IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

I don't either. The selling of babies--when have we ever had an outcome like that? Oh she was found years later living with a couple who badly wanted a child and paid for her? Honestly? Or someone hiding the child for years? Maybe in an abduction generally of an older child, we have seen that on occasion. In those instances, the child victim was not exactly living in paradise.

Far more likely is tempers, abuse, drugs, losing their marbles, jealousy, drugging a child, trying to shut it up, etc. This happens all of the time unfortunately.

I dislike judging on appearance and even what one says on TV and in media when they are under stress from an extremely tragic situation and yet I find myself doing it. Amber I am a bit torn on. At best she is too trusting, messed up, not mature, made terrible choices, etc. That is at best--and that is with giving as much benefit of the doubt as possible, I am not saying I necessarily believe that. imo.

The pic of her with the two friends? with a reporter's mike in front of them? Again, I do not like to judge on the little we see and know but the one friend looks like she is glaring at the other while the other has a smirky grin and is holding her phone. Who ARE these people? We are total strangers and I see nothing funny about a baby missing and most likely dead.

I always have hope even if it is far fetched but in this case I agree with IMPD, this baby is more than likely dead. Unfortunately, I also feel the department cannot charge anyone nor find her because they are dealing with people that seem to have no morals or conscience and again, they were not told of a missing child until well after the fact. That is not on LE, they did not know she was missing and they have no help from the parties/players involved nor surrounding them or so it appears.

The forgery charge while it is something is likely not going to keep RL in jail. Has anyone looked up the car impound record lately?

I do have faith in LE and hope more is known than we know but looking at what we know, I see no certainty of where she is or evidence for an arrest--again at no fault of the department. I do hope far more is going on than we know, these are messed up 20 somethings (and older) who just from hiding things, lying and giving incorrect info may have gotten away with something so far but I doubt all are the brightest bulbs. Again, I hate to judge like that but based on what we have seen... Living in a car or shed, dates at Motel 6 or wherever, forgery, striking someone with a car--I still am unclear on why that case seemed to "disappear". Maybe he was released for a reason...

I have not even been on FB (hear about it though) but the cast of characters seen is disturbing and again I am judging but also going just by what we have seen...

This poor baby deserves justice and to RIP. I do not believe she is alive and I do not say that often.

I also think fund raising online needs to have a good look and some rules set in place. I hate to see more regulation in most areas of our lives but *** alone is going to be a motive one day if it has not happened already. There have been a few cases already I have wondered about... There is a very good side to it and a very bad side to it. I donate to nothing unless I know where it is going and who is behind it and more.

Just talking out loud and jmo.
I was confused about the baby selling too! I do know that sort of thing happened back in the day in this country, especially with “orphanages” but I had no idea it is a modern day issue. Hope this is not the case here, although it would mean that she is alive.

93 WIBC Indianapolis‏Verified account @93wibc

NEWS: Husband Of Amiah Robertson's Babysitter Says His Wife Is Not A Child Killer https://buff.ly/2vwcQvZ

D5jUU_8W4AIw2BX.jpg

93 WIBC Indianapolis on Twitter
From your link:
The 8-month-old baby girl has been missing since March 9th. She was supposed to have been dropped off at the Browning's home that day by Robert Lyons, but Browning's wife told IMPD she never showed up.
RL was supposed to drop Amiah off but she never showed up? Say what?

What’s with all these people talking like Amiah had some choice or control over where she went?

Does that mean RL showed up without Amiah or did neither show up? The babysitter was expecting him so did he call to cancel?

I guess the interview was more about the babysitter’s good name getting smeared on social media. Sigh.
Also:
”It's not in…Robbie’s best interests to come around me because I think I would speak my mind to (him) that’s going to make (him) wish that a long time ago (he) would have told me where my daughter was,” said Robertson. “He just said that if we ever broke up he still wanted to be in her life but, sorry, bud, if my daughter comes home you’ll never set eyes on her again.”
Mother believes Amiah Robertson is still alive following unsuccessful search of home
I don’t know what to make of this quote. I watched the video and the first part doesn’t seem to be in it so I don’t know the full context but her demeanor confuses me. Another case from several years back taught me that people can lie quite convincingly so sometimes it’s tough to read a person accurately. This woman is a head scratcher for me.

First she found evidence by herself (reminds me of WH in AJ Hadsell’s case who also “found” evidence). And now she speaks in a casual way about not letting her ex boyfriend see Amiah again “Sorry, bud.”

Why isn’t she furious with him? Damn, it would be more understandable if she said she wanted to kill him but no, she would speak her mind to him.

Something is off IMO but I don’t know what. MOO.

29 April 2019:

WATCH: Here's what we know about IMPD's return to the home where 8-month-old Amiah Robertson last seen alive.

IMPD returns to where baby Amiah last seen alive

WISH-TV on Twitter

From the above link:

“UPDATE: Police around 3:14 p.m. Tuesday announced that they had searched the rear of the residence on South Holmes Avenue with a University of Indianapolis forensic anthropology/archaeology team and Indiana Task Force 1 search dogs. The search was concluded, they said, with "no substantial discoveries."“

Snip

“IMPD is describing the activity as a "follow up investigation."”

Snip

“All police would confirm is that what they saw on Monday led them to believe there needed to be some digging done behind the home. News 8 crews also saw evidence markers near the scene. IMPD also took out multiple tan bags full of stuff.”

She'll speak her mind huh? Except wasn't she so afraid of him that she wouldn't meet with him to go get her baby? Stinks to the heavens......I'm just gonna sing "liar, liar pants on fire"......MOO
Yep. Quite the paradox, eh? She seems “real” but it’s hard to ignore the time lapse in reporting Amiah missing.

IMO, with the mom, they should bring in the youngest female detective they have, dressed casually (jeans/t-shirt) and interview mom away from the police station and any location known to her. Being heavy handed with her or trying to shake her down, I don't think will work. I'm sure they have even tried gentle pleading with her but I think "who" gets info out of her will be key (like in most cases).

Last edited:
IMO, with the mom, they should bring in the youngest female detective they have, dressed casually (jeans/t-shirt) and interview mom away from the police station and any location known to her. Being heavy handed with her or trying to shake her down, I don't think will work. I'm sure they have even tried gentle pleading with her but I think "who" gets info out of her will be key (like in most cases).

I see your thinking but I'm of the opinion that enough is enough now.

Someone in the group (probably more than just one person) knows exactly what happened to Amiah I'm unsure if Amber does but wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.

They keep getting them all in on petty charges and it's going nowhere.

Arrest the lot of them on conspiracy to murder charges or something similar and see who squeals.

I'm debating how much I can say here. Amber is starting to strike me as empty for lack of a better phrase. I have knowledge of a few people that live in the area of "Haughville". They share that characteristic. There's a flat effect and a sense of deep seated hopelessness. The type of attitude that comes when you say, "whoa was that a gunshot!?" and the reply is a shrug with a "get used to it". I'm not defending or condemning, just an observation.

Oh I agree she's pretty vacant and I'd say she is surrounded by similar people.

Maybe drugs,petty crime etc... are the norm for them as they see no other way of life for them.

And while I have some sympathy for her situation in a way I can't get past that she was responsible for that baby and was not taking care of her.

Even if not directly responsible for what happened she has put her baby in a situation that has allowed it to happen.

It sickens me and it just adds to the problem as the next generation follows the same path and so on and so on.

I think it's more than just a missing baby issue it's a massive society issue.

Oh I agree she's pretty vacant and I'd say she is surrounded by similar people.

Maybe drugs,petty crime etc... are the norm for them as they see no other way of life for them.

And while I have some sympathy for her situation in a way I can't get past that she was responsible for that baby and was not taking care of her.

Even if not directly responsible for what happened she has put her baby in a situation that has allowed it to happen.

It sickens me and it just adds to the problem as the next generation follows the same path and so on and so on.

I think it's more than just a missing baby issue it's a massive society issue.

You're absolutely right. I don't for one minute excuse anyone not protecting their child. And I'm watching the generation thing carry out as well. It confounds me.

We knew on such a charge he would be released/have bond. It still gave me immense satisfaction to see him walk in chains and in orange. In fact I am a bit surprised there is video of this.

That makes me far from a nice person I guess but in this case I can't seem to help it.

She is/was a helpless baby and awaiting the ones lying to wake up and do the right thing is a futile exercise I guess.

jmo and just venting a bit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back