Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the word “guys”, all kidding aside (I made the joke a while back that being from Kentucky, I know that they only say “Y’all” and not “guys” unless they moved down from Indiana) people use the term “guys” pretty much all over the country. Even in the Deep South. I live in Alabama, transplanted from Louisville, Kentucky. We say “Guys” way down here too, although we probably use “Y’all” more. So it has sort of become a term used in the common vernacular in many areas.

BUT, I really don’t think the WORD “Guys” is what is significant, and is not the thing to focus on. I think LE released it because people who know BG and have heard him speak or greet people have heard him say this many times, most likely. It’s HOW he says it. Is this a regular greeting for him? The tone of his voice, etc., will register with someone. They’ll think “I’ve heard so-and-so say “guys” JUST LIKE THAT.”

As usual, MOO.

What if its not a joke and it is in fact significant...lets say hypothetically that BG moved away from Indiana after the murders to somewhere like Kentucky or Texas where people more often use 'y'all' but he still uses 'guys' in everyday speech because it is ingrained in his language patterns. Wouldn't that make him stand out to his friends/co-workers? Wouldn't this be a clue to those close to him in his new environment (especially if he looked somewhat like the sketch or had ties to Delphi)? I feel like although there were some blunders with the press conference, every aspect of it was carefully planned and scripted. There is a very good reason (possibly only known to LE) that the word 'guys' was released.

I do agree with you though that the word 'guys' is not the thing to focus on, at least not for the general public at large. Carter made it very clear that they are seeking the identity of the driver of a vehicle parked near the abandoned CPS building. IMO they have a suspect in mind, but need to evidence to prove that he was in the vicinity of the crime scene on Feb. 13th, and that his alibi (if he has one) is false.

exactly how I feel....the Supt seemed very upset and I think it was because the cops have been hoodwinked by someone pointing them in the wrong direction....
I think this is an unlikely scenario, but I’ll mention it anyway, because we are all so puzzled by the change in sketches.

How thoroughly was the water in Deer Creek checked AFTER the bodies were found? Was any of it dredged? Were their diver teams searching for evidence for days?

I just wonder if anything could have recently washed ashore, or been discovered by a fisherman or nearby resident.

In other words, was something that was shed or disposed of by BG recently found? Like a bag of his clothing? His hat with the blue jacket? A bag that had been weighed down, but somehow became unearthed...

If that were the case, then they might have to take a second look at sketches of men seen around the trail AFTER the murders would have taken place. And possibly sketches of people who they excluded partly because they did not fit the bulkier appearing BG from video, or clothing and overall description did not at all match the image we see of BG taken by Libby.

However, I’m not sure how likely that a find of BG’s apparel could have been kept quiet?

Just a thought.

the word is not as important as what the word stands for.....familiarity IMO.....just MO......

why wouldn't a frenzied killer to be not just say "get down the hill"......why address the girls with "guys"...

Excellent point, and that is one thing I can’t get out of my head. I’m not thinking they knew him well personally...but is this someone who has worked with people and knew them in some capacity? Had he worked around young people, perhaps? Someone used to directing people to do this or that? Teacher, church leader, music minister, etc.? And is he someone they may have seen before but not enough to have recognized until he got right up to them?

the word is not as important as what the word stands for.....familiarity IMO.....just MO......

why wouldn't a frenzied killer to be not just say "get down the hill"......why address the girls with "guys"...

MOO He speaks like that from role familiarity, not necessarily personal familiarity.
Youth leaders speak like that constantly.
(Hey) Guys....
MOO he is saying in an attention demanding way
"...Guys.."
Look, I am pointing a gun at you.

As far as the word “guys”, all kidding aside (I made the joke a while back that being from Kentucky, I know that they only say “Y’all” and not “guys” unless they moved down from Indiana) people use the term “guys” pretty much all over the country. Even in the Deep South. I live in Alabama, transplanted from Louisville, Kentucky. We say “Guys” way down here too, although we probably use “Y’all” more. So it has sort of become a term used in the common vernacular in many areas.

BUT, I really don’t think the WORD “Guys” is what is significant, and is not the thing to focus on. I think LE released it because people who know BG and have heard him speak or greet people have heard him say this many times, most likely. It’s HOW he says it. Is this a regular greeting for him? The tone of his voice, etc., will register with someone. They’ll think “I’ve heard so-and-so say “guys” JUST LIKE THAT.”

As usual, MOO.

Someone must recognize his voice/demeanor and sketch. Possibly someone has called in a tip that needs to be thoroughly vetted, which all takes time. For all we know a friend could have called in a tip two years ago but when they investigated it hit a dead end at that time. All LE needs is several tips, witnesses placing him at the scene of the crime, driving the car there, or noticing he wasn't at class or where he told LE he was. Perhaps someone who gave him a false alibi will change their minds and soon.

That's always a possibility. For me, personally, there's been nothing indicating what stature BG's family has in the Delphi community, one way or another. JMO, Carter's demeanor at the PC does not necessarily point towards betrayal, as other's have suggested. It could, of course. But so could there be a lot of other reasons behind it.
Yes, I don't think his words implied in any way what type of family the killer came from, or what his standing is in the community.
I think he used the words "hiding in plain sight" to emphasize that he could be anyone in Delphi, as opposed to an outsider who lives nearby, as was previously thought.
When he said he could even be in the room, I believe it was to send a clear message that the suspect could be anyone the people of Delphi know well and have been possibly interacting with since the murder.
I think his purpose was get the attention of those close to him, or anyone that has noticed a change in him in the last two years, and encourage them to take a closer look or call in a tip.
I don't think he was hinting that the perp could be in a position of authority, works with children, or is a member of a church or LE. Imo

What if its not a joke and it is in fact significant...lets say hypothetically that BG moved away from Indiana after the murders to somewhere like Kentucky or Texas where people more often use 'y'all' but he still uses 'guys' in everyday speech because it is ingrained in his language patterns. Wouldn't that make him stand out to his friends/co-workers? Wouldn't this be a clue to those close to him in his new environment (especially if he looked somewhat like the sketch or had ties to Delphi)?

SBM

No. Kentuckian here and I can confirm that "guys" and "y'all" are used equally. Someone using "guys" would not stand out. I live in Appalachia where we are stereotyped for using y'all and I still probably hear guys more. Language changes with the times. With globalization it is becoming harder to draw lines between colloquialisms and language and it's really difficult to say that X state only uses Y word. We're talking about a word here that most of the YouTubers open their videos with. It's not rare.

The murder and torture of a Lafayette mother NB who was found March 30, 2019 resulted in multiple arrest including a Delphi woman. Is it possible that one of those 5 people arrested is trading information about this horrible crime for there own leniency? The timing would be correct.

Hello Jax49 and Dancing Muse:
David MacAnally/Eyewitness News at approx 2:46 into the interview speaks with a man with an orange hoodie. This is I believe the searcher who located Libby and Abby on Ron Logan’s property. The video does not identify him by name.

Please feel free to correct me if my memory is faulty. This is the video I saved in my notes as important.
MOO

That matches my memory. I do think there's another interview where he's id'd by name and RL says he found the bodies, but I'm not sure.

moo

I found an interesing article about "dude ranch". It is off-topic but I assume we shall not find out anything new on Sunday, and it is history! Ted Roosevelt.

Ever Wondered Why It's Called a 'Dude Ranch'?

"Like many Easterners with a romantic vision of the West, the Harvard-educated Roosevelt eventually headed to the frontier, where for a few years he operated a cattle ranch in the Dakotas. That was what made him a “dude” — he was a well-born Easterner not accustomed to the rough life of the West.

Back in Theodore Roosevelt’s time, the word “dude” wasn’t used in a very friendly way by Westerners. In essence, “dude” meant an ostentatious and ignorant man who could barely survive outside his comfort zone in the big city back East. Cultured socialites, arrogant and rich, were called “dudes” when they came out West to see what life was like for the “other half.”"

Interesting how the language changes and morphs...

As usual, MOO.

I agree, the release of the additional word “guys” is intended to assist somebody who might already have suspicions, to motivate them into calling in a tip, much the same as the mannerisms might’ve also done through watching the video.

Hello Jax49 and Dancing Muse:
David MacAnally/Eyewitness News at approx 2:46 into the interview speaks with a man with an orange hoodie. This is I believe the searcher who located Libby and Abby on Ron Logan’s property. The video does not identify him by name.
Please feel free to correct me if my memory is faulty. This is the video I saved in my notes as important.
MOO

MizStery,
Your efforts are much appreciated.
I thought I couldn't be more impressed at the thoroughness of the individuals on this forum.
(How wrong I was!) And everyday, I get more surprised at how amazing you all are.
It is important to go over these old videos and see them through the lens of the new info put out by LE 2 weeks ago.
Thanks again.

(Just my humble opinion based on an insane effing Life Experience)

I haven't read much about the searches, but I get the sense from a lot of posts here that searchers were very near the bodies off and on that day before finding them? Is that correct?

If so, it tells me that the scene was not extraordinarily bloody (I hate even saying that). It sort of dissuades me from some of the more messy theories...
I would think it would be easy to miss even if there was a lot of blood.
Blood turns brownish, and appears darker as it dries, and may have blended in with the ground, old leaves, or any sticks or branches lying around. Imo

This may have been covered, but I couldn’t find anything on this, so if it has, someone correct me, but do we know for sure that the audio they released was in sequence, exactly as it was said?

Could they have cut some out? Could he have said “Guys, whatcha up to?” “Guys, why aren’t you 2 in school?” “Guys, can you tell me how to get down to the creek?” ANYTHING to strike up a conversation and put their guards down? Because they were talking about the weird guy, and then he shows up behind them. They were probably noticeably freaked out and defensive. He may have said something to drop their guard and at that point they may have thought “Hmmm...he looks a little familiar....” And after letting their guard down a bit then he could begin his attack and order them “down the hill”. It would be easier to subdue them if he somehow gained their confidence, even for a short time. I still think he may have known of these 2 girls, perhaps had seen them attend church, around town, at high school sports, etc.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members