy. moo

... Do you think one of the girls was TARGETED specifically? Do you think BOTH girls were targeted specifically?

This is a very good question. If they were targeted, personally, then surely there would have been more progress by now? If not, there's a random killer on the loose and I'd expect either other incidents or specific safety recommendations.

Last edited by a moderator:

I wish had something substantial to add this morning. I have nothing at this point but hope that today will be the day!
What's SM?

No, I think the girls were in the wrong place at the same time, a beginning killer was hunting a target....... I have came to believe that over time, that when "LE says there is no danger to the public" it is to keep down on fearful jumpy local people, from accidently shooting their innocent neighbors....moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member