OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#47

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the one skeleton the Rs would not want shaken out of their closet??? The Rs who were murdered had no criminal records. Ha Look at the Wagners. Evil to the core. Even with their own horse and doggie customers. JMHO

Uhm, weed... It was still very illegal at that point in time. KR2 admitted that her father grew.

Jake already had 50% visitation but no legal custody. HR was considered the custodial parent who could make the decisions in what she felt was in S's best interests. In fact, it was up to Hanna how often Jake could even see her. Jake didn't even get permanent custody right away. He only got temporary custody, then he got the full legal custody later.

I don't know, but it seems like it could have been risky going to court and revealing the age difference. But it becomes moot if the couple marries.
The marriage would have solved his problems. Next he chose to eliminate the mother.

Agree that marriage would have solved his problems, but HR broke up with him, had two other boyfriends and then had a child with one of those boyfriends. I think she was totally done with JW from a romantic standpoint and he knew she wasn't coming back. I don't think it has been stated anywhere "why" HR broke up with JW, but I bet she had good reasons and her parents knew the reasons.

I agree that it would have been risky for him to go to court. First, he had no argument to make about why he should get full custody. HR was very fair in visitations for him, so she wasn't withholding his child from him. From everything I've read, SW was well taken care of and was very loved by her mother and her mother's family. No arguments for abuse or neglect that I can see.

JMO, he faced potential trouble going to court because of statutory rape and my guess is the Rhodens probably had other information about his character that would have been alarming to a judge. It's not a far stretch for me to believe that a man who commits statutory rape and who stands accused of multiple murders might also be emotionally and/or physically abusive. That's JMO.

Also noted that Suds, Jake or the late Hanna at the time of her death were not residents of Pike County, Ohio when the judge in Pike County, Ohio made the decision to award custody to Jake.
Whoa! I did not even realize that! OMG! I hope and pray for Justice "in all four corners" here! TYSM for pointing this out.

Uhm, weed... It was still very illegal at that point in time. KR2 admitted that her father grew.

Lol. Weed vs. Murder. Besides, the dead cannot be charged with a single thing. Please stop bashing the victims.

Ha!..:p...You must be referring to this article.....

Pike County: Father accused in Rhoden massacre faced prior felonies

"Years before, in 2001, Wagner was the subject of a Pike County Sheriff's Office investigation after various power tools, dirt bikes and other items went missing from Eastern High School and from lumber, electric and hardwood stores.

Deputies obtained a search warrant for the mobile home where Billy Wagner lived, in the 800 block of Bethel Hill Road, about 20 miles from the school.

They found power tools and other items identified as stolen in a shed and a red horse trailer parked on the property, according to court records.

During the execution of the search warrant, Wagner claimed he'd simply purchased the tools from two individuals *** He asked if he could pay "some fine," a deputy wrote "....:rolleyes:

In the article above, the picture of the Ws that's featured, was it ever determined who took the pic?

I don't think the underage thing would have stopped him, b/c he filed the papers, w/ the courts, and their info was on it, right after her death. Why didn't they charge him then, as they are charging him now? They're just throwing everything on them they think will stick, right now. Identical charges except for that one. That one charge will stick but it's the least of his worries.

It's very rare that grandparents win over a parent, in court, so it would have to be something just egregious, b/c the Rs had at least one skeleton they'd not want shaken out of their closet too. Unless they had protection.

I don't think they had dna done w/S. I think the two just put his name on the birth cert. That doesn't fly anymore if you're unmarried. He described her toe in his request for temp custody and provided baby pics of her, and himself, as proof of them being father and child. Did no one help him fill it out, or were his parents clueless too? They want that dna.

I am going to throw something out here that may be farfetched but it kind of fits. Is it possible that SW is not Jake's child. He is very attached to her there is no doubt of that and so is Angie. What if when he and Hannah split she asked for child support and the DNA came back that he was not the father. He then knows there is no way he can get legal custody or even visitation rights. They may have even consulted an attorney and have been told, you are not the father, you are not married to the mother so you are not even the stepfather so you have no rights. So they try to get Hannah to sign over parental rights to SW and she says no. Then she tells him if he pushes she won't even let him see SW.

That trying to produce proof he is the father, or the closest thing to it SW has ever had instead of just producing a DNA test kind of makes me think this could have been the case. It also fits as to why he would have needed a lot of money to get custody of her as he would have had to legally adopt her instead of just being awarded custody because he was her biological father. We all wondered about that account and why he would be asking for money for legal bills.

They split in the summer of 2015, Hannah tries for child support, a DNA test is ordered, it comes back in Dec 2015 or Jan 2016, they consult a lawyer, find out they have no rights, so kill everyone who might even have a chance for custody.

Just a theory, but it kind of fits.

JMO

Agree that marriage would have solved his problems, but HR broke up with him, had two other boyfriends and then had a child with one of those boyfriends. I think she was totally done with JW from a romantic standpoint and he knew she wasn't coming back. I don't think it has been stated anywhere "why" HR broke up with JW, but I bet she had good reasons and her parents knew the reasons.

I agree that it would have been risky for him to go to court. First, he had no argument to make about why he should get full custody. HR was very fair in visitations for him, so she wasn't withholding his child from him. From everything I've read, SW was well taken care of and was very loved by her mother and her mother's family. No arguments for abuse or neglect that I can see.

JMO, he faced potential trouble going to court because of statutory rape and my guess is the Rhodens probably had other information about his character that would have been alarming to a judge. It's not a far stretch for me to believe that a man who commits statutory rape and who stands accused of multiple murders might also be emotionally and/or physically abusive. That's JMO.

JW did physically abuse HR. One of her family members witnessed it. I'll just say JMO because I will not say who it was. JMHO

RSBM

It's quite likely to me they didn't know in advance, just because potential murderers don't tell anyone, who isn't directly participating, their plans. I think secrecy is essential to maintaining the courage to go ahead with it, this applies outside criminal contexts, like wartime battles, raids, etc, people don't share the plan with even their most trusted loved ones ahead of time.

However, I think FW and RN must have, at some level, realized what happened as soon as they learned about the massacre, since only a few weeks before they'd conspired to forge the custody document

ETA, My observation is our legal system doesn't expect parents to rat out their children, they're rarely punished for protecting them.

Or they did know, and the murderers openly shared their plans bc they were all 6 involved. I could see it either way.

I am going to throw something out here that may be farfetched but it kind of fits. Is it possible that SW is not Jake's child. He is very attached to her there is no doubt of that and so is Angie. What if when he and Hannah split she asked for child support and the DNA came back that he was not the father. He then knows there is no way he can get legal custody or even visitation rights. They may have even consulted an attorney and have been told, you are not the father, you are not married to the mother so you are not even the stepfather so you have no rights. So they try to get Hannah to sign over parental rights to SW and she says no. Then she tells him if he pushes she won't even let him see SW.

That trying to produce proof he is the father, or the closest thing to it SW has ever had instead of just producing a DNA test kind of makes me think this could have been the case. It also fits as to why he would have needed a lot of money to get custody of her as he would have had to legally adopt her instead of just being awarded custody because he was her biological father. We all wondered about that *** account and why he would be asking for money for legal bills.

They split in the summer of 2015, Hannah tries for child support, a DNA test is ordered, it comes back in Dec 2015 or Jan 2016, they consult a lawyer, find out they have no rights, so kill everyone who might even have a chance for custody.

Just a theory, but it kind of fits.

JMO

Raisin, I have pondered that. He wanted K bad enough to make that very odd statement about wanting mandatory visits... He did end up with custody though, didn't he? Wouldn't he have to do a dna if it had not been done before?

Edit: He got full, legal, court approved custody, not just temp, before they arrested him, is what I mean.

I've got family younger than FW, who are still not super happy about their children being unmarried, living together, and having a child. They've accepted it, but still would prefer that they'd tie the knot. I think that's why they got the tatted on bands, maybe said a couple vows, As in; We are married in the eyes of God. A faux marriage, in other words, to appease his family/beliefs. I believe the one thing that her parents would not allow her to do, was to marry before age 18, seeing how young DR & CR1 were when they married (16 & 19 respectively). So, they did it their way.

Side note: S. was born just a few days prior, to HMR's FB Status Change to: Married on Nov. 23rd, 2013.

And how old was she at that time? TIA

Never said that it did and I didn't. Speaking truth isn't bashing.

I'm just pointing out the obvious here. KR or none of the other victims are charged with anything. They are dead. The ones about to be on trial here are the ones charged. I rest my point.

Raisin, I have pondered that. He wanted K bad enough to make that very odd statement about wanting mandatory visits... He did end up with custody though, didn't he? Wouldn't he have to do a dna if it had not been done before?

Edit: He got full, legal, court approved custody, not just temp, before they arrested him, is what I mean.
It has been pointed out that the judge awarding that custody was biased. Without knowing who the biological father was and knowing the child had just been through the trauma of losing her mother, I can see the judge giving custody to Jake even if he was not the bio since SW certainly thought he was her father. He was the only father that child had ever known, so yeah even if he was not the bio, and no grandparents left alive to step in, I can see him being awarded full legal custody after proving with baby pics and ect that he was the only father SW had ever known. He may have had to adopt her legally, hence the huge legal bills he talked about. Just a theory though.

JMO

It has been pointed out that the judge awarding that custody was biased. Without knowing who the biological father was and knowing the child had just been through the trauma of losing her mother, I can see the judge giving custody to Jake even if he was not the bio since SW certainly thought he was her father. He was the only father that child had ever known, so yeah even if he was not the bio, and no grandparents left alive to step in, I can see him being awarded full legal custody after proving with baby pics and ect that he was the only father SW had ever known. He may have had to adopt her legally, hence the huge legal bills he talked about. Just a theory though.

JMO

I like the theory. What if ? Oh my goodness. Surely if they haven't done one, they will.

Excellent summary, thanks.

Good point that it isn't just about physical residence, it's also about where the child will go to school, and to church, etc. And with shared custody, both parents have to agree.

Also, I wonder when the idea of moving to Alaska came up, was that ever discussed on here? Was the plan always for the 3 generations to start a new life there, after they'd carried out their final solution back in Ohio.

That's a good question about when the idea of moving to Alaska came up. I really can't see that this was part of their life plan as it appears they were tied to FW's purse strings for income, JMO. I did read (not a confirmation) they came back to Ohio because they ran out of money.

This is JMO, but they went to Alaska because LE was breathing down their necks.

Because he is charged with murder. They'll throw everything at them that they can. Sometimes, things don't stick when they get to court. They know that will likely stick b/c they have living proof. Idk how many 15 y.o and 19 y.o. would be split and children taken, if they charged every person in the land who had a relationship like theirs. Look closely at this region. They're just now cracking down on teachers who sleep with their students. That went on all the time when I was in school. Guys bragged, girls thought it was cool.

They wouldn't have taken the child away from the mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelenFlower1