Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems many people are discussing the sketches as being unrelated in terms of looks, age range, etc. They feel annoyed and that LE wasted 2 years.

But, what if you stop focusing on the actual facial representations, and consider the "unseen" aspects of the fact that there are 2 sketches. What if all the tips and investigation of the first sketch did 2 things:
  1. allowed LE to rule him out
  2. AND, somehow led them to sketch #2, literally - perhaps there is a connection between the 2 sketches that we are not privy to
Just maybe, they would never have turned to sketch #2 without completely vetting sketch #1 first. Personally, I think there is a link between the sketches which no one but LE knows. JMO

You make a great point. IMO, sketch #1 was of a real person. LE found him, and were able to rule him out 100%.

So to me, they've narrowed down their suspects and have focused on one in particular who is associated with that vehicle. I think they know who it is and where they parked and now their strategy is to get the person who lied about the vehicle to tell the truth. JMO.

RSBM

This is what I WANT to believe! I continue to struggle in my effort to feel confident... But, I also continue to hope this is correct.

We are all just waiting for the arrest!

C'mon ya stinkin' coward, if it's about power... Let's just see how powerful you are with your identity known.

Yikes. I think I’ve been looking at the wrong lot or area for the old CPS/welfare parking lot. In the press conference, Carter stated “on the east side of county rd 300 north.” According to this map’s compass, that’s on the opposite side of the road of where the welfare building stood, also opposite side to the trail entrances after the curve. So perhaps the car stood out more so in that location. Or was more isolated from view of the people at the trail that day.

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/newsbug.info/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/d/eb/deb60c4e-acf9-11e5-9ce2-bbc779333205/568082db42bb4.image.jpg?resize=1200,1553

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the prominent chin discussion... the other feature that stands out to me in the suspect sketch is the short amount of space between his upper lip and nose. MOO.

Agree. When comparing features, it is always the differences from the norm that are important and the degree of disproportion to the rest of the face.

It's not just that BG has a long, protruding chin so much as it is disproportional to the rest of his face. It's not only that BG has a short space between his nose and upper lip but it is also disproportional to the rest of his face. Those features stood out to the witness.

When comparing photos for identification, there are many factors such as distance between eyes, distance of eyebrow line from eyes, is the eyebrow line curved or straight, thin lips or not, etc. One very identifying feature is our ears, particularly the ear lobes. Are the ears large or small, do they stick out or are close to the head, are the ear lobes large or small? Are the lobes attached straight to the head or are they free?

I'm sure everyone has seen there are certain proportions to the face that have been measured, especially in the age of facial recognition. Forgive the rough analogy, but each difference from the mathematical "norm" is like a mutation. Those mutations are what make our faces unique and recognizable.

It is those unique traits or mutations that artists use to help us identify politicians in political cartoons. Think of how any politician has been portrayed in the media: Nixon with his jowls, long ski nose and receding hairline, Carter with his big toothy-grin, GW Bush with his prominent ears, and on and on. In order to help us recognize the politician the artist has in mind, they exaggerate the obvious identifying features of a person that are disproportional to the rest of the face and head.

Obviously, the BG sketch is not a political cartoon but an approximation of what a witness could remember. What they remembered were the suspect's identifying features.

The identifying feature of a long, protruding chin and short philtrum (space between nose and mouth) were apparent to many of us when the second BG sketch was released. That was confirmed by the panel on HLN. As experts in their fields, they commented those features were what LE wanted people to notice.

LE wants us to focus on what they have released now. The first BG sketch was a red herring of sorts. Whether both sketches are of the same man from a different perspective because of disguise, distance of video enhancement, shadow lighting from the sun or from pixelation, etc., it doesn't matter. In real life, BG does not look like a 40-plus year old heavy-set man with with a paunch and jowls.

LE wants the people of Delphi and the surrounding communities to know that. The second BG sketch is not for us, it is for them, and for BG and the people who know him.

JMO

Last edited:
It is a great thought, but given how rural this area is I would guess not many cameras exist like that around. I could be wrong though.

It would have been great if there were a few trail cams in that area. One of the walkthroughs (not GH's) was on the same side of the creek as the girls were found and there was a tree stand shown so it would seem hunting occurred there. Not 100 % sure if the area where the tree stand is located is part of the trail system or on private land.

RSBM

This is what I WANT to believe! I continue to struggle in my effort to feel confident... But, I also continue to hope this is correct.

We are all just waiting for the arrest
C'mon ya stinkin' coward, if it's about power... Let's just see how powerful you are with your identity known.
I wonder how many local Delphi people have worked out who they think BG could be.

It would have been great if there were a few trail cams in that area. One of the walkthroughs (not GH's) was on the same side of the creek as the girls were found and there was a tree stand shown so it would seem hunting occurred there. Not 100 % sure if the area where the tree stand is located is part of the trail system or on private land.
Oh that is a really good thought!

Yes! Safeguards. I would be terminated.

I agree. It’s inexcusable to leave that screen up there. But I doubt it was intentional. Considering the mistakes made...some factual...in that PC and the clunky amateurish frantic way the video and audio were presented at the end, I’m not surprised it was left up.

Yikes. I think I’ve been looking at the wrong lot or area for the old CPS/welfare parking lot. In the press conference, Carter stated “on the east side of county rd 300 north.” According to this map’s compass, that’s on the opposite side of the road of where the welfare building stood, also opposite side to the trail entrances after the curve. So perhaps the car stood out more so in that location. Or was more isolated from view of the people at the trail that day.

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/newsbug.info/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/d/eb/deb60c4e-acf9-11e5-9ce2-bbc779333205/568082db42bb4.image.jpg?resize=1200,1553

I think you are reading your map incorrectly.

I wonder how many local Delphi people have worked out who they think BG could be.
I believe A LOT of locals think they know who he is and surprisingly they seem to agree if you believe SM.
But for the FACTS LE can't come up with, we'd have an arrest.
I think they'll eventually get there but maybe not so soon.

Have to wonder if video exists of the car and driver outside of the 12-5 timeframe. Perhaps there are local businesses along the route with cameras that may have captured something. I’m guessing LE is all over this possibility!
Good thought! IIRC this is how they found Molly Tibbet’s killer.
It is a great thought, but given how rural this area is I would guess not many cameras exist like that around. I could be wrong though.

Welcome IceyIllusion.

Yes canvassing/collecting and analyzing surveillance footage from any businesses, etc in the area is Standard Procedure and one of the first steps in any investigation (Police101). I agree the area could be challenging as far as this goes, but then again there is the highway proximity.

Last edited:
One thing I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on – files from the press conference seem to indicate a red Chrysler Aspen was the vehicle spotted at the abandoned CPS building. Has anyone looked up whether such a car was sold in the Carroll County/Lafayette area in the wake of the murders/since?
Aspen is a computer software and when I saw that file I thought it was Aspen software.

I agree. It’s inexcusable to leave that screen up there. But I doubt it was intentional. Considering the mistakes made...some factual...in that PC and the clunky amateurish frantic way the video and audio were presented at the end, I’m not surprised it was left up.

Yes, agree! I should have clarified, I don't believe LE was negligent or forgetful with confidential information being shown in a PC. I was just thinking of my position and what's considered safeguards, I would be termed.

When I see see the photos and videos of bridge guy, I am always drawn to what is in front of his neck/upper chest. In the still photos, I see a masquerade type mask, white with black eye holes and a nose bridge. In the video, I see the same thing, but at times it morphs into a full white mask. It doesn’t look like a Michael Myers or Scream mask, but it’s effect would’ve been similar. The images are subjective, this is how I perceive them. MOO
I agree with the other posters, who think he is a sadist. He knew what he wanted to do, the girls were in the wrong place at the wrong time. He probably wears many masks in his life, son, husband, friend, coworker, killer. This guy isn’t playing with a full deck, his family have watched him evolve, they have to suspect something. I really hope they get this guy soon! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph